PDA

View Full Version : Another Team Ford question from the Newb

Wires
06-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Sorry to bother everyone, but just a quick question.

I keep hearing about the "factory" alignment specifications, and how they differ from the "correct" specifications.

I recently had my car aligned at Team Ford, but I didn't know to ask about it.

Do they know about the "correct specs?" Should I be concerned?

martyo
06-08-2005, 01:51 PM

I keep hearing about the "factory" alignment specifications, and how they differ from the "correct" specifications.

Who at Team did the alignment?

67435animal
06-08-2005, 01:54 PM

If Jeff did the alignment, you're set. If not, go back and have him redo the alignment for you. We can get you hooked up to the Marauder team in Team Ford (assuming you mean the Marietta GA dealership).

martyo
06-08-2005, 01:58 PM
If Jeff did the alignment, you're set.

That's what I was driving at! Jeff is the master chasis dude! :beatnik:

67435animal
06-08-2005, 02:09 PM
That's what I was driving at! Jeff is the master chasis dude! :beatnik:

I know. I'm direct, not a diplomat like you!

CRUZTAKER
06-08-2005, 02:40 PM
That's a good question actually....

I had my first alignment in early 2004, back when we ALL complained of unusual, but similar front tire wear.

I ended up going to a custom shop that ground up builds race cars. Not directly for the alignment, but for other mods that required this adjustment. Needless to say, I was concerned from all that I had read about dealer horror stories.

There were no specs at the time. He just did it. :confused:

I am pleased to say that at 28k miles, my front tires look as if they were new.

My summary:

If a top knotch chasis builder/repairer does it, your odds are good.
From what I understand (never been there-but wish it was closer), the folks down there at team ford take pride in their accuracy, quality, and detail in the work they perform.

Odds are in YOUR favor there. ;)

Marauderman
06-08-2005, 04:32 PM
There is a piece that needs to be knocked off the front under chassie when doing the first alighnment--"frdwrnch" from our Carolina Marauders Club knows all about it---he has an MM and is a Serv. Mgr at a L/M ----saw it done to mine---thats why mine wasn't correct until then------hey --frdwrnch--tell all about it--or PM him --he can explain it better....

TAF
06-08-2005, 05:12 PM
If Jeff did the alignment, you're set.Yep............

Smokie
06-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Some numbers, sometimes knowing the numbers helps.

CAMBER is the key, toe counts...but camber is the key.

The specified FACTORY range goes from +0.1* to -1.5* CAMBER. ok?

The problem is that you could be at -1.5* on both sides and the aligment guy would give you the thumbs up and tell you is all good. Your tires are crap and he is not lying to you.

Carfixer set my camber at - 0.4* it stopped my front tires from self-destructing and my car still handles very well at high speed lane changes on the Interstate.

Moral of the story, you could be within factory specs and still ruin your tires.:D

Wires
06-10-2005, 04:41 AM
Thanks for all the info.

I hope there's either only one Jeff, or you are all speaking (well, typing) of Jeff Harris.

martyo
06-10-2005, 05:13 AM
Thanks for all the info.

I hope there's either only one Jeff, or you are all speaking (well, typing) of Jeff Harris.

Yep, it's Jeff Harris a/k/a Shankin.

Wires
06-10-2005, 05:40 AM
Looks like I'm all set.

Thanks, again, everyone.

DMcLaughlin
07-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Jeff is da best....just don't expect him to return your phone call or answer his phone. Best with cars....worst with phones! LMAO!!!!!!!! :)