PDA

View Full Version : Downers Grove Cruise Night FLM night 6/10/05

Shaft333
06-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Anyone bringing interested in hanging at the DG cruise night next Friday? It's the Ford, Lincoln, Mercury night.

We could try to meet at a specific spot, check out cars and grab a brew.

03marauder
06-03-2005, 06:25 AM
I might be going. I've gone the last two weeks with friends. Was thinking about going tonight, but with the weather not sure.

ex00p71
06-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Ill go

didn't last week get rained out?

Lou
06-03-2005, 04:26 PM
I plan on going [I live in DG] I was the only MM there last year. The way it works is the featured cars park on Curtiss but we don't qaulify as "classics" Last year I got there early [5:30 or 6:00} and got a prime spot on Main St. and took the wife to dinner at one of the many restaurants in town. Then I wandered around and checked out the other cars.

One of the attractions to DG is that people actually "cruise Main St." and it's great to hear some of the mellow exhaust systems. :P

Count me in.

Shaft333
06-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Cool! I live in Lisle now, the Westmont/DG area has been my stomping ground all my life.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to make it next week. Shortly after I started this thread I realized that I'll be on my way home from Detroit that afternoon. More often than not, those trips mean I'm not back in DuPage county before 8 or 9.
I'll rush the travelling pack home! http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Wags
06-05-2005, 07:40 AM
Shaft333,

There are now 3 maurader's in Lisle now that I know of. The third one lives right be me. I don't know if he knows about this site or not. If you're driving around town, and see a black Marauder or a '68 red Chevelle SS, give a honk. I've been to busy to get out to any cruise nights yet, and I'm leaving for Canada early monday morn for 2.5 weeks for some fishing, so if you do see the Chevelle, that means my daughter has swiped it for a cruise, so get out of her way!

Wags

NAVCHAP
06-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Wags, where you been? Nice to know you're still out there! Very few oldies still around here. Regards, -kjs-

svtguy
06-06-2005, 07:06 AM
Anyone bringing interested in hanging at the DG cruise night next Friday? It's the Ford, Lincoln, Mercury night.

We could try to meet at a specific spot, check out cars and grab a brew.I'm hoping to make this.
If I can get the babysitter over I'm in.
Is Main St. where people are meeting up?

ex00p71
06-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Main st., no way that will be packed, the parking lots around there are also usually full, any one else have any good input.

03marauder
06-06-2005, 11:30 AM
The few times I've gone I've gotten there around 7:30 or so. I've usually met my friends in the parking lot by the Subway, and there have been spots open.

Shaft333
06-06-2005, 03:01 PM
I usually park in the Masonic Lodge lot.

Depends on when we get there really. For the most part, any area fills up fast. I've never seen if the spots near the tracks (south west side of Main and tracks).

The parking lot by Subway might suffice.

svtguy
06-07-2005, 05:01 AM
OK I'm in. Got babysitting. Woo Hoo. Sorry, I don't get out much.
Looking forward to meeting up with more MM's and checking out the other festivities.
Not too familiar with Downers Grove so somebody make the call on exactly where and what time to hook up.
I'm thinking I could be there no later than 6:00.

Lou
06-07-2005, 06:45 AM
I try to get there around 6 and get a spot on Main St. Then off to dinner with the wife so when we're done eating the best cars have shown up.

I'll look for you guys wherever as I usually wander the whole downtown area.

Wouldn't it be interesting if we got together and cruised as a group?

On the downside, the weather forecast shows rain all week, including Friday.:censor:

svtguy
06-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Taking the wife to dinner too.
Can you recommend something good for some sit down eats?
Where not to go?
And that Marauder group cruise sounds like a very cool idea.

Lou
06-07-2005, 07:51 AM
There's are quite a few good spots right on Main St.
Pizza - Giordanos.
Emmetts - good brewpub and good food too.
Balydoyle - Irish food and drink.
Also mexican and italian. right there.

Also sandwich shops........

Taking the wife to dinner too.
Can you recommend something good for some sit down eats?
Where not to go?
And that Marauder group cruise sounds like a very cool idea.

Shaft333
06-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Don't forget Every Day's a Sundae... Mmmm ice cream for dinner. :banana2:

svtguy
06-09-2005, 12:44 PM
See you guys tomorrow night? Around 6:30 ish.
I hope the weather cooperates.

Shaft333
06-09-2005, 06:48 PM
It's going to be real tight for me. My car is in the shop now, but it's done... supposedly. I'm in Detroit area for a morning meeting tomorrow. After this meeting we're going to head for home.

Now hopefully I can keep the other engineer and the boss on track to head straight back. Although they have an interest in visiting a supplier of ours...

I digress... it's going to be tight for me to swing back to Lisle, get the car and my woman then head to DG before 6:30. But dagnabit I'm going to try!

Otherwise I'll see you all Sunday at the Chicken Ranch... er Bunny Ranch... er Del Rey's.

I'll probably be wondering aimlessly so I'll have no way of recognizing anyone unless you are wearing your official MM fezzes.

You did all buy your official MM fezzes, right?

03marauder
06-10-2005, 04:35 AM
Who all is showing up to this. I still have not decided if I'm going or not. Last time I was there it got rained out. Some cars stayed but not many.

Lou
06-10-2005, 07:20 AM
As of right now, I'll be there with the wife. If the weather is bad then it'll be up in the air.

ex00p71
06-10-2005, 01:32 PM
sorry, can't make it tonight, i'll be at the chicken run though.

Lou
06-11-2005, 12:14 PM
It was only SVTGuy and I last night and we hooked up just as I was leaving.
I did have a good meal and a few brews though and it didn't rain so it was a good night after all. :D

See everyone tomorrow.

Shaft333
06-12-2005, 09:06 AM
I eventually made it.
Met SVTGuy and his wife.

Thin crowd last night made it a nice night to see the cars.

The Ford Lincoln Mercury crowd was not well represented. There were GM's and Chrycos parked on Curtis.