PDA

View Full Version : Hey Toss Me the Keys, Jerry

STLR FN
06-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Got to drive Trilogy #2, awesome, awesome car. :bows:

What Jourdan, Mike and Jerry thought was going to be a simple test ride turned into something you just had to witness.

I've riden in Darryl's car and in Trilogy #2 but wanted to feel the characteristics of the car myself. Well boy did I. Jerry was nice enough to give me the keys under Mike's supervision. Pulled out of Trilogy and hit the go peddle, car broke loose and got away from me. :eek: Tried to correct it but couldn't, passed the point of no return. At this time it was save the car from hitting the curb, tree, and building. Managed to do that, but #2 was sideways in the street :shake: decided to just go on albeit a little more restrained.

When I returned, I thought for sure I was going to face this :argue: :uzi: :argh: or this :cheesed: from Jerry. I actually didn't want to return. I felt like a dumbass and still do. Sorry Jerry. As a testiment to Jerry's character he wasn't to pissed, shakened up but otherwise OK. Now if I had wrecked T2, different story.

Jerry THANK YOU for being understanding. You know you have a customer.

Other than that excitement it was nice being able to meet everyone.

Hack Goby
06-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Yep ,Here you are telling your story with everyone laughing there asses off(Except for maybe Jerry) http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1334.JPG

jstevens
06-18-2005, 06:01 PM
STLR FN,

I'm sure your not the only one to have done this. This could've been any one of us as the power of a trilogy is truly amazing.

You are correct, Jerry is a first class guy. As is Renata, Donna, Ben, Brian, Kanako and all the other fine individuals that make trilogy a reality daily.

Your hard work is appreciated. Thanks Jerry for letting me take the F150 S/C'd for a spin. It is awesome having your firm right in our backyard.

John

Smokie
06-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I remember when Jerry tossed me the keys back in Bradenton over a year ago. I was driving very cautiously and he asked me to hit the go pedal, I really could never bring myself to nail it, just didn't want to mess up his car....in Atlanta Todd also allowed me to drive his car and I was driving like a grandma and Todd kept saying "go ahead Javier. is ok to nail it". I feel better if I am the passenger and the owner nails it..... just in case something breaks, I would feel terrible....I guess I'm getting old.:lol:

bigjohn
06-18-2005, 07:20 PM
I'd just like to say what a great time I had, nice to finally meet and put faces to names. Also loved seeing all those supercharged Marauders!

Jerry and crew are great hosts. Jerry, the ride in #2 was awesome! :D

I don't think any of us got STLR FN and #2 going sideways on camera. Attached (I think) is a shot I snapped just before he pulled out. Before the camera could finish writing this pic, #2 was facing the opposite direction and heading for the curb! Nice save though! I think we almost had to get the jumper cables out to restart Jerry though...

bigslim
06-18-2005, 11:01 PM
It was a site to see. I have never seen Jerry move that fast. Glad to see everyone and see everyone have a good time. Thanks to Jerry and all of the staff at Trilogy for opening their business for this event.

Bradley G
06-18-2005, 11:29 PM
I though Jerry ran over to make sure everyone was OK! :D

Thanks for the laughs!

Next Trilogy Open House, Maybe we can have it in the Ford Plant parking lot,

I know a short cut.
Just don't sell Ford security, any Kits!
Jerry, sorry for stalking you with #2, while you were giving the crew a spin in the All New Trilogy powered F-150. All that Power, went to my head :o
Bradley G

blackf0rk
06-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks Jerry for the great time, great food (lunch and dinner) and a great car kit - completely awesome! I'm most appreciative.

I was in the back seat whe STLR FN hit the juice. I thought it was hilarious. I especially liked the look in the lady's face that was next to us at the light when STLR FN has straightened it out - priceless ;)

I got some good photos of the meet here

http://community.webshots.com/album/373325761GXEiOZ

MikesMerc
06-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Wow...what a day!

I was the lucky guy in the passenger seat next to STLR FN as the car spun around at WOT exiting the parking lot. But, you know, it just had to be fate. For I beleive that my highly honed skill in supervision technique saved the day! Jerry had asked me to go along with STLR FN and "keep an eye on things," and I wasn't gonna let him down!

So, as the Trilogy 2 car was spinning out of control at full throttle, and a 180 degree panoramic view of the street, Trilogy building, and a few trees passed before my eyes, I knew it was time for action. Ignoring the pain of my finger tips embedded in the dashboard and door panel, just at the right moment, right on que, my perfectly timed utterance of "OH MY GOD!!" assisted STLR FN in knowing just precisely when to get off the gas pedal. Had I not been there with my timely commentary, mayhem might have ensued:D

Anyway, another great event! It was a blast seeing everyone!

