PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing the ZEX Kit with the ProCharger

TooManyFords
06-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Finished tapping and installing the ZEX Wet Nitrous fogger in the elbow before the throttle body.

Take a peek:

http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/carshows/061105-NewHampton/img/dsc02391.jpg

And why is today so important?

Because I entered it into the 8th Annual New Hampton Car Show and won 1st place for the 66 & New Fords Class!

http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/carshows/061105-NewHampton/img/dsc02386.jpg

WHOOHOO! I've got a ton of pictures to get posted on the website tonight so be patient.

Cheers!

John

Bradley G
06-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Congrats John!, Way to represent!:snare: :congrats:

Bradley G

MERCDADDY
06-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Sweet! :beer:

Dennis Reinhart
06-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Looks good what is your RWHP now and what size shot are you planning on using?

martyo
06-11-2005, 08:30 PM
John: I tapped my kit the same way. Be careful around that fitting because it will get "tender" wit too much movement and could pull out. Trust me, I know. :(

TooManyFords
06-12-2005, 05:08 AM
Looks good what is your RWHP now and what size shot are you planning on using?
Currently it is as 475 RWHP but I'm going to do down (up?) in pulley size to lower it a bit. I called ZEX and they said for a 25 spray to use a 21 n2o jet and a 17 fuel jet. For a 35 spray use a 26 n2o jet and a 19 fuel jet.

I'd like to put the 25 spray jets in and dyno it by sneaking up slowly to 6000 , with wideband A/F monitoring and see what happens. I know my bottom end is fragile so I don't want to go much over 475 with the n2o (thus the pulley change to keep my numbers up with it).

If the motor lets go, I'll do like everyone else and build another with a beefier bottom!

Cheers!

John

TooManyFords
06-12-2005, 05:14 AM
John: I tapped my kit the same way. Be careful around that fitting because it will get "tender" wit too much movement and could pull out. Trust me, I know. :(
When my brother and I drilled it, it was like butta' and tapping it was way too easy. I here ya brother! I used a little pipe sealer on the threads to help it stay in there.

This car show stuff is the bees knees! I had people drooling over it and kids coming up saying things like "man, that's faster than [insert friends name] [insert friends car]! Can I hear it run?" So every once and a while I'd get my asp out of the chair and turn the key to let her idle for a minute with the cutouts open. Oh yeah... Saves a bunch on gas having to go look for them on the street. haha!

Now I gotta work on a fancy purge like LK has (but different).

Cheers!

John

Smokie
06-12-2005, 05:43 AM
When my brother and I drilled it, it was like butta' and tapping it was way too easy. I here ya brother! I used a little pipe sealer on the threads to help it stay in there.

This car show stuff is the bees knees! I had people drooling over it and kids coming up saying things like "man, that's faster than [insert friends name] [insert friends car]! Can I hear it run?" So every once and a while I'd get my asp out of the chair and turn the key to let her idle for a minute with the cutouts open. Oh yeah... Saves a bunch on gas having to go look for them on the street. haha!

Now I gotta work on a fancy purge like LK has (but different).

Cheers!

John

Cogratulations, it looks great !!! A suggestion in regards to Marty's warning. Perhaps you can make a retainer that goes around nozzle and attaches to that nice and sturdy stainless steel clamp right next to it. :D

martyo
06-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Cogratulations, it looks great !!! A suggestion in regards to Marty's warning. Perhaps you can make a retainer that goes around nozzle and attaches to that nice and sturdy stainless steel clamp right next to it. :D

I am adopting the K.I.S.S. principal here. I will be welding a nut or threaded insert to the intake tube. Then, I will run the jets through that.

Bradley G
06-12-2005, 06:19 AM
Is the inlet part, not long enough to screw a keep nut, to the inside?
Am I going to have a similar issue with the JLT tube?(PVC)
Bradley G

martyo
06-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Is the inlet part, not long enough to screw a keep nut, to the inside?

I don't want restrictions on the inside of the tube.

Bradley G
06-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Does that mean there are enough threads, to turn a nut on the jet nozzle?

Seems like a small $ to pay, to ensure the jet does not malfunction either by falling out or not spraying the proper direction.
Bradley G

I don't want restrictions on the inside of the tube.

maraudernkc
06-12-2005, 11:27 AM
John, congrats on your first palce finish. I had a feeling you were going to get it and you did.

HwyCruiser
06-12-2005, 11:47 AM
...I entered it into the 8th Annual New Hampton Car Show and won 1st place for the 66 & New Fords Class!

Congrats on the 1st place John! :party1: :trophy1:

Way to represent! You've got a very clean Marauder with a pretty cool gauge setup. The Procharger kit sure do look good too, esp. with the polished blower and the splash of Signal Voilet you put on it. :up:

Good thinking about going to a bigger pulley (3.70 @ 9 psi?) with the N20. No need to tempt fate more than you already are. Sounds like you've got other mods to chase after (tc, tires / wheels, LSD, axles, etc.) before you can really put a built motor with double-digit boost to good use anyway. :burnout: