PDA

View Full Version : Marauderman's MM Pics (Now with all pics!)

Marauderman
03-05-2003, 05:03 PM
Wounded Pics

I have pics on hard drive---how do I get them posted into the photo gallery for all to see? Help!!

gja
03-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Why would you want to post THOSE ????:depress:
Just to make us cry???:bigcry:

LincMercLover
03-05-2003, 06:24 PM
If you have someplace to host them, you'll need to upload them there. If not, you can upload them to the picture gallery and await approval...

How many you have? If you want you can e-mail them to me and I'll host them and get 'em up real quick.

CRUZTAKER
03-05-2003, 06:27 PM
You can upload pictures by going to the Photo Gallery and picking a category. Then click the upload button.

:)

I guess I could'nt type fast enough...LML beat me to the punch!

Marauderman
03-05-2003, 07:12 PM
LML-

Check your e-mail-- three mails ==pic each my pics are too large -size wise

Let me know

CRUZTAKER
03-05-2003, 09:00 PM
The first one....

CRUZTAKER
03-05-2003, 09:02 PM
The second one.....

MARAUDERMAN: Send one shot of the vehicle rear end to me.
--------------------------------------------cruztaker@msn.com

LincMercLover
03-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Well, CRUZ beat me to the punch... But mm's going to be sending me a CD with ALL the shots by next week. I'll dedicate a full page to this and post the link to that site here ASAP.

Reaper948
03-05-2003, 10:17 PM
poor, poor girl :(

screamdennis
03-06-2003, 03:01 AM
thats a bummer !!!!!! i always worry about the idots who like to tailgate,

martyo
03-06-2003, 03:07 AM
I am devastated after seeing a fellow member's car damaged like that.....

MMpridenjoy
03-06-2003, 08:43 AM
This just breaks my heart!!!

tomd
03-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Bet you’re having sleepless nights thinking about her, I did! I wait 2 years for this car to come out, and then this happens 2 months after I pick her up!

If the insurance company says your car is totaled they are only going to give you what she’s worth on the used market. That going to cost you another $5,000 to $8,000 to pick up a new one! :censor: insurance companies!

How’s your back and neck??? ;) You may have up to 3 years to claim an injury from your accident.

Good Luck to You Tom

Marauderman
03-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Once again- Thanks to everyone for your kind and thoughful and sometimes funny words----it is very very pleasing to receive and read your well intentions----much better than receiveing cards in the mail......

As LML has mentioned- already in the mail to him are more pics for him to handle accordingly--
There was a truck parked behind the MM where it sits for the pics, so it was a bit difficult to get "good" rear pics--BUT you will get the message when you see them!!!!

Our cars will take a good hit and has far as I'm concerned, will give you the best odds of protection than whats on the road for the fun we have and preformance we get out of it--can't be beat!!!

Like someone has said here already--that is one of the many reasons I too wanted her as well...

So thank you all for being there for me--it has really really helped my moral--you ALL are very up lifting for the wounded soul....Thanks

vaderv
03-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Damn dude... I'm feelin so bad about what happened to you. I hope the total it for ya.

O's Fan Rich
03-06-2003, 01:46 PM
That's just like the kind of nightmares I have over this car. Dang shame.

Fourth Horseman
03-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Indeed, Rich. I feel ill just looking at them. :(

Hemlock
03-06-2003, 03:53 PM
REALLY BAD LUCK .

tomd
03-06-2003, 04:24 PM
What causes my sleepless nights :bigcry: :cry:

tomd
03-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Am still waiting for it to be fixed right. That's why I hope you can get a brand new one Tom.

Beadhead
03-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Just a reminder -- this is a good reason to buy replacement cost insurance if your insurer offers it. That, way, you are protected from a BIG depreciation hit for the 1st 3 years of your baby's life. Well worth it, IMHO.

SergntMac
03-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Beadhead
Just a reminder -- this is a good reason to buy replacement cost insurance if your insurer offers it. That, way, you are protected from a BIG depreciation hit for the 1st 3 years of your baby's life. Well worth it, IMHO.

Ya know...This is real good advice. I've got insurance riders on other stuff important to me, to cover replacement costs in case of a loss. I'm not sure if it can be applied to a motor vehicle here in Illinois, but it's surely worth a telephone call to my agent. A few extra bucks a month, could help you replace your MM a lot easier. Since we here have been walking the depreciation streets step by step for a few months now, we have a heads up on what a "blue book" value may be on our Ladys. I'll call my SF agent in the AM, let y'all know what he says.

Good post, Beadhead, and great idea. Thanks!

