PDA

View Full Version : Wrap Up --Carolina Marauders 1st Dyno /Tune Meet

Marauderman
06-11-2005, 06:05 PM
WOW!! What a fun day--Aside form the traffic problems (no thanks NCDOT) from closing a major interstate ramp to the shop without posting nor telling anyone--which BTW cause a few to be late and a little lost--we all had fun ....

I want to extend my sincere thanks from all of us to Ralph Maya who sponsored us today and feeding us those great grill items----for those who missed it--Ralph got burnt on his right inside arm and eyebrows when he raised the grill top on initial check of the "fire" conditions---needless to say he got a suprise --so we further extend our thanks for takening the heat for us on that one--and take care with that arm .....we believe he will as his eyes are much sharper now.......( sorry--couldn't help it)

And to add to the excitement, a traffice accident right out in front of the shop with the cars sliding almost into the fence surrounding the shop......

Even though alot of members couldn't make our 1st dyno, we still had Butch and Proudcop(John), from Greensboro, both over 100 mile trip, and fastblackmerc (Jim) from Cary -who drove 180 miles one way --shoulda had an extra meal award for that effort!! .. Agent M79 (Dave), local member , myself, and a suprise new member who is transferring from Texas to live just outside limits of Charlotte, Russell Pryor , AKA on the board as 03MMCORPUS ....so we are excite to gain another mew member and meet Russell. ( hope I didn't miss anyone)

OK...Well Butch got on board with an anxiously awaited dyno and was excited with the results , especialy since it yielded more to come cause of a small glitch--I will let him explain--but his numbers afterwards will be right up there.. and of course Butch's license plate got plenty of comments...

Jim ( fastblackmerc) got his dyno as well and also has some great results--I will let them both speak of their findings and future plans with them....

Due to time constraints and problems already mentioned , Proundcop wasn't able to get his dyno done in time to get on the road back to G'boro--but we'll have another dyno day ...so not to worry--

The main emphasis was to have fun and meet and see some MM gets some power results---and get aquainted with CPRACING staff and their offerrings--I think everyone feels a bit more aware now of another source for us to turn to for our needs locally--we have been needing this for a long time.

Ralph told me afterwards that he was happy to have us there and would enjoy it again some day and to call anytime for assistance or if you have questions-- if you can't reach him --try me--I go by the shop every day on the way home---- ok --thats my wrap up---
(thanks goodness--who said that!) :lol:

SergntMac
06-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Bravo, Tom! Nice job!

I've been to a lot of "dyno daze", and I've hosted a few of my own as well. They never go perfect, easy, or, smooth, but they do go. Once it's all said and done, hopefully everyone involved enjoyed the day and have a few stories to tell. Next time, it will all go easier, smoother, and faster. Seems you did the best you could, and it's smiles all around. Congrats, my friend.

Marauderman
06-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Bravo, Tom! Nice job!

I've been to a lot of "dyno daze", and I've hosted a few of my own as well. They never go perfect, easy, or, smooth, but they do go. Once it's all said and done, hopefully everyone involved enjoyed the day and have a few stories to tell. Next time, it will all go easier, smoother, and faster. Seems you did the best you could, and it's smiles all around. Congrats, my friend.
Thanks Mac--I appreciate it..Tom

Agent M79
06-11-2005, 09:41 PM
The drive there let me get caught on my music collection while sitting in the parking lot known as I-77 South.

I did arrive, however, just in time for some of Ralph's singed-arm-hair and eyebrow burgers and dogs. So long as I had food, the vicious shop dog, Rocky, stayed nearby ready to wolf down stray morsels.

It's good to know there is a place close by that can help the Marauder crew get some things done. Ralph is a great guy and seems to like the Marauders as additional flavor to an already full plate. It was one of the few places I've seen around here that cater to both traditional American muscle type as well as the import crowd. The Saleen Mustang was cool and so was the twin-turbo 350Z.

Looking forward to next month. See you guys then.

SC Cheesehead
06-12-2005, 08:24 AM
The drive there let me get caught on my music collection while sitting in the parking lot known as I-77 South.

I did arrive, however, just in time for some of Ralph's singed-arm-hair and eyebrow burgers and dogs. So long as I had food, the vicious shop dog, Rocky, stayed nearby ready to wolf down stray morsels.

It's good to know there is a place close by that can help the Marauder crew get some things done. Ralph is a great guy and seems to like the Marauders as additional flavor to an already full plate. It was one of the few places I've seen around here that cater to both traditional American muscle type as well as the import crowd. The Saleen Mustang was cool and so was the twin-turbo 350Z.

Looking forward to next month. See you guys then.Wish I could have made it, oh well, will plan on next month.

Anybody get pics, and if so, will they be posted for those poor unfortuantes such as myself that coulnd't attend?

Welcome to 03MMCORPUS as well.

SCCH

Butch
06-12-2005, 06:24 PM
OK...Well Butch got on board with an anxiously awaited dyno and was excited with the results , especialy since it yielded more to come cause of a small glitch--I will let him explain--but his numbers afterwards will be right up there.. and of course Butch's license plate got plenty of comments...
I won't go into great detail here, except to say that I can't wait to get my MM back to CP Racing to "finish" my tune. We ran into a few snags and wasn't able to do a tune like I wanted.

We put the MM on the dyno anyway to get a baseline and I was fairly pleased with my numbers, but I knew that the car has MUCH MUCH more in it, as long as I get rid of some of that supercharger "safe tune" that the car is currently running on. For the baseline dyno run, it was WAY in the safe area. That will be fixed very soon.....

I'm not going to say much about what my plans are, but if you were at the shop early morning, you have a pretty good general idea of what I am getting ready to do. I'll have my crap better organized the next time....

Here is a link to some pics and a movie....
http://home.triad.rr.com/butch/5-11-05/

Marauderman
06-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Great pics Butch--after looking at mine--they where about the same--Glad you were able to post--good work--Tom

.......and oh by the way--(BTW) ..there is one who knows what your plans are (I think) and I love it--think it is right up there....!! cool man!! waiting for the results as much as you are!!!!!!!!!!!

Proudcop
06-13-2005, 03:34 AM
Great to see everyone again! Even though I didnt get to put the MM on the Dyno is was still worth trip to see everyone!!! The trip home was definitly quicker thanks to DOT.

JCB:beer:

Proudcop
06-22-2005, 10:31 AM
So where is everyone, did you everybody go into hibernation????????????? I said a while back that Im looking for a used Jeep but am now looking for a used Ford F-150 or Toyota Tacoma, max $5,000. If anyone know of a decent one please let me know! Hope everyone is doing ok!!!!!!!!

Butch
06-22-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm still here....Just passing time, waiting for my next trip to CP Racing to finish up some "business".

Any word on your backup lights?

So where is everyone, did you everybody go into hibernation????????????? I said a while back that Im looking for a used Jeep but am now looking for a used Ford F-150 or Toyota Tacoma, max $5,000. If anyone know of a decent one please let me know! Hope everyone is doing ok!!!!!!!!

Proudcop
06-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Yep, they actually called today to let me know they haven't forgotten about me. Sounds like a bunch of:censor: but they said they will have my parts soon. Seems as if alll the part numbers got mixed up. im not sweatin it!

frdwrnch
07-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Proudcop, I have a nice F 150. Check your pm for details. Maybe you could check it out at the cookout next Saturday?