PDA

View Full Version : Went to the track last night and WOW!

TooManyFords
06-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Ok, it's not an 11 second run, but I did manage to destroy some factory BFG hides and get it into the 12's!

The launch was smooth. I just staged and then punched it from idle. Walked right of the hole and as soon as the ProCharger spooled up the tires screamed for mercy! I'd get 100 feet and then have to get out of it because the rear broke loose, the tranny shifted into second and I could feel the back trying to lead. Not good... No, no, no!

So, for the next three passes I was learning about when I would hit and how to feather the pedal till I reached mid second gear and could get back into it for the rest of the run. Even the 2-3 shift I could feel it squirm but not enough to lift of the pedal.

Three mods are required:

1. I've already ordered the PI Stallion from Greg at FIT. I went with the 3000 stall and will start there.

2. I've ordered the Auburn ECTED Locking posi. I've been looking for an excuse to get one and now I have it.

3. I need to get wider rims and some drag radials or w-i-d-e tires to make up the difference. Still working on the rim and tire choice, but I want to be unique so will probably not widen my factory rims and just sell them to one of you out there when I get new ones. (unless I win the widend rims from MV-III)

I think I'll keep the nitrous on the car and reduce it to about a 20-25 shot (wet) just for the cooling effects on the intake charge and will have TEAM Ford dial that in sometime in July.

It is an absolute blast! After the test-and-tune, Andrew (duhtroll) and I went out looking for rice and I handed the keys to Andrew. I'll let him post his own unbiased review. Really. He can't hurt my feelings and I'm extremely happy with my choice of S/C and performance.

I know there will be those that will have all sorts of suggestions, so bring it on. But you need to know that I am not gunning for the fastest MM. There will always be faster and slower ones. I honestly believe that I've got exactly what I've always wanted and could probably not have ordered any of those mods listed above. Since I've paid for the first two now and I've always wanted custom rims/tires since the beginning, I think I will be finished modding my ride.

Last week I joined the Black Hawk County Street Machines club, who has been around for 30+ years. I've hung with them for years but never at an official level before. Now I'm ready to enter the slower pace of regional car shows and create a driver/winner I can sit and show off. If I want to occasionally take it to the track and lay down a strong 12, then I know I can!

I'll continue to update my timeslip (Now #15) as I get faster, but just know that is -not- my goal from now on.

Greg and Mike, you should be proud of the kit you've produced! I owe it all to you two! (and the sale of my John Deere..)

Cheers!

John

SergntMac
06-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Bravo, John, I'm glad you're so delighted.

RoyLPita
06-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Keep us posted on your progress.

Smokie
06-04-2005, 12:05 PM
John, I think that your car is very impressive, and it is obvious that traction problems kept you from a much lower ET, I am very impressed with your acceleration in the second 1/8 mile, you went from 78 mph to 108 mph. A +30 mph increase in the second 1/8 is pretty cool....keep up the good work....and keep it between the white lines. :bows:

torinodan
06-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Way to go!!:burnout: Some great numbers. I did't get you read your entire post because I got distracted by what your avatar was doing:shake: , but at least I got to the good parts. Nice run.

duhtroll
06-04-2005, 12:27 PM
I was gonna post on this a while back but didn't want to steal John's thunder. WTF John did you just get out of bed or something? :)

As the court-appointed videographer for the evening (and where the heck is the link to your website with the videos already?) I believe were it not for the having to let off 400 feet down the track (when the MM and ProCharger powerbands link up apparently) I bet he has a 12.5 or better car there. Maybe 11s with the NOS.

Lots of folks were interested in this family sedan that was doing low 13s and high 12s all night. The kit just looks damn pretty.

It does exactly what I would want in a SC. It doesn't really smoke them off the line, but it really kicks about 4K. The off the line smoking I am sure could be done with custom tune, but I'm a believer that there is such a thing as too much torque down low for street driving. (neither of us are building a track whore and we aren't going to be driving around with 17 PSI all the time) There is only so much traction to be had on street tires, hence John saying the next step is something bigger and stickier back there.

Now if I could just solve the giveaway whistle this would be the perfect kit for a sleeper MM.

Anyway, last night was lots of fun. John got dusted by a Hyundai, Ford Astro, Dodge full-size van, Taurus wagon, Chevy Cavalier, and more who thought they were racing us but just got confused by the normal exhaust sound.

