PDA

View Full Version : My Mufler Upgrade Today

blackf0rk
05-31-2005, 10:03 AM
I just got my hands on the Flowmaster Delta 40's. After I write this post I'll be leaving to have them installed. I noticed they were a little less noisy than the Super 40's but still in the 'Powerfull' range; just what I'm looking for. Can't wait to see how they sound! :) :banana:

blackf0rk
05-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok I'm back - and WOWZERS! This was exactly was I was looking for! Extremely low cabin noise when traveling on the freewy, but when you're accelerating and givin'er gas boy does she sound mean!

Tallboy
05-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Awesome! I love the way those mufflers sound. Let me know if the pitch/tone changes once they're broken in...:)

blackf0rk
05-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Ok, will do! I did notice that when deccelorating the engine and the mufflers put out a low gargle - sounds really beefy. Me likey! :)

twolow
05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
I love leaving the OD off so when you let off the gas it gargles as the engine slows the car down.

In fact, I purposely take off and get up above the speed limit so i can coast and listen to it :D

blackf0rk
05-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I love leaving the OD off so when you let off the gas it gargles as the engine slows the car down.

In fact, I purposely take off and get up above the speed limit so i can coast and listen to it :D
:eek: I thought I was the only one that liked that sound? :burnout:

rayjay
05-31-2005, 06:37 PM
blackf0rk, are the mufflers you bought the stainless steel version? If so what is the model number. I drive my MM year round and non stainless mufflers would be lucky to make it through a year here.

Muffrauder
05-31-2005, 06:44 PM
We sell and install Flowmaster and Magnaflow mufflers all day , we have had more people wanting the Magnaflow due to the in car noise of the Flowmaster. The Magnaflow is a straight through muffler without the dreaded drone of that Flow-box. A set of Magnaflow mufflers along with Magnaflow free flowing converters and our own x-pipe and that Rauder sounds like a high reving Indy machine. And I mean that in the best way. But Flowmaster got that big for a reason..live on and respect another mans likes. Bryan

blackf0rk
05-31-2005, 06:51 PM
We sell and install Flowmaster and Magnaflow mufflers all day , we have had more people wanting the Magnaflow due to the in car noise of the Flowmaster. The Magnaflow is a straight through muffler without the dreaded drone of that Flow-box. A set of Magnaflow mufflers along with Magnaflow free flowing converters and our own x-pipe and that Rauder sounds like a high reving Indy machine. And I mean that in the best way. But Flowmaster got that big for a reason..live on and respect another mans likes. Bryan
I was worried about the drone, but with the Delta 40's (maybe it's like this for the other series too), I have little to no cabin drone on set highway speeds, or in the city.

When I take off and shift you hear it. Once the car has settled down and is cruising, it's great! Just what I was looking for! :)

Didn't go with the Magnaflows because of the reduced sound, and price.

And no, my mufflers are not stainless.

1stMerc
05-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Ok, will do! I did notice that when deccelorating the engine and the mufflers put out a low gargle - sounds really beefy. Me likey! :)

How did you have them installed welded , clamps or both. I'm thinking of having a pair put on this weekend.

blackf0rk
05-31-2005, 07:41 PM
I had them welded - only way to go! :D