Thanks for a good time to all the folks at Trilogy!

(**Note to self - next time bring an extra set of underwear for supervision duty).

STLR FN
06-19-2005, 10:48 AM
So where's Jerry when we need his perspective? :burnout:

Mike,

You uttered those words???? 'Cause I sure in the hell don't remember. Then again everything was a blur. Pun intended.

Hack Goby
06-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Yes Mike that was highlite #1 No.2 was Kanaco jumping in Jerry`s new Trilogy powered F-150 Ford pickup and smoking them real good for everyone.Little woman with a big foot. :burnout:

MikesMerc
06-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Mike,

You uttered those words???? 'Cause I sure in the hell don't remember.

LOL...actually I'm not sure! Frozen in terror and succumbed by the vision of my life flashig before my eyes, I'm not even sure I had time to eek out a single sylable:D I will say this though, I sure as hell thought I was saying OH MY GOD! :lol:

BillyGman
06-19-2005, 11:37 AM
LOL.....something tells me that Jerry will have drag radials put on his #2 car before he throws someone else the keys again.Either that, or a big sign stenciled on the dashboard intructing would-be drivers not to go full throttle around turns unless there's a lot of room. :D

STLR FN
06-19-2005, 11:58 AM
LOL.....something tells me that Jerry will have drag radials put on his #2 car before he throws someone else the keys again.Either that, or a big sign stenciled on the dashboard intructing would-be drivers not to go full throttle around turns unless there's a lot of room. :D
:lol:

I thought Jerry had drag radials on the back?

blackf0rk
06-19-2005, 01:49 PM
He has drags on btoh vehicles. No tire stands in the way of the almight fury of Trilogy :P

BillyGman
06-19-2005, 03:37 PM
:lol:

I thought Jerry had drag radials on the back?Oh, I thought he only had the drag radials on the #1 car. It must have been that you went full throttle while still in a turn. That can cause some very wild fishtailing with a S/Ced car. I remember when I was 14 years old, my brother and I always had to hit full throttle around turns with my parents' 6 cylinder cars, because that's the only way that we could leave any rubber with them at all w/out using oil on the tires. Which is also the case with a factory stock Marauder. But not so with a S/Ced Marauder.

Donna
06-19-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't think any of us got STLR FN and #2 going sideways on camera. Attached (I think) is a shot I snapped just before he pulled out. Before the camera could finish writing this pic, #2 was facing the opposite direction and heading for the curb! Nice save though! I think we almost had to get the jumper cables out to restart Jerry though...Well, I did not get a pic of Trilogy #2 going sideways.....but I do have this pic of Jerry right after it happened. Click on picture to enlarge it.

Donna

Jerry Barnes
06-19-2005, 07:37 PM
O.K. STLR FN,

You made me cr@p my pants!! My heart has just started beating again. I know many times that friends tell me "Jerry are you nuts letting everyone drive your cars?". And until yesterday, I did not have any bad experiences that would cause me to question my judgement. I think that has changed. I am obviously glad that we are all laughing about it today, but if anyone had been hurt, it would have turned our Open House into a much different outcome.

We have crashed cars and no one was hurt. The cars can be repaired or replaced, but people getting hurt is another story. So my advice to everyone is please be careful.

And where was my "Adult Supervision", Mike Z.? I distinctly remember saying, "Mike, go with these guys and make sure they don't do anything crazy". So much for having Mike in the car!!!! And what was that smell from Mike's pants when he returned(ha ha ha). I could handle the smell, it's the flies that annoyed me(ha ha ha).

ADVICE FROM TRILOGY MANAGEMENT :

When driving a Trilogy Supercharged Marauder for the first time and a burn out is desired, please point the car in a straight line before applying large quantities of boost!!! If this advice is not taken, then Trilogy will begin to offer a new aftermarket option : Driver and Passenger Door Windshield Wipers. This will permit driving sideways and still being able to maintain good visability.

And STLR FN, Mike and Slim have generously offered to let you drive either of their cars the next time you want to test drive a Trilogy Supercharged car. And Hack Goby will be assigned as the next Adult Supervision to ride along with you!!!

But seriously, these things happen. I am glad everything turned out O.K. and we can all laugh about it. It was definately burned into my memory banks FOREVER.