I would not have been as patient and would have sent a couple of those (at least) home crying.

-A

TooManyFords
06-04-2005, 05:01 PM
I was gonna post on this a while back but didn't want to steal John's thunder. WTF John did you just get out of bed or something? :)I was trying to get my damm scanner working! <hahaha!> Thought I was going to have to post the slip in crayon or something!

As the court-appointed videographer for the evening (and where the heck is the link to your website with the videos already?) I believe were it not for the having to let off 400 feet down the track (when the MM and ProCharger powerbands link up apparently) I bet he has a 12.5 or better car there. Maybe 11s with the NOS.With a library of videos now to post, I worked on my website today to make it easier to view them. The actual page is not there but here is a link to the fast run of the night (http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/cfr/2005/060305/img/pict1374.mov). Here is what happens when I tried to lightly load the converter at the line to about 1500rpm (http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/cfr/2005/060305/img/pict1375.mov)...

Anyway, last night was lots of fun. John got dusted by a Hyundai, Ford Astro, Dodge full-size van, Taurus wagon, Chevy Cavalier, and more who thought they were racing us but just got confused by the normal exhaust sound.

I would not have been as patient and would have sent a couple of those (at least) home crying.

When you were driving, everything moving was a target! haha! But I tell ya, we just coudn't shake that Hyundai! He wanted a piece of me and all we could do is laugh!!
:lol:

Thanks everyone else, it was truly a learning experience. Like starting all over and re-learning how to run 1320!

Cheers!

John

HwyCruiser
06-04-2005, 10:47 PM
John, thanks for the replay at the track... the videos rock!

Congrats on breaking into the 12's. Greg called me at 9:00 a.m. this morning to break the news. I'd say you can probably believe how much giggling was going on.

:banana2:

I bet you got a little puckered up though on the brake torque pass when the OEM tires shredded and the rearend started to come around on you. Have you cleaned off your rear quarter panels yet?

You'll love the ProCharger / PI Stallion combination. Crazy strong launches and the boost spools up just as the torque converter starts to fade. That with better traction and I'd think you would move heathily up the timeslip ranks.

I'm really interested to see what a whiff of NOS produces as far as IAT and track results. I'm working the mechanical side with an electric fan setup behind the intercooler to help with no / low airflow conditions... just got a goodie box from UPS today.

Way to represent the ProCharger banner!

http://procharger.com/images/racing_logo.jpg

Watch out Cedar Falls, the new Dean of University Ave has arrived!

merc
06-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Glad to see you having fun at the track. Looking forward to more video's :beer:

maraudernkc
06-05-2005, 03:17 PM
John, Congrats on getting into the 12 second club, first time out.

Once you put the PI 3000 stall and wider rims with drag tires on, you will be on your way to some great time slips. Nice reaction times also.

Again, congrats on getting into the 12's the first time out and thanks for putting the trust in our young, new company.

It's amazing that this is our stock kit with a stock chip. You have headers and 4:30 gears. We are only running this to 6000 RPM. You have no stall converter or slicks and still ran a 12.93 first time out.

Enjoy!

Greg

I was trying to get my damm scanner working! <hahaha!> Thought I was going to have to post the slip in crayon or something!

With a library of videos now to post, I worked on my website today to make it easier to view them. The actual page is not there but here is a link to the fast run of the night (http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/cfr/2005/060305/img/pict1374.mov). Here is what happens when I tried to lightly load the converter at the line to about 1500rpm (http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/cfr/2005/060305/img/pict1375.mov)...

When you were driving, everything moving was a target! haha! But I tell ya, we just coudn't shake that Hyundai! He wanted a piece of me and all we could do is laugh!!
:lol:

Thanks everyone else, it was truly a learning experience. Like starting all over and re-learning how to run 1320!

Cheers!

John

maraudernkc
06-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Smokie, good eye on the last part of the 1/8 mile. John picked up 30MPH in that last 1/8 mile. If you look on the time slip page, I don't think anyone is picking up 30 MPH on the last 1/8 mile. When John gets a better jump with his new stall and better traction with slicks it shoud be getting fun.

John, I think that your car is very impressive, and it is obvious that traction problems kept you from a much lower ET, I am very impressed with your acceleration in the second 1/8 mile, you went from 78 mph to 108 mph. A +30 mph increase in the second 1/8 is pretty cool....keep up the good work....and keep it between the white lines. :bows:

MarauderMark
06-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Nice video, nice run , nice sound..NICE!!:up:

MarauderTJA
06-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Ok, it's not an 11 second run, but I did manage to destroy some factory BFG hides and get it into the 12's!

