PDA

View Full Version : MM "sandwiched"

Marauderman
03-04-2003, 06:06 PM
MM In Crash --Sandwiched- -Hit Front and Rear

Marauderman's MM sustained major damage at 4:30PM EST -today--
While on a two lane road stopped behind a landscaping truck spraying green layer material on a construction field, a trash truck rounds curve speeding and cannot stop in time and hits me in my MM and pushed me into the landscaping truck--sprayer man using terret gun sprayer on rear top of truck is practicall blown off rear truck onto me however holds on and saves himself without falling off truck---MY MM 's rear is pushed up half way to the back window -right over the half-way mark of the rear bumber---jusy over the gas tank....front sustaines great damage from the ICC bar which pushed the right front in and upward..riping right front tire and buckleing roof a little from the "sandwich" effect. I have a sore neck and will see doctor tomorrow...seat belt worked fine--air bag did not deploy--told by L/M body shop mgr due to angle of hit..says was luckey in didn't go off--could have been more serious for me....

I'm REAL SAD AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME-----mY MM IS AT THE DEALER -- probably $ 12- 15k amount damage--my estimate----will know later of course-will have my insurance look at it tomorrow--just paid insurance bill last fri for 6 more mos.----

Sorry for rattling---just in one awful mood------MM "sandwiched" in rear-front crash----

LincMercLover
03-04-2003, 06:10 PM
Damn... ANOTHER one. Sorry man! My symapthy for you...

By the extent of damage that you're talking, sounds like the whole car would be totaled out (buckeling roof).

Billatpro
03-04-2003, 06:11 PM
My god, my deepest sympathy to you, glad you were not hurt bad, hope they total the MM for you so you can get a new one!

dok
03-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Tom

So sorry to hear of this. The most important thing is that no one was seriously hurt. Hopefully your black beauty will be as good as new soon.

Marauderman
03-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks all of you---My MM family's comment helps the sore neck---thanks again---I hope they do total it--but my luck --they won't --will have to see...

RCSignals
03-04-2003, 06:25 PM
Very sad indeed. A testament to the strength of the platform though. It would seem to have protected you well

I hope you get a NEW one out of this!

RCSignals
03-04-2003, 06:25 PM
BTW, if you will, can you post pictures?

nomad
03-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Tom, so sorry.
Bad news, the lady's hurt.
Good news, you're O.K.
Easier to fix "the lady", take care of YOURSELF first!
Good luck!

FordNut
03-04-2003, 06:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear the news. Good luck on getting it totalled. Hope you can get a great deal on a replacement. Look at the bright side... if you had been in a less substantial vehicle you would have possibly been seriously injured. The MM took care of you.

Marauderman
03-04-2003, 06:34 PM
I will try an get pics if I can later but Dealer said they would start in the morning to pulling off the damaged parts so the insurance rep can "see" what else is needed --so it's not to likely any pic will show the damage your looking for--however the landscaping owner arrived on the scene and I remember himg taking pictures--believe it was a digital too--will try and reach him tomorrow for copies....man I feel like .....you know.... yeah the car held up great --took a hell'va hit and protected me very well--am proud of this very much----

CRUZTAKER
03-04-2003, 06:34 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Rest, take care, and start looking for a replacement. God rest her soul.

WolfeBros
03-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Damn........I hate to hear this too. Glad you are ok . Thats the main thing. But I know you are hurting for your lady as well. Hang in there man. Hope they can total it and start you over in a new one.:depress:

Patrick
03-04-2003, 06:53 PM
Sorry :( :( . Atleast your HERE to tell us about!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Did they have another MM on the lot that maybe you could use? I hope they total her out, that much damage I dont think she would ever be right. I hope everthing checks out with the doc!! Take care, Patrick

Marauderman
03-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Thanks again "family"--your comments really do help help ...and I was planning so much more to do with her.....will it ever be the same if she comes back ...made over.....man I feel terrable--like my best dog got run over but worse......sorry--but it helps to keep the fingers moving on the keys-----she only had 2,886 miles on her too.....

