PDA

View Full Version : Xcal2?

QWK SVT
06-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Lidio,

Is this in stock, yet? If not, how would one go about getting on the waiting list, for when you do get them in?

Lidio
06-09-2005, 04:26 AM
Lidio,

Is this in stock, yet? If not, how would one go about getting on the waiting list, for when you do get them in?

I will have my first five in stock next week on Monday if all goes well with shipping.

Give me a PM or call Tuesday and we'll go from there.

Thanks

oldekid
06-09-2005, 04:49 AM
I will have my first five in stock next week on Monday if all goes well with shipping.

ThanksLidio,
I got your tuner (Xcalibrator) the other day and installed it in just a few minutes. So far I'm not getting into the mid 11's in the 1/4 like I thought I would. . . what's up with that? :baaa: .

Seriously, I feel like I'm driving a totally different car. I really love the new shift points. I just couldn't wait for the Xcal2, because I'm dying for some new gears.

Anyhow, I do love that little box, and can't wait to re-flash for the 4:10's.

QWK SVT
06-09-2005, 05:51 PM

Thanks
I first heard of the XCal2's development months ago, and knew it'd be worth the wait. I've waited this long for it, a little longer won't hurt... Too much... ;)

BK_GrandMarquis
06-09-2005, 07:16 PM
I first heard of the XCal2's development months ago, and knew it'd be worth the wait. I've waited this long for it, a little longer won't hurt... Too much... ;)

Well, it's killing ME!!!!!! :banghead: :bigcry: :lol: :loco:

Lidio
06-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Lidio,
I got your tuner (Xcalibrator) the other day and installed it in just a few minutes. So far I'm not getting into the mid 11's in the 1/4 like I thought I would. . . what's up with that? :baaa: .

HHMMMMMM.....???????? Not sure, it should have easily gone 11's right away with just the tune. Was there a head wind? or maybe did you not remove the spare? Not sure.... :)

Merc-O-matic
06-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Lidio,

Seriously, I feel like I'm driving a totally different car. I really love the new shift points. I just couldn't wait for the Xcal2, because I'm dying for some new gears.

Anyhow, I do love that little box, and can't wait to re-flash for the 4:10's.

Oldekid....you forgot to fold in your outside rear-view mirrors! Hi Hi

Gotta Love It! :rasta:

BK_GrandMarquis
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Ordered mine today!!! :woohoo:

oldekid
06-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Oldekid....you forgot to fold in your outside rear-view mirrors! Hi Hi

Gotta Love It! :rasta:Oh sure, now you tell me Al. :banana:

Skiordie53
06-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Oh sure, now you tell me Al. :banana:whats the difference between the xcal and xcal2

Lidio
06-14-2005, 08:15 PM
whats the difference between the xcal and xcal2

The Xcal-2 is more then just a simple flasher for Ford EEC's. The Xcal-2 can pull trouble codes and eventually show some real time data on its own screen. It can also be conected to a PC with SCT's Live Link software and watch + record several real time sensors and data. It will also be able to make small changes to a tune right from the Xcal unit with its its own display and buttons.

We are starting to sell them (Xcal-2's) this week for the MM's for $399.00 and the Xcal-1 will drop to $375 and is going to drop lower in a couple of weeks. I think the Xcal-1 is still a great flasher thats going to become very afordable soon for the guys who arent interested in self tuning or trouble codes, just flash it and forget it.

Thanks

BK_GrandMarquis
06-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Got mine today!!!:banana2: Now it's time to play. Don't know what I'm gonna do with the datalogging but we'll see. Gotta find out how to do this without blowing up the car. :eek: :D

I like the way it feels under 65. When it shifts to 70 mph, it's like a mule kicked me in the pants. Man does this thing move. I wouldn't think I would get that much kick. Below 70 it's civilized though.

The first time I flashed it, I thought I was actually gonna blow it away. I really think they should reword the process. When it is pulling the program off of the computer, it says uploading. Then it says it's erasing. Then when it's pushing the program back, it says it's downloading. I would think that it should be worded the other way. When you are putting the stock program onto the tuner, it should say downloading and when it puts the new program back, it should say uploading. All in all, it went well. It took about 2 minutes total, to download and upload the programs. I haven't gotten around to datalogging but that should be interesting.

MENINBLK
07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
I really think they should reword the process.
When it is pulling the program off of the computer, it says uploading.
Then it says it's erasing.
Then when it's pushing the program back, it says it's downloading.
I would think that it should be worded the other way.

The wording is in relationship to the PCM and the Xcalibrator 2.
Everything happens on the Vehicle's computer,
so you have to look at it from that point of view.

The Xcal2 requests to copy the Stock programming from the PCM.
Your PCM Uploads its Stock programming to the Xcal2.
Your Xcal2 saves this in the Factory slot.
Then the Xcal2 erases the NVRAM in the PCM.
Then the PCM requests programming and the Xcal2 downloads
your choice of tune programming to the PCM.
The PCM Saves this in its NVRAM and then its ready to go.

BK_GrandMarquis
07-08-2005, 04:51 PM
The wording is in relationship to the PCM and the Xcalibrator 2.
Everything happens on the Vehicle's computer,
so you have to look at it from that point of view.

The Xcal2 requests to copy the Stock programming from the PCM.
Your PCM Uploads its Stock programming to the Xcal2.
Your Xcal2 saves this in the Factory slot.
Then the Xcal2 erases the NVRAM in the PCM.
Then the PCM requests programming and the Xcal2 downloads
your choice of tune programming to the PCM.
The PCM Saves this in its NVRAM and then its ready to go.

I understand the point of view the words are coming from. What I am saying is, if I am looking at the tuner/device, it should say what the tuner/device is doing, not what is being done on the receiving end. If the car had a display, I would expect those words to come from that display.