The launch was smooth. I just staged and then punched it from idle. Walked right of the hole and as soon as the ProCharger spooled up the tires screamed for mercy! I'd get 100 feet and then have to get out of it because the rear broke loose, the tranny shifted into second and I could feel the back trying to lead. Not good... No, no, no!

So, for the next three passes I was learning about when I would hit and how to feather the pedal till I reached mid second gear and could get back into it for the rest of the run. Even the 2-3 shift I could feel it squirm but not enough to lift of the pedal.

Three mods are required:

1. I've already ordered the PI Stallion from Greg at FIT. I went with the 3000 stall and will start there.

2. I've ordered the Auburn ECTED Locking posi. I've been looking for an excuse to get one and now I have it.

3. I need to get wider rims and some drag radials or w-i-d-e tires to make up the difference. Still working on the rim and tire choice, but I want to be unique so will probably not widen my factory rims and just sell them to one of you out there when I get new ones. (unless I win the widend rims from MV-III)

I think I'll keep the nitrous on the car and reduce it to about a 20-25 shot (wet) just for the cooling effects on the intake charge and will have TEAM Ford dial that in sometime in July.

It is an absolute blast! After the test-and-tune, Andrew (duhtroll) and I went out looking for rice and I handed the keys to Andrew. I'll let him post his own unbiased review. Really. He can't hurt my feelings and I'm extremely happy with my choice of S/C and performance.

I know there will be those that will have all sorts of suggestions, so bring it on. But you need to know that I am not gunning for the fastest MM. There will always be faster and slower ones. I honestly believe that I've got exactly what I've always wanted and could probably not have ordered any of those mods listed above. Since I've paid for the first two now and I've always wanted custom rims/tires since the beginning, I think I will be finished modding my ride.

Last week I joined the Black Hawk County Street Machines club, who has been around for 30+ years. I've hung with them for years but never at an official level before. Now I'm ready to enter the slower pace of regional car shows and create a driver/winner I can sit and show off. If I want to occasionally take it to the track and lay down a strong 12, then I know I can!

I'll continue to update my timeslip (Now #15) as I get faster, but just know that is -not- my goal from now on.

Greg and Mike, you should be proud of the kit you've produced! I owe it all to you two! (and the sale of my John Deere..)

Cheers!

John

Great times John! Glad to hear that you love your supercharged Marauder. I am personally working to get into the 11's this November at the Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout in Georgia. November cool weather and hopefully great track conditions. Working a rear drag tire combination (yeah MAC we are) and also will be adding 31 spline axles. I recently added a PI Stallion w/3000 speed stall. It really rocks. With a shift kit you will love the gated shifts with only 200 rpm drops other than in o/d. And yes, traction is a major concern with our cars and any supercharged cars. Although we do not make the low end power of a Triology, the Procharger really doesn't waste much time getting to boost as well as shredding the tires. Hopefully my 60 lb injectors and a final "safe horsepower Diablo tune" will occur this week while I am in Dallas, Tx. Lookng forward to it and will post a thread on the results.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Best of luck with your Marauder Procharger ride:beer:

TooManyFords
06-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Great times John! Glad to hear that you love your supercharged Marauder. I am personally working to get into the 11's this November at the Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout in Georgia. November cool weather and hopefully great track conditions. Working a rear drag tire combination (yeah MAC we are) and also will be adding 31 spline axles. I recently added a PI Stallion w/3000 speed stall. It really rocks. With a shift kit you will love the gated shifts with only 200 rpm drops other than in o/d. And yes, traction is a major concern with our cars and any supercharged cars. Although we do not make the low end power of a Triology, the Procharger really doesn't waste much time getting to boost as well as shredding the tires. Hopefully my 60 lb injectors and a final "safe horsepower Diablo tune" will occur this week while I am in Dallas, Tx. Lookng forward to it and will post a thread on the results.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Best of luck with your Marauder Procharger ride:beer:
Thanks Tom!

Keep us all posted with your results and tune. I want to see that dyno graph!

Cheers!

john

TooManyFords
06-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Here is a link to all the other videos of my runs as well as the time and what the run was.

http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/CFR/2005/060305/default.asp

As I get more timeslips scanned, I'll put the links in.

