PDA

View Full Version : Greeting From Piglet

piglet
03-07-2003, 06:28 AM
Hey all,

I see the sight has really taken on a life of its own since I have been deployed. Our bandwidth is so limited here that it took me over 15 minutes just to login and get to write this message.

All is well out here. We are busy training and planning as you might expect. The temperature is still cool and the food is good. So I really can't complain.

I just received a much need resupply of Copenhagen from home so my morale is really high. I have received many emails and letters from people back home wishing me well. I truly appreciate each and every one of them.

I am looking forward to getting back so I can surf the website without having to take an hour to read a few threads.

I have one question for you all. Are the Silver Marauders out yet and has anyone purchased one? I would like to see a picture of it. I am a Black fan just curious about the new colors.

Well that is all from here. I will check back when I get the opportunity.

MAD-3R
03-07-2003, 07:03 AM
Whoa HUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Getem' Piglet, but be safe!!

no Silver isn't out yet, but a few have been ordered

MMpridenjoy
03-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Smoke em' out for us brother!

dok
03-07-2003, 07:51 AM
I expect to take delivery of my silver MM in mid April. I ordered it February 10.

Stay safe.

LincMercLover
03-07-2003, 07:55 AM
Marauder speed piglet! God bless!

jefferson-mo
03-07-2003, 08:15 AM
No silver ones yet but the Blue ones are out....

those are the RARE ones:lol:

GO GET 'EM FOR US:uzi:

RF Overlord
03-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Glad to know you're OK, bro...we miss you...

BigMerc
03-07-2003, 08:42 AM
We were just talking about you, glad to see you're still with us and watching the site. Do your best to remain safe and know that the persons on this board are concerned for you and will keep you in our prayers. The sacrifices made by the people in our armed services is unsurpassed and we here at home are very thankful for you service.

SergntMac
03-07-2003, 08:46 AM
God bless ya Pig, and your brothers and sisters too. Y'all in our prayers everyday.

KSMM03
03-07-2003, 08:54 AM
:)

Dude, having "been there, done that" during the last little fracas over there, I sympathize and empathize with you. If you nee morale boosting or any kind of care packages, don't hesitate to ask. During my 5 months over there in 1990-91, one friend of mine continually wrote to me and it helps one get through the tough times.

I can say that a lot of folks back here are very supportive of those who go in harms way and are proud of you and all of your brothers and sisters in uniform.

Again, if you need anything, short of your car of course, don't hesitate to ask!!!

Chris

tomd
03-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by piglet
Hey all,

Are the Silver Marauders out yet and has anyone purchased one? I would like to see a picture of it. I am a Black fan just curious about the new colors.

Well that is all from here. I will check back when I get the opportunity.

Hope this works
You be careful over there! We’ll be right here waiting for your return!

WolfeBros
03-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Godspeed Piglet. Thanks for watching out for us.
We are with you and your brothers and sisters in spirit. :bows:

RCSignals
03-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Great to see you checking in ol' boy.

To continue the sentiment, be safe. Keep your head low and your powder dry.

vaderv
03-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Salute piglet. Get home.

vaderv
03-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey piglet how do we send ya some copenhagen and such???

Fourth Horseman
03-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Give 'em hell, Piglet! Great to hear from ya! :up:

MM03MOK
03-07-2003, 12:55 PM
I've hatched a plan for us to Adopt A Marine, maybe even Adopt A Squadron, Piglet's of course!! I was waiting to hear back from Piglet before I announced it on the board, but he's been too busy to respond, understandably.

I thought we could send care packages weekly - maybe from a different region each week, to keep 'em coming. I've asked for suggestions from Piglet on what works and what doesn't. Since some areas are starting to have get-togethers, it'll be easy for everyone to contribute.

I've asked Piglet for his address and am more than happy to help coordinate this. Obviously there will be packaging and shipping charges, but I'm sure we can all handle that.

What better way to support our Troops than to show them we care. Hopefully more details to come. Stay tuned!!

:up:

MAD-3R
03-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Unfortunetly, things can't be sent directly to the troops anymore. It all has to go through the USO.

Safty concerns

jgc61sr2002
03-07-2003, 03:27 PM
Piglet - Good to here from you. All the members of this board are thinking of you in their prayers. Semper Fidelis John:up:

Billatpro
03-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Ad my "families prayers" to all the rest Pig!

"Super Stallion VENI-VIDI-VICI"

We are eternally grateful to those who serve, let non forget!

Smokie
03-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Great to hear from you! We are proud of you and pray for the safe return of all your brothers and sisters in the service of our country. Thank You !!! Hurry back and "keep your head down" :banana2: :beer: :banana2:

martyo
03-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Piglet: Thanks for jkeeping us covered! We are all proud of you. Hurry home, we have lots to tell you about the cars....

P.S. The NY regional group will have a drink in your honor on March 15, 2003.

UncleLar
03-07-2003, 05:50 PM
Hey Piglet,good to hear from you. Be careful,trust your training and give 'em hell!
Between all of us and our combined ingenuity can't we find some angle to send Piglet and his buddies some Copenhagen and whatever kinds of goodies they'd really like without the USO glomming onto it? There's gotta be a way,let's find it. I'm back to work now so I can kick in $ towards some "care packages" and shipping. Can we get an FPO address for Piglet?

Menace
03-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Welcome back to the best source of Marauder info and a BIG pat on the back for your service to our country. THANKS PIGLET

SergntMac
03-07-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by MM03MOK
I've hatched a plan for us to Adopt A Marine, maybe even Adopt A Platoon, Piglet's of course!! I was waiting to hear back from Piglet before I announced it on the board, but he's been too busy to respond, understandably.

I thought we could send care packages weekly - maybe from a different region each week, to keep 'em coming. I've asked for suggestions from Piglet on what works and what doesn't. Since some areas are starting to have get-togethers, it'll be easy for everyone to contribute.

I've asked Piglet for his address and am more than happy to help coordinate this. Obviously there will be packaging and shipping charges, but I'm sure we can all handle that.

What better way to support our Troops than to show them we care. Hopefully more details to come. Stay tuned! :up:

Oh YES, how can I help?

Personally, I do not know anyone over there now, no friends or family I can offer my support to. I know the Pig only from here, and I would like to do more for him, and his company. Please let me know how I can help in this?

Hey y'all, ya need to get behind this, in any way you can, ya know?

Thank you, Mary, for spearheading what more we can do for them.

CRUZTAKER
03-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Man I hate sand......... Hope your ok with it!

Although this country may not agree on our purpose, I know this country agrees to support our troops.

Take care of yourself and give 'em hell.

Barry. Hon.Disch.1986 2nd Infantry Div. S. Korea
........would'nt take me back

Bob Mathis
03-07-2003, 07:30 PM
Piglet, Been there done that. I know what it's like to get stuff. If I can help send anything let me know. 2nd of 17 Air Cav VietNam 71. Stay safe while up there. If you know what I mean. I have alot of friends there right now. I pray for all.
PS Go get them we are behind you all. God Bless The USA.

gja
03-07-2003, 07:48 PM
This is for Piglet, I know the road he walks.
I took that trip once....

Piglet,
I cannot be there to stand post with you. But if there is anything I can do to help, however small or large. I will not try, I will DO so.
______________________________ ____________________

It is the soldier not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press.

It is the soldier not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech.

It is the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is
d***** with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag!!!

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect
us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us
in our time of need.

merc406
03-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Hi piglet, take care over their, we wish all the best to you guys and gals over their.

Bigdogjim
03-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by gja
This is for Piglet, I know the road he walks.
I took that trip once....

Piglet,
I cannot be there to stand post with you. But if there is anything I can do to help, however small or large. I will not try, I will DO so.
______________________________ ____________________

It is the soldier not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press.

It is the soldier not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech.

It is the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is
d***** with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag!!!

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect
us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us
in our time of need.
^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^
God Bless All
Big Dog

piglet
03-10-2003, 08:03 AM
Hi all,

First off let me say thank-you for all your kind words of encouragement and support. It really means a lot to me. Second I think there is a direct correlation between Mercury Marauder owners and their support of the troops! American muscle at its finest. You all have been great.

I have gone back and forth with posting my FPO address for the world to see on the Internet given my current status. I was encouraged not to post it. However, if you would like to know it you can send an email to bigiron@ec.rr.com and it will be provided for you. All I ask is for it to not be posted on the website. I think you all understand my concerns.

Every time I go flying I take a 3x5 nylon American flag with me. It will be a chariest keepsake for me to fly with pride when I get home. If any of you would like to send me a flag I will make sure it gets a few miles on it and I will send it back to you once this thing is over.

Well that is about it from my end. Again thanks for your undying support of all the service members.

MM03MOK
03-10-2003, 08:18 AM
Thank you, Piglet!

We totally understand your need for privacy and will abide by your wishes. Thank you for offering to carry Old Glory. I'm touched!

Now we'll get working on sending a bit of Home your way. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your fellow Marines.

MAD-3R
03-10-2003, 08:21 AM
Hmmmm Nitrous Kit for his "other" ride?