PDA

View Full Version : Shatley Springs Cruise

frdwrnch
05-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Y'all are invited to cruise with The Carolinas Region Falcon Club and The Southern Performance Ford Club on Saturday June 11, 2005 to Shatley Springs NC in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our destination is an awesome restaurant that specializes in home style food and as much as you can eat of it!
We are meeting Saturday morning at 10:00 am at the rest area just nort of exit 36. It's a two hour cruise to Shatley Springs. We will take I-77 to I-40 west to highway 115 to 421 west to highway 16 north to Shatley.
We had a lot of fun on our cruise last Fall. I think you'll like this one!

Agent M79
06-11-2005, 09:43 PM
How did this go, frdwnch? Did the I-77 traffic snarl mess things up at all.

There were a couple of times where, could I have gotten the MM over the guard rails, I would doubled back and join up with you.

Fill us in!

Donny Carlson
06-12-2005, 07:40 AM
"Shatley" ? Isn't that a condition you get when you've had some bad chili?

SC Cheesehead
06-12-2005, 08:27 AM
"Shatley" ? Isn't that a condition you get when you've had some bad chili?
Excess quantities of beer, coupled with jalpenos will do it, too.:D

SCCH

frdwrnch
07-01-2005, 03:47 PM
This was a low speed, low impact cruise w/ beautiful scenery and damn good eatin'. We will have to make this a Carolina Marauders excursion at some point. We did not spend much time on 77 so we had very little traffic impact. Being that several of these were powered by the fearsome 144 cu in 6 cyl we were not in our element on the interstate. The we had about ten cars in the group and the only problem was a 64 Falcon w/a bad radiator cap that let his coolant blow out.