PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Marauders

MNMarauder
06-01-2005, 10:40 AM
So if anyone is wondering where the Silver Marauder Burnsville Lincoln Mercury was storing all winter went I've got it. So far I've added a K&N filter...with ZERO noticable difference...Wired my own XM radio...four new speakers all around...also didn't get as much improvement as i was hoping for. The best mod so far is an HID headlight conversion. I lost the use of my highbeams but the road is lit up so well i never thinkg about needing them.

Anyway when are we all going to porky's?

GarageMahal
06-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you here.

We are due for a Porky's meeting. I am in for this Saturday afternoon/evening. How about from 4pm - 6pm or so? Anyone else?

jta

SergntMac
06-01-2005, 02:52 PM
John?

Haggis?

Somebody wake Gordon up...

jdando
06-01-2005, 03:31 PM
I will check my calendar!

jeremy

FiveO
06-01-2005, 04:45 PM
I'll be in Michigan this Friday, leaving tomorrow night.

Lidio and his crew are going to install a new upgraded fuel pump along with the 90mm MAF I have set to go in...then a dynotune to set it all in place.

Then Sunday I'll be in Muncie, Indiana dragging with some other Marauders and ImpalaSS gents.

Next couple weekends look pretty good though. Lets set something up!

Donny Carlson
06-01-2005, 07:29 PM
I'll be in Michigan this Friday, leaving tomorrow night.

Lidio and his crew are going to install a new upgraded fuel pump along with the 90mm MAF I have set to go in...then a dynotune to set it all in place.

Then Sunday I'll be in Muncie, Indiana dragging with some other Marauders and ImpalaSS gents.

Next couple weekends look pretty good though. Lets set something up!
You coming down to whip some SS butt at SSHS-5?

FiveO
06-01-2005, 07:46 PM
You coming down to whip some SS butt at SSHS-5?

Not sure if I'll whip some butt...as there will be several other MM's and S/C'ed MM's ...but I'll be there to defend my title!!!

I'd actually love to see a MM vs. MM finish for the championship.....eh?

:)

VIKINGMM
06-01-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm leaving Saturday for Lidio's and an install of the Triloogy and K&N kits. Man, i can hardly stand the wait.

I'm for Porky's when I get back.

FiveO
06-01-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm leaving Saturday for Lidio's and an install of the Triloogy and K&N kits. Man, i can hardly stand the wait.

WOOHOO! Another Minnesota Trilogy!?!?

Looks like me and mrogerc will have some company!

:party:

GarageMahal
06-01-2005, 09:47 PM

Grats! I am not sure how much longer I can hold out. There is a reason I have never accepted an offer to drive a S/C MM...

jta

MENINBLK
06-01-2005, 09:59 PM
So if anyone is wondering where the Silver Marauder Burnsville Lincoln Mercury was storing all winter went I've got it. So far I've added a K&N filter...with ZERO noticable difference...Wired my own XM radio...four new speakers all around...also didn't get as much improvement as i was hoping for. The best mod so far is an HID headlight conversion. I lost the use of my highbeams but the road is lit up so well i never thinkg about needing them.

Anyway when are we all going to porky's?

Try swapping out your Airbox and snorkel,
for a K&N Aircharger and a DryCharger.

MNMarauder
06-02-2005, 01:32 AM
Glad to see everyone is awake out there and reading post. I am able to do porky's this weekend from 4 to 6 if we could get more than two cars there that'd be great? if not i'll probably wait. Two cars would be too much like a date for me :)

PS looked at the aircharger just thought i'd start slow with just the filter one of those spur of the moment deals. still not sure how far i am going to take this car yet.

LimoMerc
06-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I've been real busy and did not have time to log on in over a week but I'm real glad to see you have jioned. Can we shoot for this coming Friday night? 06/10/05. I may also be up for Saturday if that works better. What part of the Cities are you in?

MNMarauder
06-06-2005, 01:16 AM
I've been real busy and did not have time to log on in over a week but I'm real glad to see you have jioned. Can we shoot for this coming Friday night? 06/10/05. I may also be up for Saturday if that works better. What part of the Cities are you in?
Well sorry guys I won't have another weekend off till friday the 24. I am from St. Paul but I am always on 35 E and W going to work. I am a Police Officer somewhere in Anoka County. So yes I've driven the cop car and no it is nothing nearly as fast. Though it is a lot easier to go fast with lights and sirens going. I am looking at the watts linkage lowering deal i saw posted here if anyone has any insight on that.

FiveO
06-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Well sorry guys I won't have another weekend off till friday the 24. I am from St. Paul but I am always on 35 E and W going to work. I am a Police Officer somewhere in Anoka County. So yes I've driven the cop car and no it is nothing nearly as fast. Though it is a lot easier to go fast with lights and sirens going. I am looking at the watts linkage lowering deal i saw posted here if anyone has any insight on that.

Another LE too...nice..... I'm LE somewhere in Rice County :)

Don't do the watts link first...do the control arms first. If I had it to do over I would have skipped the WL and done the CA only...but oh well...still corners like its on rails!