RCSignals
03-06-2003, 08:43 PM
tomd
in the other thread you said your Body Shop told you your Marauder doesn't have a frame. If it were me I'd find another body shop :eek:

Mad1
03-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Yeah. I'd have that body shop guy's head examined.
After my little fender bender ... they had to straighten the frame. Plus replace the axle, two rims, body panels. (Stop me, I'm getting woozy just thinking about it all over again.)

:cry:

WolfeBros
03-06-2003, 11:34 PM
I believe that the Panther platform is the last of the body on frame cars that FMC makes. I know someone will correct me if I am wrong.;)

tomd
03-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Mad1
Yeah. I'd have that body shop guy's head examined.
After my little fender bender ... they had to straighten the frame. Plus replace the axle, two rims, body panels. (Stop me, I'm getting woozy just thinking about it all over again.)

:cry:

Mad1

So hows your Marauder doing after the fender bender?

SergntMac

If the "SF" stands for State Farm, that's also my insurance company, they where nice enough to recommend the first body shop of :censor: .
I had NO idea who to use, I haven’t needed the services of a body shop for over 20 years, so I took their advice!
:po::po: :lol: :nono:

Crown Vic
03-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Ouch...what happened? I hope no one wa sinjured...
Poor girl. Makes me sad. :(

MAD-3R
03-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Well? What did the Adjuster say?

tomd
03-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by MAD-3R
Well? What did the Adjuster say?

This body shop is so well trusted by State Farm the Adjuster never saw the car, from what I've heard SF adjusters can't even go into this body shop! It wasn't until after I got the car back that anyone from state farm saw the car.
It now been at the 2nd body shop for 2 months fixing the mistakes from the 1st! :po: :po: :po: :po:

PS. no one was hurt in this Accident.

MAD-3R
03-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Oh, ok.

Now, I want to hear what Marauderman's adjuster had to say?

Diocles
03-07-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm always a bit leery of the "insurance company's body shop."

tomd
03-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Diocles
I'm always a bit leery of the "insurance company's body shop."

But they don't own the shop? I learn a hard leason here, hope it doesn't happen to the other Tom or anyone else.

jgc61sr2002
03-07-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by WolfeBros
I believe that the Panther platform is the last of the body on frame cars that FMC makes. I know someone will correct me if I am wrong.;) Wolfe - you are correct . The panther platform is the only full size U.S. car with a full perimeter frame. The Chev. Caprice and Impala was last produced in 1996. John:up:

tomd
03-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
Wolfe - you are correct . The panther platform is the only full size U.S. car with a full perimeter frame. The Chev. Caprice and Impala was last produced in 1996. John:up:

Ok?

Can you explain what this means, "full perimeter frame" I have no idea? Thanks.

Sign
Stupid:confused:

JohnnyB
03-07-2003, 06:40 PM
Sorry to see that happen to your MM. Glad you're OK.. hope you get a new one

jgc61sr2002
03-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by tomd
Ok?

Can you explain what this means, "full perimeter frame" I have no idea? Thanks.

Sign
Stupid:confused: The body is mounted on a steel frame which runs the length and width of the vehicle. All American cars manufactured today (other than the panther platform) are Unibody construction ( no full length frame ). As a matter of fact the 2003 MM's frame is more ridgid than the prior GM and CV. John

tomd
03-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Thanks for that explanation!

If my frame was bend in my accident, can it be straight correctly?
I do appreciate all the help I’ve gotten so far, As you can tell I don’t know that much about cars, Thanks :bows:

BigMerc
03-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Hey, make sure when they put parts back on your car you specifically state I want ONLY Ford parts, or else they will give you "equal quality replacement parts" (which never are) I learned that from my first Super Coupe, they put parts on that were ill fitting and not the same quality.

jgc61sr2002
03-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Thanks for that explanation!

If my frame was bend in my accident, can it be straight correctly?
I do appreciate all the help I’ve gotten so far, As you can tell I don’t know that much about cars, Thanks :bows: I most cases it can. If it cant its probably a total. Many body shops don't have the proper equipment so they will send the car to a shop who specializes in frame straitining. The machine is quite expensive and it can get the frame back to specification. John

LincMercLover
03-10-2003, 09:55 PM
I recieved mm's pics today, cleaned 'em up a bit, and threw this together in, oh... about 45mins time. Not bad for dial-up! ANYWAY, here's the link:

Look at your own discretion... (http://hometown.aol.com/kprrpk/mmaccident.html)

Can't really say enjoy, cause this isn't a thing to be enjoying... But I figure it's good for some sort of educational purpose to the physics and structure of our cars.

Once again, my sympathies MM!:bigcry: :cry: :depress: :shake:

TAF
03-11-2003, 06:28 AM
:help: :depress: :cry:

martyo
03-11-2003, 06:33 AM
Mauraderman: Now I am sick. Thank god you walked away!! This is a true testimony to how safe the car really is.

