PDA

View Full Version : Detailorama 2005.

Embassy
05-29-2005, 09:55 PM
My Vic was overdue for an exterior maintenance session.

I started by claying the car and followed it up with two separate swirl mark removers. I'll have a Porter Cable by the time the fall detail session comes around.

The headlamps, cornermarkers, centercaps, and trim rings were clayed.

After the swirl remover, I used Klasse All in One (AIO) cleaner and protectant. Finally, I applied two coats of Klasse Super Glaze (SG).

Every painted surface on the exterior of the car incuding under the front fascia, wheel wells, door jams, sides and underside of the hood, engine compartment fenders, inside of the gas door, trunk lid underside, and the area under the rear window and trunk had AIO and SG applications.

The headlamps, corner lamps, tail lamps, centercaps, and trim rings also received applications of AIO and SG.

I'll wash the Vic and add one more coat of SG this week and follow up with 3 or 4 coats of Zaino.

That should last me for a while.

Enjoy. (http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=588&s=25517#content)

I'll add some more pics this week.

torinodan
05-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Shinny, I like. Is mine next? J/K:D

rocknrod
05-29-2005, 10:13 PM
It will rain in the morning for sure now.:)

torinodan
05-29-2005, 10:17 PM
"It will rain in the morning for sure now.:)"

Hey, not until I get mine washed. Just wait, it's going to rain real soon.

Embassy
05-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Is mine next? J/K
Bring it on over. :D

It will rain in the morning for sure now.:)That's the truth. :lol:

Actually, I had planned to drive the Vic to a meet yesterday morning. However I kept her home because it just had to rain Friday night, after a week of no rain.

Fortunatley, the Vic is no longer a daily driver and has not seen wet weather in approximatley 2 years.

ckadiddle
05-30-2005, 05:22 AM
Looks better than showroom shine. :)

Rider90
05-30-2005, 05:24 AM
Beautiful!

Last week I did the clay bar, polish, and paste wax and it got dirty over the week...hosed it off and it looks like I just detailed it again. Gotta love it.

Very nice Embassy!

MM2004
05-30-2005, 05:39 AM
Well, As usual you outdid yourself. Your Vic looks great Steve.

My Vic was overdue for an exterior maintenance session.

I started by claying the car and followed it up with two separate swirl mark removers. I'll have a Porter Cable by the time the fall detail session comes around.

The headlamps, cornermarkers, centercaps, and trim rings were clayed.

After the swirl remover, I used Klasse All in One (AIO) cleaner and protectant. Finally, I applied two coats of Klasse Super Glaze (SG).

Every painted surface on the exterior of the car incuding under the front fascia, wheel wells, door jams, sides and underside of the hood, engine compartment fenders, inside of the gas door, trunk lid underside, and the area under the rear window and trunk had AIO and SG applications.

The headlamps, corner lamps, tail lamps, centercaps, and trim rings also received applications of AIO and SG.

I'll wash the Vic and add one more coat of SG this week and follow up with 3 or 4 coats of Zaino.

That should last me for a while.

Enjoy. (http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=588&s=25517#content)

I'll add some more pics this week.

Embassy
05-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Thank you, gentlemen.

I snapped a few more pics (http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=588&s=25851#content) tonight.

I still need to take some in bright sunlight.

wchain
06-01-2005, 08:41 AM
GAH! I'm BLIND!