Marauderman
03-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Dealer only has two- a black and a blue--blue is new--black as DOK can attest--has over 2,00 miles on it ( he test drove it)===wouldn't want that one for that reason alone----and black is preferred--but will most like get the repaired model back......

Marauderman
03-04-2003, 07:10 PM
AM I sad---I just went out to the garage to get a beer--shes not there----people---it's a very sad feeling you do not want to experience----am just glad am alive--could have been killed as others have said....am just stillin shock over the wjole event--like a bad dream----now the weeks of crap ahead to get this all resolved--all cause some a**holes
drive a large truck like a car.....

Beadhead
03-04-2003, 07:11 PM
M-Man: please do NOT sign any releases! A "sore" neck can have more permanent symptoms well after the fact. On a more positive note, looks like you're in for a new MM!! Glad no one was more seriously hurt.

jgc61sr2002
03-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Tom - Sorry about the accident. Glad that you were not injured seriously. Remember the MM can be fixed or replaced. Thinking of you. John

Directedby
03-04-2003, 07:25 PM
YIKES!

Glad you are OK.

dok
03-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Tom

Don't how often they update their inventory, but the Mercury website says that Sam Johnson on Independence has 4 black ones in stock. I saw one of them when I was there last week.

Cooper
03-04-2003, 07:48 PM
What terrible news! I hate to hear about beautiful cars being smashed up. Very glad you were not hurt worse than you were. Thank God you were able to walk away from this and live to drive another day. I hope you don't take too big a hit on the insurance settlement. Very, very sorry to hear this sad news Tom. -Cooper

MAD-3R
03-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Glad your ok.

Hope it's totaled out for you. It will never track or handle the same again if repaired. Have to "recover some of your stuff" from it, like the center caps, the disc holder (if intact), front floor mats.

Patrick
03-04-2003, 08:01 PM
It is sad, But getting thru the shock of an accident is tough enough. And when its a MM it will make it harder. But you will get a new one (I hope) and you get all your plans ready and make MM what make it what you want or what ever plans where!! I just got mine back today after getting the brakes fixed. The mark VIII I traded in was great! But this car is AWSOME!!! What ever Mercury does with this car, who nos but they created a special following, a BOND between owners!! And Logan has set up a home for us!!!:D :D Rambling again sorry!! I dont have to go to far for my beer. I cant wait for your first post. I GOT MY RAUDER BACK!!!!!!!!!! I will share in your enjoymant!!!!!!!!! Hang in their. Just glad your here to talk about it!!!!!!! Patrick

UncleLar
03-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Do NOT sign any releases or make any settlements for your sore neck! In 1982 a guy rear-ended me,my neck was sore as he!! ,I went to the ER,they did X-Rays and put a brace on me,2 days later saw a supposed top notch guy in neck injury field who said I didn't have any permanent damage and I'd be fine.For reasons I won't go into now I settled quickly. To this day I still suffer severe neckaches and headaches.I can't sleep on my left side without waking up sore as heck,I have to take 5 asprin as soon as I feel a neckache coming on or I'll have it for weeks.There was one day I took over 30 Anacin in less than 24 hours(stupidly) and still couldn't shake the pain. These started 6 months after the accident,AFTER I'd settled. See good doctors,don't hesitate to get a second or even a third opinion,make sure any injuries are resolved before you make any settlements,DON'T count on your insurance to look out for your best interests,they won't. If you have any injury problems find out who the best personal injury attorney is in your area and speak to him/her and follow all their advice. I hope you'll be well. I'm sorry to hear about your car,but it probably gave its "life" to save yours,exactly as it was designed to,and it,unlike you,can be replaced.

TAF
03-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Tom,

I'm on vacation this week...thought I'd see what's going on here....
this is the LAST thing I wanted to see. First, and foremost is I hope you are alright. Sounds like you are physically...I know emotionally it's tough. I feel for you! First as a fellow Marauder owner, but most importantly because I know you.

Nothing can be said to make you feel any better right now, but I want you to know my thoughts are with you. VERY sorry to hear this!