Cheers!

John

sailsmen
06-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Congrats on the 12's! :banana2:

I know the feeling.

I also know the no traction feeling. Driving a car with more
HP than rubber requires a different driving technique. I have relearned how to launch the car and for the most part I know at what times I will and will not have traction.

SergntMac
06-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Bravo, John, I'm glad you're so delighted.
Okay...Wait just one damn minute here. I'm not happy about this post, not very happy at all. It sounds like I'm patting John on the head, and I don't mean to do that.

Since I posted that ^ there, a lot more 411 of his accomplishment has come forward, and I apologize for not absorbing all of that from my first read. It was there, I just didn't get it, K?

Sorry, John. You did very well at the race track, with an excellent illustration of the power of a supercharged Marauder. Please keep at it, better times are ahead. We suffer the same traction shortcomings, and I hope we heal this problem soon.

Three mods are required:
3. I need to get wider rims and some drag radials or w-i-d-e tires to make up the difference. Still working on the rim and tire choice, but I want to be unique so will probably not widen my factory rims and just sell them to one of you out there when I get new ones.

I didn't read all this earlier today, my bad. It was in my head that you already had a Stallion TC and aftermarket tires on board. You do not, and it was my error in misreading this. Nonetheless, you ran a 12.9x on street tires and an OEM TC, and I am speechless on this performance now. Fix these shortcomings and you will see much lower times.

With respect to Auburn's ECTED diff, this would be my choice today. Two years ago, I rebuilt my rear end with the Auburn 28 spline diff, and it's doing very well today, in tolerating 478 RWHP and 434 RWTQ. The ECTED is promising, surely more durable, but it wasn't available when I was researching upgrade parts. I will be jealous once you add this mod...Pr*ck.

I'm really interested to see what a whiff of NOS produces as far as IAT and track results. I'm working the mechanical side with an electric fan setup behind the intercooler to help with no / low airflow conditions...
I like this NOS concept once too. I believe there is an advantage to adding a low level shot of cool juice to the fuel mixture as a cooling agent alone, rather than as the power builder it's meant to be. This may be our next best secret, so, let's shaddup already, K?

I have added fans to external coolers to enhance idle/low speed cooling, and I've come to remove them. I added two 7" Derale fans to my heat exchanger, and one to my secondary trans cooler. All have failed after one season os use, and since then I have learned that fans tend to burn out, or, give up after 24/7 exposure to the elements. I decided against replacing them after just one season. Because of my fan experience, I've come to learn that these fans block real time air circulation from forward movement, which is to say that the benefits shown at idle/low speed, inhibit gains I owned at speed. The presence of the fan blocks maximum air flow, and fans do not "carry their own weight" in overall cooling benefits. Please consider this when experimenting with add-on electric fans?

That said, now my "bravo!" feels like it means something.

I hope you see it this way too.

TooManyFords
06-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks Mac. I took it the same way the first time too. ;)

Now if we can just get everyone to share tune info as freely we can ALL kick some serious *ss on the tracks. (even thought that is not my goal anymore...)

First I want to see everyone volunteer shift patterns and settings. I think this was done about a year ago, but we all know how *fresh* that info is these days. Let me qualify that.. Once shared we need to have our professional tuner of choice dial it in and get paid for the work. I still believe that those who work to develop this info get credit and $$ for their hard work. Treat it like Shareware for our cars. (I made a PILE of money in Shareware back in the DOS days so I know the concept works)

Now, back to your thread helping you spend -your- money on wheels and tires!

John

maraudernkc
06-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Sounds like there are going to be some Marauder wheels for sale. Maybe a couple of sets. :burnout:

HwyCruiser
06-06-2005, 06:04 PM
John, thanks for posting the other videos on your site. Good thing you redeemed yourself with the 12.9 sec run after you let the Cavalier hole-shoot you on the previous 13.1 sec pass. :D

I enjoyed watching your progression on relearning how to launch you blown MM on the track... all except for the 14.2 sec burnout, lol. You'll get your right foot dialed-in. Someone was saying a centrifugal blown MM has no bottom end without a high stall converter? Oh yeah, OEM tires, I forgot. I've got that problem in spades with the PI.

BTW, who's that slim, good-looking guy at the top of your website?

Cheers back atcha!

To continue the sidebar with Mac...

...I have added fans to external coolers to enhance idle/low speed cooling, and I've come to remove them. I added two 7" Derale fans to my heat exchanger, and one to my secondary trans cooler. All have failed after one season os use, and since then I have learned that fans tend to burn out, or, give up after 24/7 exposure to the elements. I decided against replacing them after just one season. Because of my fan experience, I've come to learn that these fans block real time air circulation from forward movement, which is to say that the benefits shown at idle/low speed, inhibit gains I owned at speed. The presence of the fan blocks maximum air flow, and fans do not "carry their own weight" in overall cooling benefits. Please consider this when experimenting with add-on electric fans?
Thanks for the input Mac. We've got different enough animals that fans may yield be different results, no?

I'm looking at three 6" SPAL fans mounted side-by-side on a shroud covering the leaving air side of the intercooler. Should be good for 900 cfm. I've got one in hand for mockup and testing.

One option I'm looking at is to only allow the fan motors to operate from idle up to its effective mph air speed (approx 13-15 mph) and then let it freewheel, although the vendor's tech support recommended that the fan motor be powered anytime the engine is running. I also inquired about exposure to the elements and received a good answer, but who doesn't want to sell their products.

With the Predator datalogger I'll be able to trend what is happening realtime and review it later on the PC. Nothing like empirical data. Win, loose or draw at least I'll learn something the fun way.

TooManyFords
06-06-2005, 06:08 PM
With the Predator datalogger I'll be able to trend what is happening realtime and review it later on the PC. Nothing like empirical data. Win, loose or draw at least I'll learn something the fun way.
Like, will there be, like, um fire involved?

Cause, like, umm , Fire is COOL!

YEah..

Slim good looking guy on the web page....... :D

TooManyFords
06-06-2005, 06:16 PM
John, thanks for posting the other videos on your site. Good thing you redeemed yourself with the 12.9 sec run after you let the Cavalier hole-shoot you on the previous 13.1 sec pass. :D

I enjoyed watching your progression on relearning how to launch you blown MM on the track... all except for the 14.2 sec burnout, lol. You'll get your left foot dialed-in. Someone was saying a centrifugal blown MM has no bottom end without a high stall converter? Oh yeah, OEM tires, I forgot. I've got that problem in spades with the PI.
I'm going to try to rig up a velcro mount for an inside camera so it can capture the fun of going down the track. I think having videos of the good and not-so-good passes helps and is fun to share.

I am still waiting for the N1.0 software for my Nexus gauges so I can graph (and hopefully post) the runs that show where the gauges are through the run. I still need to get tach adapter to hook into the Nexus box and that is on the list of things to order this month too.

Cheers!

John

HwyCruiser
06-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Excerpt from TMF's Road Kill Cafe (http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/kills/default.asp)

"...One guy leans out the passenger window of the van and says, "Take him! Take him out!". I'm laughing now and the kid in the ricer is yelling, "Lets go Dad!"..."

I'll be watching for updates Dad. :laugh:

jwheeler
06-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I can get me a Procharger! :coolman:

Last night TooManyFords and I took to the quiet streets of Waverly in is new beast. John was gracious enough to toss me keys and let me have some fun. We took it out on a back country road to a place I like to call "The Bremer County Quarter Mile!" It took just two runs for me to decide that somehow, and someday soon, I will have to find me a way to get myself one of these polished whistlers. It was a pretty normal launch until around 4K or so, then hold on. When the boost kicks in, it's like lighting the afterburner. We then headed back into town to go hunting! There were no victims to be had. We did however come along a ricer and a group of biker boyz standing by their rides in a parking lot. I couldn't resist, so we drove up and parked next to them. One of the kids said, "What do have under the hood?" I played dumb and stuck my head out the window and said, "Nothing, but it does sound like one of my hoses is leaking!" The kid said, "Whatever!" I had had my fun with them by now so, John and I decided to show them what was under the hood. Most of them were pretty impressed, except for one of them. He just seemed to always have something better in his car. My favorite comment of his had to be, "That's not an intercooler, it's tiny. I got mine off of a Dump Truck!" :lol:
Oh my God, I could hardly contain myself! Well anyway, I had a blast! Thank you John for letting me drive your car. Now, I just have to start planning the bank robbery. I might see what I can get for my soul on Ebay!

What fun these cars are! :burnout:

-J

SergntMac
06-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the input Mac. We've got different enough animals that fans may yield be different results, no?

I'm looking at three 6" SPAL fans mounted side-by-side on a shroud covering the leaving air side of the intercooler. Should be good for 900 cfm. I've got one in hand for mockup and testing.

One option I'm looking at is to only allow the fan motors to operate from idle up to its effective mph air speed (approx 13-15 mph) and then let it freewheel, although the vendor's tech support recommended that the fan motor be powered anytime the engine is running. I also inquired about exposure to the elements and received a good answer, but who doesn't want to sell their products.

I agree, experimental modding is half the fun of ownership, and yes, they are different animals and I can't get a picture in my head for your mounting location. But, I've learned that if the fan blocks the air path through the intercooler (in my case the heat exchanger), there will a point in speed where the fan will not generate enough circulation to remedy that. I think you're better off exploring a CO2 spray that chills the air-to-air intercooler on command. Data logging will tell us what works, and what doesn't, keep me posted on your progress?

BillyGman
06-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Well John, it's all been said, and you know what you have to do (get some real Hi-perf tires...perferably drag radials!!). But then again, you already know that. I'm glad you had a good time at the track.If you think people were falling all over you and your marauder for running high 12's, then wait til you see how they react when you get into the very low 12's!!!! They treat you like your some celebrity (NO JOKE!!!). I didn't realize that you already had the Nitrous oxide injection hooked up. With a 75 shot I imagine that you were at the 500 RWHP mark or more. :eek: Ofcourse with the stock tires, you can't even use it all even on the track with all of that sticky traction compound.

Cobra25
06-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Sounds like your having some fun their.

SergntMac
06-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Well John, it's all been said, and you know what you have to do (get some real Hi-perf tires...perferably drag radials!!). But then again, you already know that. I'm glad you had a good time at the track.If you think people were falling all over you and your marauder for running high 12's, then wait til you see how they react when you get into the very low 12's!!!! They treat you like your some celebrity (NO JOKE!!!). I didn't realize that you already had the Nitrous oxide injection hooked up. With a 75 shot I imagine that you were at the 500 RWHP mark or more. :eek: Ofcourse with the stock tires, you can't even use it all even on the track with all of that sticky traction compound.
You lost me here, Billy, please repeat your message?

BillyGman
06-08-2005, 06:49 PM
You lost me here, Billy, please repeat your message? What's to lose? ....me no like typing lengthy post twice. Perhaps you're trying to read into something that isn't there.

duhtroll
06-08-2005, 06:52 PM
He did not have and does not have nitrous hooked up yet. It is installed but he will not be using it without a retune.

We are hoping for 11s with the nitrous, and I think with bigger shoes it is a distinct possibility.

-A

BillyGman
06-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I think I'll keep the nitrous on the car and reduce it to about a 20-25 shot (wet) just for the cooling effects on the intake charge............ Cheers!

JohnThe above quote from John's post indicates that he DOES have Nitrous. If he doesn't, then why did he say this^???

SergntMac
06-08-2005, 07:55 PM
What's to lose? ....me no like typing lengthy post twice. Perhaps you're trying to read into something that isn't there.
"me no like typing lengthy post twice". Okay "Tonto" I hear ya...Hehehe, what ever...

It's your post, Billy. Your remarks, your commentary, your opinion. If you choose to not clarify your position here when asked, so be it. Your post stands on it's own, as it is.

OTOH...I don't get your point, Billy, maybe many others do not get it as well? But, don't correct, or, clarify anything just because I asked about it, others will figure it out.

TooManyFords
06-08-2005, 09:02 PM
The above quote from John's post indicates that he DOES have Nitrous. If he doesn't, then why did he say this^???
You took that out of context Billy. The complete quote from msg #1 was:

Now, I'm willing to bet that most everyone read into that sentence that 1) the car -had nitrous before the S/C, and 2) that it is not hooked up until TEAM ford can dial it in sometime in July.

Sometimes you have a good head on your shoulders and other times it is like you are just looking to find something wrong with someone elses car or the way the are doing something. Maybe you need to have a "the glass is half full" attitude and relax once and a while! I don't know how I can express this in a "we're still friends" way other than by giving you friendly advice.

Others might not have taken this thread in such a congenial way.