Once again, thanks to everyone that attended. See you next year!!

Sincerely,

Jerry

bigslim
06-19-2005, 08:35 PM
O.K. STLR FN,

You made me cr@p my pants!! My heart has just started beating again. I know many times that friends tell me "Jerry are you nuts letting everyone drive your cars?". And until yesterday, I did not have any bad experiences that would cause me to question my judgement. I think that has changed. I am obviously glad that we are all laughing about it today, but if anyone had been hurt, it would have turned our Open House into a much different outcome.

We have crashed cars and no one was hurt. The cars can be repaired or replaced, but people getting hurt is another story. So my advice to everyone is please be careful.

And where was my "Adult Supervision", Mike Z.? I distinctly remember saying, "Mike, go with these guys and make sure they don't do anything crazy". So much for having Mike in the car!!!! And what was that smell from Mike's pants when he returned(ha ha ha). I could handle the smell, it's the flies that annoyed me(ha ha ha).

When driving a Trilogy Supercharged Marauder for the first time and a burn out is desired, please point the car in a straight line before applying large quantities of boost!!! If this advice is not taken, then Trilogy will begin to offer a new aftermarket option : Driver and Passenger Door Windshield Wipers. This will permit driving sideways and still being able to maintain good visability.

And STLR FN, Mike and Slim have generously offered to let you drive either of their cars the next time you want to test drive a Trilogy Supercharged car. And Hack Goby will be assigned as the next Adult Supervision to ride along with you!!!

But seriously, these things happen. I am glad everything turned out O.K. and we can all laugh about it. It was definately burned into my memory banks FOREVER.

Sincerely,

Jerry
I have???? I have seen him drive and "NO WAY" is he getting his hands on my keys.

STLR FN
06-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Jerry, I know I have said this before, I'm truly Sorry. Especially since I have changed you mind in regards to the "test drives" Again Sorry.
O.K. STLR FN,

Sincerely,

Jerry

Jerry Barnes
06-20-2005, 06:48 AM
DJ,

In response to the test drive question, don't worry, I am sure customers will be given the keys for test drives in the future. It will just come with a little more explanation before the keys get handed over.

Good meeting you! Hope to see you soon!

Jerry

Hack Goby
06-20-2005, 07:49 AM
And Hack Goby will be assigned as the next Adult Supervision to ride along with you!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/Odd_Job.JPG (This is what I would do)OK,you have gone one block,Now give ME! the keys. :burnout:

BillyGman
06-20-2005, 08:55 AM
DJ,

In response to the test drive question, don't worry, I am sure customers will be given the keys for test drives in the future. It will just come with a little more explanation before the keys get handed over.

Yeah, I would just tell them not to hit full throttle when coming out of turns or bends in the road unless they want to get into a powerslide, and possibly make contact with mailboxes, telephone poles, as well as other cars.;)

Bradley G
06-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Full throttle?
I drove #1+#2, You better treat the loud pedal, like there is an egg shell between your foot and the pedal, while cornering. Unless you want similar results!
Those cars are scary fast!:eek:
Thanks Jerry!
Bradley G

Yeah, I would just tell them not to hit full throttle when coming out of turns or bends in the road unless they want to get into a powerslide, and possibly make contact with mailboxes, telephone poles, as well as other cars.;)

Donna
06-24-2005, 04:14 AM
possibly make contact with mailboxes.;)
LOL....Hey Billy, I took out a mailbox with an 8 dog sled team and a heavy duty training cart. Does that count for anything :D ????? (well actually, the cart took out part of the mailbox, not the dogs).

Donna

DEW34
06-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Donna is your sled blown with a trilogy maybe yo u need to use the traction control :rofl:
mike

Donna
06-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Donna is your sled blown with a trilogy maybe yo u need to use the traction control :rofl:
mike
:P Nope....smartie, Jerry said no supercharged sled or cart....lol. I noticed the day before the steering bar on the training cart was not handling right and I mentioned it to the person who owned the cart. The next day the steering bar broke just as we were rounding the corner and was heading towards the mailbox (hey I could not steer the cart at this point), so I really had no choice :( but to run into the mailbox and apply the brakes on the cart to slow it down a bit. The lady was very understanding and said it was time to replace the wood post that her mailbox was on anyway. The wood was rotten. The cart and dogs came to a quick stopped and they turned and looked at me like "why did you stop like that?" Needless to say.... I had to walk the team back 1/4 mile from were we started and hooked them up to an ATV to run them. Ok....back to cars :D