Your friend,

jefferson-mo
03-04-2003, 08:33 PM
We're all behind ya brother....from east to west

Don't forget to take care of #1:up:

see ya 'round:beer:

sandman
03-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Marauderman,
I am very sorry for your loss, but I am glad you are all right. Remember take care of yourself and sign nothing till you are 110% sure of it. I know the feeling of a wrecked loved one and it hurts, sure hope they total it for you.

take care and good luck.
Russ

Fourth Horseman
03-04-2003, 09:20 PM
marauderman, just wanted to add my note of sorrow and best wishes to what others have said. :(

Sorry to hear about your Marauder, but I'm glad it performed well in protecting you. Keep us posted on how things turn out!

Marauderman
03-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks again to each and everone--I really really appreciate your words, especialy those I've been fortunate to meet--you know who, of encouragement at my time of lost( and sore neck) ...truthfuly, since I don't usually get in a goood transition of speady tread talk with alot of you because alot of you are so quick to type and say what I would,,,well. I'm surprised with such a following of appreciation all have shown for my situation....actually...that;s why I turned to you all tonight---I needed your support--and you came in bundles--so thank you so very much--yeah--its' gonna be a hard road to hold reading about all you may be doing on whatever to your cars while I look at an empty garage--but hopefull in several months I'll have it filled again with another 'Bad To The BONE" MM......and I just got music by LML too...BOO...HOO!!!

RCSignals
03-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Also remember, about your sore neck, that you'll begin to tolerate the pain, getting used to it and think that maybe you are better, when in fact you may may well not be. That's when people slip up and start doing things they shouldn't, and some PI hired by an Insurance company will be snapping pictures.

martyo
03-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Thinking of you and pulling for you here in New York!!!

Marauderman
03-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Thanks RC-

Thats why I'm going to a Dr. in am tomorow--to start a record of my neck sorness..just in case..you know-=-Mr. Cases son--Justin....cause you never know----whose is watching--

Marauderman
03-04-2003, 10:15 PM
I just want to say --if I had the money----really had money and it wasn't an issue----one of the things I would do is pay for everyone who has shown such appreciation for everyone on this .net to come and meet with all expenses paid==including days away from work to make up the loss--if money wasn't an issue----it's in my thoughts for all of you==you all are such good friends ..and yet only a few of us have had the good fortune to meet each other---what a great union that would be--- all of us together- Thanks all for your kind words--honestly--I really needed them tonight--BUCKLE UP TIGHT and thanks again and again for your uplifting messages----you have no idea how well they help me looking at them over and over... THANKS - Tom

Mad1
03-04-2003, 10:53 PM
MarauderMan,

I feel your pain. I'm glad it wasn't more serious too.

Mad1

grzellmer
03-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Marauderman

Glad to hear your safe and sound.

Sorry about your MM.

She lived fast, but died well.

JamesHecker
03-05-2003, 12:24 AM
So sorry about what happened! Glad you are well enough to visit here and receive all of our well wishes to you!

Unfortunatley, you are likely to feel worse over the next few days. I hope you recover quickly and fully!

Matt Johnson
03-05-2003, 02:07 AM
Wishing both of you a speedy recovery.

prchrman
03-05-2003, 04:59 AM
Glad it was no worse for you and I will pray for your neck pain..hate you even had the wreck..God bless..

mad man
03-05-2003, 05:27 AM
very sorry to here the bad news hope everthing works out for you:(

RoyLPita
03-05-2003, 05:52 AM
To Marauderman:
Get well soon, please. Judging by the damage you have described on your MM, it will take alot to make this one right again. Just for the sake of argument, if the latter is chosen (total loss), would you choose another 300A or a 300B?

Brian (real name)

Mark McQuaide
03-05-2003, 06:55 AM
Hey Marauderman, we're thinking of you here and waiting for your first post with pics of the new 'Rauder. You don't want that one anymore. Good luck with the Dr. too.

SergntMac
03-05-2003, 07:15 AM
I hope this doesn't get misunderstood...

As much as I love my MM, I remember that it's just a car. It can break, get wrecked, stolen, or I could blow it up myself with all my craziness. I don't keep anything personal in the car, 'cept a hidded 100 bucks, so I can walk away when I have to, and get her towed out of harm's way.