;)

John

BillyGman
06-08-2005, 09:06 PM
MAC,What's not to get? let me type slowly, and clearly....to put it another way....what is it that you don't get? I can copy and paste it for you to read all over again, but what good will that do? Perhaps if you were more specific as to what you didn't understand, I would be able to address whatever your question here is. but so far, I don't really see any question that I can answer. Your post sounds like a set-up for the beginning of a type of useless debate or something. I'd like to think that isn't the case though. so exactly what is your question? (I'll probably be sorry I asked this :rolleyes: ).......

BillyGman
06-08-2005, 09:16 PM
You took that out of context Billy. Okay John. That's all that needed to be said.

Now, I'm willing to bet that most everyone read into that sentence that 1) the car -had nitrous before the S/C, and 2) that it is not hooked up until TEAM ford can dial it in sometime in July. So what difference does it make who took it any way, or not? Do you want to take a poll about that? You obviously didn't make yourself clear to some of us who haven't been following your modifications that closely. So what's the big deal here? Are you above explaining yourself? Talk about being paranoid.

Sometimes you have a good head on your shoulders and other times it is like you are just looking to find something wrong with someone elses carWell then you take me all wrong Johnny boy. If I had anything against you, or your car, I wouldn't be posting in this thread. Lighten up. I think you're the one who should relax a little. Perhaps if I was a fellow procharger customer, you wouldn't have been so defensive about this. So I told you that you need drag radials on your car. so what? Is that what rubbed you the wrong way? Like I stated, you obviously already know that anyway since you eluded to it in your post. You guys talk about supercharger wars being rediculous, but because you get so touchy whenever a Trilogy customer offers some commentary, you help to fuel the fire.

HwyCruiser
06-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Let me throw in my 2 cents here...

I've re-read Billy's first post several times. I didn't find anything wrong with it. The tone is typical Billy, but on the face of it I read that Billy said he was glad TMF had a good time at the track. Reading into it a little further I got the impression that Billy thought TMF's car was capable of low 12's with better tires. I can see how he assumed TMF still had his ZEX kit hooked up, although I knew otherwise.

Maybe this is spill over from what's been said over on the dark side, but Billy started off civil enough here IMO. then started yelling in blue once he got slapped around a few times for it. Maybe I missed something too. :dunno:

Its just too easy for everybody to get their dander up and read into more than what was written. Jeez guys, take a deep breath or take it back over to the dark side.

Billy, welcome to the ProCharger forum. Don't be a stranger.

BillyGman
06-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Let me throw in my 2 cents here...

I've re-read Billy's first post several times. I didn't find anything wrong with it. The tone is typical Billy, but on the face of it I read that Billy said he was glad TMF had a good time at the track. Reading into it a little further I got the impression that Billy thought TMF's car was capable of low 12's with better tires. I can see how he assumed TMF still had his ZEX kit hooked up, although I knew otherwise.

Maybe this is spill over from what's been said over on the dark side, but Billy started off civil enough here IMO. then started yelling in blue once he got slapped around a few times for it. Maybe I missed something too. :dunno:

Its just too easy for everybody to get their dander up and read into more than what was written. Jeez guys, take a deep breath or take it back over to the dark side.

Billy, welcome to the ProCharger forum. Don't be a stranger.Thanks!!! Atleast somebody here understands me. You've read my former posts in this thread clearly as well as my intentions, and w/out reading any imagined things into my words. My intentions were perfectly innocent, and I only was talking cars with you guys. John and I talked cars a little bit, and about his supercharger he bought just a week or two ago in a PM, and we had some very pleasant communications then. So I didn't see any harm in me weighing in here. But apparently somebody else did.:rolleyes: . If John had a roots type supercharger on his car, and I wasn't following his previous mod choices, I would've stated the same thing about his post that I have here, and made the same assumptions. My posts here had absolutely nothing to do w/anything that's been said on another board.Thanks again H-Cruzer for adding some sanity to this thread.... (Oh no!! I'm still writing in BLUE!!! :eek: )..LOL

maraudernkc
06-09-2005, 04:25 AM
Billy, I just want you to know that you are welcome over here anytine and so are any other Trilogy owners. I just ask that we keep it civil and you have.
We all have superchargers on our Marauders and we do have that in commom.

