PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta March Breakfast Meeting and Car Show info

03 Merc
03-05-2003, 02:06 PM
It's Sunrise Sampler Time! The Atlanta area monthly get together is scheduled for Saturday, March 15th, at 0800. As usual we are meeting at the Cracker Barrel located at Delk Road and I-75 in Marietta.

All are invited, (including the SS Guys, George are you going to make it again?), to join us for breakfast.. If you need more information or directions please contact either toddalanfisher, wlbandy, or myself...

This is a monthly recurring event that is scheduled for the 3rd Saturday of every month... So if you can't make this one add it to your calender..

Saturday afternoon is the first 2003 Po'boys Car Show in Canton! Some months they have over 600 cars show up so it's a good one. I think the SS crew, GASSIT, intends to show so maybe we can meet up with them.. I'll be there in my 72 LTD convertible..:cool:

ssfugitive
03-10-2003, 08:26 AM
I should be there for breakfast.

I do not think the GASSIT guys will be there or at the show, but I could be wrong, not speaking for them...no talk about it anyway. They are talking about a Zaino wax thing in prep for Daytona on that same day. I have some baseball commitments that afternoon for one of my boys but may try to get up to Canton if time permits.

Anybody been or thought about going over to Thunder Road in Dawsonville?

TAF
03-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Just wanted to keep this in the New Topics for anyone that can come.

Can't go to Canton, but I'm trying to get down to the Auto Show this week at the World Congress Center...

ssfugitive
03-11-2003, 03:03 PM
i saw one of your blue marauders saturday...

MAD-3R
03-11-2003, 03:11 PM
So, how did it look from behind :lol:

ssfugitive
03-11-2003, 08:15 PM
hi mad-3r, i could really go to town on this one....ha ha ha just trying to get along and all here...ha ha ha

It was in it's natural state...parked. ha ha ha This being the first chevy I have owned I wish it was the otherway around...i miss my old merc cyclone...

Anyway it had just came in they said and needed a wash job...the color really did not excite me all that much. Not sure what some others take on it is. The red SS did not do much for me either. I am curious to see the other colors out there. I had alot more hopes for the blue.

But I still live by the first line...you can have it in any color you want as long as it is black.

George

TAF
03-11-2003, 08:21 PM
You going to make it this Sat.? You won't be the only "bow tie" now that Wayne has the new "red-racer" which he promised me on the phone today that he's bringing to show me/us...I wonder if test-drives will be available?

Accufab Racing
03-12-2003, 06:46 AM
Just a reminder for you Atlanta MM owners. Fun Ford Weekend is coming to Atlanta Dragway (Commerce, GA) next month on April 11, 12, 13. Maybe we can get together and have some fun. We will have our Marauder powered Cougar in competition (Worlds fastest Marauder powered race car). Let me know if you have any questions. For more info on the event, tune into www.funfordevents.com

ssfugitive
03-12-2003, 04:54 PM
I know Todd and was just slinging some of my own smack around.

I will be there this Saturday...and not the only invader I see from other mailings too. Trading the Merc in already? I have traded cars fast before even a couple i really was not ready to. Wish I would have held on to that Judge a little while longer.

The family area is really reduced now though...no more family car trips...ha ha ha. I used that line when getting my toy...'it is a family car you know honey'. ha ha

Hope you like it Wayne and look forward to seeing it and everybody Saturday morning.

George
Not feeling so outnumbered now...

TAF
03-13-2003, 05:55 PM
just wanted to "fresh'n it up" as a reminder...weather forecast...Rain...Low of 52...High of 52....(how exactly does that work)

but, the "Uncle Herschals" is callin my name!!!

CRUZTAKER
03-13-2003, 05:58 PM
Your LOW of 52, is my HIGH of 52!

THAT'S how it works!!! :lol:

ssfugitive
03-23-2003, 07:41 AM
I have tried contacting the SS couple directly that got their wheel redone for info on the shop but no luck yet. Will keep trying.
George

Black Terror
03-23-2003, 11:15 AM
but would like to get damaged one repaired, if possible.