PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Help???

Turbo Ernie
06-09-2005, 02:07 PM
I need a cat back kit for this car asap! I want a Bassani kit but I can't seem to find one on the net, do they make such an animal? Any other kit suggestion I need to consider do to having my dyno date in less than a week. Please anything except kooks. Leave a link if possible. Thanks in advance, Ernie.

cyclone03
06-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Ernie I not trying to start anything here,ok.

You have the PTK kit correct?
Are you looking to change the Cats,pipes and mufflers and run the stock tail pipes?

The PTK kit bolts(correct?) to the stock H-pipe and is set up to run the stock system.

NOBODY has a KIT to replace the stock cats from the manifolds back.
You know ,I'm sure,how the KOOKS set-up runs.
Dennis' Cobra Manifold set-up uses different H-pipe flanges.

So I think the best thing to do would be pick-up a good set of 3" after market cats,whatever mufflers you like and find a GREAT exhaust system fabricater and build your own.

I'm sure you know Turbos like NO back pressure after the turbo.

The problem is finding a muffler shop that will do what you want.
All I can do wish you luck.

MarauderMark
06-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I need a cat back kit for this car asap! I want a Bassani kit but I can't seem to find one on the net, do they make such an animal? Any other kit suggestion I need to consider do to having my dyno date in less than a week. Please anything except kooks. Leave a link if possible. Thanks in advance, Ernie.

How about asking TAF ?

SergntMac
06-09-2005, 07:04 PM
You have the PTK kit correct? Are you looking to change the Cats,pipes and mufflers and run the stock tail pipes? The PTK kit bolts(correct?) to the stock H-pipe and is set up to run the stock system. NOBODY has a KIT to replace the stock cats from the manifolds back.

You know, I'm sure how the KOOKS set-up runs. Dennis' Cobra Manifold set-up uses different H-pipe flanges. So, I think the best thing to do would be pick-up a good set of 3" after market cats,whatever mufflers you like and find a GREAT exhaust system fabricator, and build your own. I'm sure you know Turbos like NO back pressure after the turbo. The problem is finding a muffler shop that will do what you want. All I can do wish you luck.
I agree with Lance. Considering that this is a "first" turbo driven system among us, the hunt for an exhaust stem among us, is new territory too.

I'm sorry, Ernie, we don't know an answer for what you ask of us. You're the first to have to deal with this, advice from our ranks will be of little value. Still, contacting TAF at Grand Muffler in Marietta GA., or Al Noe at Stainless Works in Ohio, may be helpful.

Turbo Ernie
06-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Ernie I not trying to start anything here,ok.

You have the PTK kit correct?
Are you looking to change the Cats,pipes and mufflers and run the stock tail pipes?

The PTK kit bolts(correct?) to the stock H-pipe and is set up to run the stock system.

NOBODY has a KIT to replace the stock cats from the manifolds back.
You know ,I'm sure,how the KOOKS set-up runs.
Dennis' Cobra Manifold set-up uses different H-pipe flanges.

So I think the best thing to do would be pick-up a good set of 3" after market cats,whatever mufflers you like and find a GREAT exhaust system fabricater and build your own.

I'm sure you know Turbos like NO back pressure after the turbo.

The problem is finding a muffler shop that will do what you want.
All I can do wish you luck. Thanks fro the info, I figured I would have a big problem with trying to find a kit when I looked for an hour and found nothing. I am going to take your advise and go and find a plase that bends up stainless, now I just have to find a muffler that works well and sounds good with a turbo... BTW, the turbo kit does eliminate the factory cats.

Turbo Ernie
06-10-2005, 09:19 AM
I agree with Lance. Considering that this is a "first" turbo driven system among us, the hunt for an exhaust stem among us, is new territory too.

I'm sorry, Ernie, we don't know an answer for what you ask of us. You're the first to have to deal with this, advice from our ranks will be of little value. Still, contacting TAF at Grand Muffler in Marietta GA., or Al Noe at Stainless Works in Ohio, may be helpful. I wuold check those places out but I am in a chrunch for time. I want to get exhaust on the car before Wednesday that is dyno day. I think their is a place in New Lenox that does stailnless on race car applications. I need to try them.

David Morton
06-23-2005, 03:30 AM
Well I'm late as usual but in case you haven't done it yet I'd say ask the guys at PTK what they think. Changing the exhaust may dramatically change the output of the turbo and I'll bet the tune they have for the kit is designed to work with the pipe set-up it came with.

More isn't always better. This "more" just might be the straw that breaks the camels rod! ...'er uh back! ...connecting rod!

You know whatmean. :o