Thanks!!! Atleast somebody here understands me. You've read my former posts in this thread clearly as well as my intentions, and w/out reading any imagined things into my words. My intentions were perfectly innocent, and I only was talking cars with you guys. John and I talked cars a little bit, and about his supercharger he bought just a week or two ago in a PM, and we had some very pleasant communications then. So I didn't see any harm in me weighing in here. But apparently somebody else did.:rolleyes: . If John had a roots type supercharger on his car, and I wasn't following his previous mod choices, I would've stated the same thing about his post that I have here, and made the same assumptions. My posts here had absolutely nothing to do w/anything that's been said on another board.Thanks again H-Cruzer for adding some sanity to this thread.... (Oh no!! I'm still writing in BLUE!!! :eek: )..LOL

SergntMac
06-09-2005, 07:16 AM
I've re-read Billy's first post several times. I didn't find anything wrong with it. The tone is typical Billy, but on the face of it I read that Billy said he was glad TMF had a good time at the track. Reading into it a little further I got the impression that Billy thought TMF's car was capable of low 12's with better tires. I can see how he assumed TMF still had his ZEX kit hooked up, although I knew otherwise. Maybe this is spill over from what's been said over on the dark side, but Billy started off civil enough here IMO. then started yelling in blue once he got slapped around a few times for it. Maybe I missed something too. :dunno:
Its just too easy for everybody to get their dander up and read into more than what was written.
Seems like a "no-win" situation here. If I don't understand something posted, I can a) make a presumption and follow it where it leads me at the risk of being wrong (as you have), or, b) ask the poster/writer to explain it again, so I can extract intended meaning.

You lost me here, Billy, please repeat your message?
Doesn't seem to matter which choice I make, does it? I asked for clarification, and got wise-azzed anyway, so, if Billy got slapped around, he took the first swing, and did his fair share of slapping after that.

Now, again, I don't know what you mean by "spill over from the dark side", but I'm not going to ask. What ever it means to you, it has nothing to do with maintaining base respect for others on this board. Y'all presumed you understood Billy's post and went forward with that. I did not, and paused to ask. Neither choice was very productive. Why?

BillyGman
06-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Billy, I just want you to know that you are welcome over here anytine and so are any other Trilogy owners. I just ask that we keep it civil and you have.
Thanks very much Greg. :up:

prchrman
06-09-2005, 08:25 AM
You super/turbo charged guys all get on my nerves...well maybe it's just because I do not have one to argue about...yeah that's it...if I get one though, watch out because it will have the best bottom end torque, highest end HP, increase engine efficiency by 15.7568%, will increase gas mileage to 31mpg, increase engine and transmission longevity, extend my warranty to 12 years or 200,000 miles, weigh only 22oz., be made of self cleaning polished stainless steel, cost $555.00 with a preprogramed hand held programmer (shipping and fuel pressure and boost gages included) and make blue berry waffles...now top that...willie

MM03MOK
06-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Can't beat the blueberry :pancake:, Willie!! :lovies2:

HwyCruiser
06-09-2005, 09:16 AM
...Why?
Too much of the burnt tire fumes? :dunno: (sorry Billy, I kid).

Smokie
06-09-2005, 09:18 AM
You super/turbo charged guys all get on my nerves...well maybe it's just because I do not have one to argue about...yeah that's it...if I get one though, watch out because it will have the best bottom end torque, highest end HP, increase engine efficiency by 15.7568%, will increase gas mileage to 31mpg, increase engine and transmission longevity, extend my warranty to 12 years or 200,000 miles, weigh only 22oz., be made of self cleaning polished stainless steel, cost $555.00 with a preprogramed hand held programmer (shipping and fuel pressure and boost gages included) and make blue berry waffles...now top that...williewillie, is that one of them self-installing kits? Just pull a string on the box...right?:bows: :banana2: :lol:

BillyGman
06-09-2005, 10:26 AM
willie, is that one of them self-installing kits? Just pull a string on the box...right?:bows: :banana2: :lol:It's the kind that comes in each box of cracker jacks. (BTW, a pretty cool post Willie ;) ).

prchrman
06-09-2005, 11:25 AM
willie, is that one of them self-installing kits? Just pull a string on the box...right?:bows: :banana2: :lol:

Smoke...actually that is the greatest thing about the kit...with the hood up on the MM and the shipping box within 10' of the car within a 280 degree radi of the very front of the car, just pull the string (head back from over top of box) and the kit will jump into the correct position...gages are remotely operated, no lines to connect so they can be attached to the dash with a good brand of duct tape (matching light or dark flint of course)...draw back to this kit, have to raise hood to operate waffle maker...willie