Just to clarify...what do you mean bit Watts Link "lowering"....Metco has the Watts Link...but I don't believe it will "lower" your car much.

MNMarauder
06-07-2005, 01:04 AM
ha funny I think I heard about you from a guy at Striechers, Eric (I think)? Says your car is really hot. Ahh i just heard there is some deal where you can trick your car into lowering itself with it's airbags by adjusting that point in the suspension. I can be emailed at Interna424@aol.com. curious to know where you work.

I'd hate to get this thread off track. I'd still be interested in getting everyone together if that is at all possible. If not that I'd atleast love some insight on what to do to my car. Keeping in mind I am on a cop's budget.

So far again: K&N filter only, XM Radio, Four Speakers, A lot of polish and wax, HID headlight conversion, LED seven color under car lighting.

three114evan
06-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Yea, sorry to jump in on your thread all, but im new here. There is a meet consisting of some CVN people, thundercats, and a couple marauders that i dont know. The plans are to meet on 6/11/2005 at 1300 University Ave St. Paul (target parking lot) from 4:45 pm to 5:15 pm and we are supposedly going to convoy over to red wing and all hang out till about 10 pm or so. If anyone is interested, show up or let me know.

By the way let me introduce myself,
My name is Evan, I live here in the Cities. Im a member of CVN, and I just thought I would check out your site. I have been to the track with five0 (hey bud! whats up?), and would look forward to meeting all of you sometime!

Thanks for reading this guys,
Evan

FiveO
06-09-2005, 05:16 AM
Evan. How's it going? I remember you!

MNMarauder. Eric has been one of my good friends since high school. Great guy.

I have a car show this weekend. I think its on Sunday. I'll have to check. I might be up for a meet in the Twin Cities. The one Evan suggested might work out. Anyone else?

MNMarauder
06-09-2005, 10:19 AM
What is CVN? I am all about red wing guys!!! you are talking to the red wing master. I also own a Honda 600rr Crotch rocket and Red Wing is one of my usual short trips.

Let me suggest a couple routes.

Ofcourse there is the easy way... 94E to 61 South through Hastings. If you do that way take the 316 short cut by the old Walmart in Hastings. I think they just repaved that last year so the road is smoooooooooth. It meets back up with 61 and you just continue South to Red Wing. I think that way just goes around miesville.

A much more fun more scenic route that bikers take is the the LAST exit before the river on 94 East. Someone will have to get out a map. It is where if you go north from 94 it is considered hwy 95 to bayport. If you go south it is called something else.

Anyway take the last exit before the river on 94East. Go south and you will cruise around 45 to a small town where the speed drops to 30. After that the road climbs and starts to curve. The road is surrounded by trees and you also go past some farm fields. Once you are up on the high part of the road near the afton area (i think there is a stop sign there) Don't forget to look to the left the view is amazing. CONTINUE on that road south until is goes downhill at a 15 mph limit you can't miss it the road curves back and forth like crazy and the next thing you know you are at a small highway. FROM THERE take a left and you will see a park and water on your left and the lift bridge that leads into PRESCOTT WI. There is a GAS STATION there perfect for getting gas for those who need it. FROM THE BRIDGE take a RIGHT to continue south down WI 35. that again gets pretty scenic allllllllllllllll the way till you get to a stop sign that gives you the option of left straight and RIGHT TO RED WING. if you go past the RED WING AIRPORT you've gone to fair.

ONCE IN RED WING. Liberties bar is a great place for food...good service and has a small town feel. MAKE SURE TO GO TO MEMORIAL PARK. if no one knows where it is ask it is really easy to get to.

Anyway I am going to see if i can get out of work saturday and join up. Chances are slim. sounds like tons of fun though.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66 91&stc=1

FiveO
06-09-2005, 03:03 PM
CVN = www.CrownVic.Net

three114evan
06-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Yea if you guys want to meet up that would be real fun. Like i said, i know little about the plans for what we will actually be doing in Red Wing, but im sure it will be fun just hanging out at the very least.
I think DreadfullyDespised from CVN is really pumped for this, this will be his last fun thing before boot camp, hes going into the national guard.

dansenander
06-12-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm in for Porky's.

I met a guy in Brooklyn Center, 5 houses from the girlfriends house, he just paid $18k for a 2003 w/ 20k on the clock. He said he would be in for a MM meet too. (he's not a member yet so I will put a post-it on his windshield)

Set a date and let me know. (we should probly PM this to the MN group??)
See you there.

Kelsey
06-13-2005, 09:17 AM
we had a blast on saturday here are some pictures of our meet

http://web.augsburg.edu/~crocketk/meet1.jpg

http://web.augsburg.edu/~crocketk/meet2.jpg

http://web.augsburg.edu/~crocketk/meet3.jpg

http://web.augsburg.edu/~crocketk/meet4.jpg

FiveO
06-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it.

Toooo busy getting ready for the carshow on Sunday.

Soon enough though!

MNMarauder
06-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey read about your second place finish in roc town congrats.

FiveO
06-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey read about your second place finish in roc town congrats.

Thanks! One of these years I'll take a first in that darn show!