Mad1
03-11-2003, 07:10 AM
Mad1

So hows your Marauder doing after the fender bender?

Ah. I've had her back for about two weeks now. Drives straight, looks nice, paint matches, etc. I spent Saturday (first day over 60 degrees in last two weeks) going over it with a fine tooth comb, washing it and putting on my Bob Whites. (Chrome Reflective looks spectacular ... and really matches nicely with the exhaust tips.)

So far, the only problem I've noticed [while cleaning] was that they didn't replace the stock valve stems on the two new rims. They should be chromed caps like the originals on the undamaged side, not black like bicycle stems.
(I've already put a call into the dealer's body shop to get that done right.)

Thanks for asking.
Mad1

tomd
03-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Mad1

So far, the only problem I've noticed [while cleaning] was that they didn't replace the stock valve stems on the two new rims. They should be chromed caps like the originals on the undamaged side, not black like bicycle stems.
(I've already put a call into the dealer's body shop to get that done right.)

Thanks for asking.
Mad1 [/B]

Then did the same thing with my one tire! Are these chrome stems hard to come by? :lol: The 1st body shop never did replaced the stem and when I took it back the second time I told them to make it a chrome, then didn’t! I'll see if the 2nd body shop gets the chrome stem on the tire.

MAD-3R
03-11-2003, 08:52 AM
If that isn't totaled out, then it's parked in the right spot :bs:

tomd
03-11-2003, 09:12 AM
I was wondering what the BS on the black top stood for. :coolman:

<marquee><font color=blue>Hope they total it and you get a new Marauder with no money out of pocket.</marquee></font color=blue>

Good Luck:D

jgc61sr2002
03-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Tom - Your MM to some hit. If it was a unibody car it would have been crushed like an accordian. Hope everything works out. John

Beadhead
03-11-2003, 06:11 PM
What a shame. It SHOULD be totaled, with that much damage. Glad to hear you're o.k. Keep us informed, yes?

Marauderman
03-13-2003, 06:52 PM
tomd-

The "B.S." just happen to be the spot where the wrecker guy droped the MM--quite appropriately don't you think--don't know what it was meant for but I do since it was placed there--you guessed it---

Thanks 2002--I hope so as well- will be last of month before more real figures are in--major parts are on order--trying to re-build a NEW MM in the body shop is not my way of having fun....

sailsmen
03-13-2003, 07:50 PM
Looks like the damage is approaching $20K. For the frame work I would find out what kind of Frame Machine they are using and do some research.

I had a car that had some minor damage but to be safe had her put on a frame machine. Odly enough one of the reference points on the car for the frame machine had a small unrelated dent in it and it gave the guy fits trying to make sure everything was lined up.

tomd
03-14-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by marauderman
tomd-

Thanks 2002--I hope so as well- will be last of month before more real figures are in--major parts are on order--trying to re-build a NEW MM in the body shop is not my way of having fun....

Is your Insurance Company saying the Marauder is NOT totaled???

Marauderman
03-14-2003, 05:43 PM
Yes--My Insurance is going to fix and I'm told the total #'s should be available end of the month as to the total cost.

My guess---neighborhood of 15K--

Have seen my baby in the B/Shop undressed--not a site you want to see--

A long process--will keep all informed as it progresses--theres a hint that in the end it will all work out ok --it's the clock on the wall that is so slow----

RCSignals
03-14-2003, 06:33 PM
Think about rushing out and buying one of those $24,200 ones, and maybe you can sell yours when it's repaired

tomd
03-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by marauderman
Yes--My Insurance is going to fix and I'm told the total #'s should be available end of the month as to the total cost.

My guess---neighborhood of 15K--

Have seen my baby in the B/Shop undressed--not a site you want to see--

A long process--will keep all informed as it progresses--theres a hint that in the end it will all work out ok --it's the clock on the wall that is so slow----

They must work cheap out there in N.C.! Mine so far is $11,400 from the 1st body shop and I have far less damage then you have, a lot less damage!
Maybe you should throw it up on a flat bed and tow to Chicago area. Bet if it was here you have $20,000 to $25,000 worth of damage!

Marauderman
03-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Well- 15K was my guess remember---so, it's probably low---but when the real #'s come in--all will know----but for now--having to many W I T H D R A W A L S-- I now know a little of what some of the northern members have felt when unable to use their MMs due to wheather days---except theirs was in their garage---mine in a different garage---Boo Hoo-- probably be ready when the SIlver is out--Hummmmmm

Long Live #3
04-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
If you have someplace to host them, you'll need to upload them there. If not, you can upload them to the picture gallery and await approval...

How many you have? If you want you can e-mail them to me and I'll host them and get 'em up real quick.

Gee LML, sounds familiar doesn't it? :D