PDA

View Full Version : New Model Production / Delivery Estimates

WJSOLOMON
08-25-2002, 01:47 PM
Logan - Do your sources still indicate that Production / Delivery of the "New" Models with Traction-Lock as Standard, Moon Roof, Heated Seats, Lighter Seat Panels, and Pearl Blue Paint can still be relied upon NLT the last quarter of this year, inspite of the "Down Time" for Thanksgiving and Christmas? (Is Thanksgiving celebrated in Ontario?)

My Dealer people keep telling me not to hold my breath for a Pre-Christmas Delivery. Hope that you're right, and these folks are a bit misinformend.

Logan
08-25-2002, 03:25 PM
Right, new units will include traction control and heated seats standard, with moonroof, light slate interior, and Pearl blue being optional. Thanksgiving in Canada is in late November.

I still maintain they'll be here mid-late October.

WJSOLOMON
08-25-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Logan:"Right, new units will include traction control and heated seats standard, with moonroof, light slate interior, and Pearl blue being optional. Thanksgiving in Canada is in late November. I still maintain they'll be here mid-late October."

Logan - My concerns are that if it took over Two months from the time that My Order was recieved at the Plant (4-25-02) and my Delivery Date (7-9-02). As of last weekend when I talked to Dennis Reinhart when he was in town, both my Dealer, and his are still saying that they are not yet able to accept Orders for these "New" Ones. If the Order for the "New" Ones are accepted in mid-September, and it still takes Two Months for Delivery, the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays could slow things down a bit.

In an earlier Post herein, did I not read that the Assembly Line for our Cars was currently running slow, due to slow sales of the Grand Marquis?

I plan on driving the "New" One to Florida around the 18th of December, and I sure don't want to chance bad weather in the trip down and back, without the extra protection of Traction Control.

I hope that your information is better than mine!

:confused: :cool: