PDA

View Full Version : Bad day.

Tallboy
06-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Today was indeed a Monday. Nothing seemed to go right today. You ever have one of those days? I did today. Just put me in a really negative mood. People who I can usually rely on, can't seem to find thier own ass with two hands a flashlight. Things that were supposed to be fixed are still broken. You know how it is.

Soooooo...

I took the afternoon off. I came home, had a cold beer, and watched Billy's burnout video three times.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

I feel much better now...:)

RoyLPita
06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
After a manic day, I might just do the same- minus the beer.

RF Overlord
06-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Me, too...now where in the office did I stash the Jim Beam...

Cobra25
06-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Today was indeed a Monday. Nothing seemed to go right today. You ever have one of those days? I did today. Just put me in a really negative mood. People who I can usually rely on, can't seem to find thier own ass with two hands a flashlight. Things that were supposed to be fixed are still broken. You know how it is.

Soooooo...

I took the afternoon off. I came home, had a cold beer, and watched Billy's burnout video three times.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

I feel much better now...:) Sorry too hear you had one of those day's. I hope Tuesday is much better.

LordVader
06-20-2005, 03:04 PM
:beer: Well at least you know the cure! That and few hours behind the wheel!

Hack Goby
06-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Billys is an all time classic but on the SVT site go to "A taste of home"area and there on the Motor City Terminators area click on the video thread and watch the Michigan Muscle video almost seven minutes and its awsome.

carfixer
06-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Here's my monday:
Paula calls me and says "car's acting up" (her Continental).
I ask "what's it doin?"
"Doesn't seem to wanna go"
"OK, bring it by and I'll take it for a ride"

I took it for a ride alright, right to the lift. Tranny's gone. Oh well! It is now on the bench waiting for an overhaul. Crap happens.

Now for the bad news:

She's driving my Marauder until our Conti's fixed!! :eek:! :eek:! :eek:! :eek:! :eek:! :eek:! :eek: ! :eek: ! :eek: ! :eek:!!!

MarauderMark
06-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Ain't nothing like driving a S/ced Marauder to help make me feel alot better. It may help you too.:burn:

Bradley G
06-20-2005, 04:49 PM
I bet when you get it back, you will be Soooo!. Happy:banana2:

BGMs' burnout, has better medicinal qualities than Booze!:eek:
Bradley G

RoyLPita
06-20-2005, 04:53 PM

Soooooo...

I feel much better now...:)

Same here. I cracked open a Diet Coke, lounged on my recliner, looped Billy's DVD video w/ 5.1 cranked on the stereo, and watched the dreary feeling from the weather outside go like the rubber from the drag tires. AAAHHH!!!. I needed that!!!!!!

HwyCruiser
06-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Nothing like sound of Metallica and burning rubber to take your mind off the day's woes! :bows:

RoyLPita
06-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Nothing like sound of Metallica and burning rubber to take your mind off the day's woes! :bows:

That + the engine, S/C, and exhaust sound of a car that I hope to have one day.

mpearce
06-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I'm not laughing at you in any way...but I love stories like this sometimes. Why you ask? Because every single week, I have Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off. I guess I can't boast too much, because I work 3, 13 hour tours in a row, 10 hours off inbetween tours, 30 minute commute each way. Sometimes my work week seems like one giant day...Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So when the entire country is off having a blast on the weekends (my friends) I'm stuck in a control room working. But when it comes to bad Mondays...I just laugh. Thats why I schedule all of my appointments with Lidio in Detroit on Mondays. While I set off for Michigan bright and early during Monday morning rush hour, I can sit back, and relax, watching all the rats join the daily race...while I head to Alternative Auto for MM fun.

-Mat

MarauderMike
06-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Monday's should be outlawed!!!!!
Wishful thinking, that means we would have to rely on congress to do something useful. What are WE paying them for anyway?

Sorry about your bad day.

Claude, it could have been worse, she does drive US41. You know what I mean? I'm not quite sure, but I think US 41 may be the training course for demolition derbys'.

BillyGman
06-21-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm glad to have been some help to you guys. Maybe I'll have to come up with another tire shredding vid for your Tuesdays......:D I just got home from a late night at work, and on the way home I left two 100' shots w/out the use of the brake pedal. Must be something about that big full moon that's out tonight. I wish I got em on tape. Sometimes I wish that I had a camcorder that popped out of the side of the car with the push of a button.

RoyLPita
06-21-2005, 04:04 AM
I'm glad to have been some help to you guys. Maybe I'll have to come up with another tire shredding vid for your Tuesdays......:D I just got home from a late night at work, and on the way home I left two 100' shots w/out the use of the brake pedal. Must be something about that big full moon that's out tonight. I wish I got em on tape. Sometimes I wish that I had a camcorder that popped out of the side of the car with the push of a button.

That should be your next project. They probably make them small enough to install on the mirror. Keep us posted.

BillyGman- The only man who could tear up Derby, CT with a MM, 2 tires and a supercharger. Keep up the good work.