I know what you're saying about the empty garage, Marauder Man, I would feel likewise if it were me. But, she protected you, and you're here to tell us about how she did that, rather than us just looking at pics of another wrecked MM, like those two kids a few weeks ago.

I wince with caution, when every once in a while, someone here drops in to report his 140MPH 3rd gear performance, and I am reminded of how passionate we can get about the MM, passionate to the point where someone gets hurt.

You're here, you're going to be okay, and I'm very happy about that.

Now, go get a silver MM with a blower, you've earned that. Make us all really hate you with jealousy.

jefferson-mo
03-05-2003, 08:25 AM
:bows:

O's Fan Rich
03-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Sorry to here about your car, what a helpless feeling. I am certainly happy to here of your safe exodus from the incident. Get better.
The car can be repaired if needed, but I'm with you, I hope they decide to get you a new one. Best wishes from the Long family.

RF Overlord
03-05-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Now, go get a silver MM with a blower, you've earned that. Make us all really hate you with jealousy.

^^^what he said^^^

...and make it a ragtop while you're at it! :D

drobin
03-05-2003, 10:49 AM
Tom,
Sucks like a big dog! What a Bummer, but sure glad your OK. Sounds like you could use some hot boiled crawfish and an unlimited supply of Beer from down south in New Orleans. Take Care and don't forget to see your Doctor ASAP.

Donald

Bigdogjim
03-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Marauderman: I am at a loss for words. Main thing is your health. The MM can be repaired or replaced. We all feel part of your pain and loss. As the days past things will fall into place. You will start to mend. the MM will be repaired or replaced. Let us know if we can help in any way.
God bless
Big Dog

tomd
03-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Your first name Tom? If your name is Tom, then all other Tom's should be on the lookout for stupid drivers cuz they are aiming for us!

Should guys named Tom own Marauder's?

So sorry :bigcry: to hear about your car, been there and still there, it’s NOT been fun. I hope for your sake she’s totaled and you can get a brand new one.
Mine had 2,000 miles on it and had her 2 months when she got hit, that was back in August 2002! I should be getting her back hopefully end of next week! She been in and out of two different body shops, I have my fingers crossed she’s put back together right this time. For my car totaled it would have had to cost around $24,000 (80%) to get her fixed, so far it has cost about $15,000 to $17,000.

If your car is not totaled, make sure you keep track of everyone and everything that has to do with fixing her.

If only the the driver would of looked left. :flamer: :lol: :uzi:

vaderv
03-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Man, Im real sorry to hear this....

Black Badger
03-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Man that suck’s glad to hear you made it out oK
Thing’s will work themselves out

What color are you getting silver or blue?

BeaSStMaster
03-05-2003, 03:06 PM
:po:

Boy, I'm so sorry to hear about your MM but, along with everyone else on this forum, I'm happy to hear that you're OK. People who ask me why I'd want to drive such a big car don't get it. Along with the style, statement and power, there's the safety of a few thousand pounds of North American steel surrounding you in the event of a crash. If you had been in a lesser car, we might be hearing a much sadder story here!

By the way you describe the damage, I'd be very surprised if they didn't total the car since there's most likely frame damage as well. Hey, maybe your purchase of a replacement MM will be seen as a spike in sales by FMC and they'll extend the model beyond 2004!

:beer:

tomd
03-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by BeaSStMaster
:po:

By the way you describe the damage, I'd be very surprised if they didn't total the car since there's most likely frame damage as well. Hey, maybe your purchase of a replacement MM will be seen as a spike in sales by FMC and they'll extend the model beyond 2004!

:beer:

There is no frame on these cars, at least that what I've been told by 2 body shops.

LincMercLover
03-06-2003, 08:36 AM
It has a frame...

MMpridenjoy
03-06-2003, 08:46 AM
You are OK! That is most important. My heart breaks for your ride.

BigMerc
03-06-2003, 08:46 AM
hurts to look at the pictures even.

LincMercLover
03-06-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm going to go on ahead and close this tread down and leave the other thread up for further comments on mm's accident.