PDA

View Full Version : Hello all question about 14 inch baers

RR|Suki
06-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Hey there I just bought a VT and I live in michigan... I believe in driving my car, so I was wondering if I could fit 17s on that size rotor -14inch bear- (I doubt it but I don't have sample rims for the template). Thanks in advance

merc
06-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Hey there I just bought a VT and I live in michigan... I believe in driving my car, so I was wondering if I could fit 17s on that size rotor -14inch bear- (I doubt it but I don't have sample rims for the template). Thanks in advance

Are you talking about putting 17' rims on a 14" Baer brake kit. Then the answer is:

Simple answer....No
Detailed answer ....Hell no

:burnout:

You might accomplish that exchange on a 13.1' TCE Performace Wilwood brake kit.

Rider90
06-21-2005, 08:06 PM
A VT as in Marauder VT? uh.....
WE NEED PICTURES!!! :bows:

RR|Suki
06-21-2005, 08:22 PM
I figured I was dreaming, I was actually keeping faith that they weren't 14" but I went to drive her and they were... happy and sad at the same time... and I'll have pics on Thursday or so when I finally get to drive her home, she's gonna be at my dealer tonight and they said they are gonna detail her wed. I have been dreaming of this car since I saw the story on it in motor trend... and I hate motor trend:) . But yeah I'm real excited... just need to find good tires for the colder months :cry:

GarageMahal
06-21-2005, 08:27 PM
I... But yeah I'm real excited... just need to find good tires for the colder months :cry:

Grats and welcome! Where abouts are you?

jta

RR|Suki
06-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Grats and welcome! Where abouts are you?

jtaEast Lansing, MI... I should add info to my profile :D

Brother Mike
06-21-2005, 09:18 PM
East Lansing, MI... I should add info to my profile :D
Gotta ask.....how does a 21 year old afford a VT Marauder? Are you self-insured??? :cool:

RR|Suki
06-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Gotta ask.....how does a 21 year old afford a VT Marauder? Are you self-insured??? :cool:
There are ways ;) My way includes eating nothing but tuna for te next couple years. :cry:

Skiordie53
06-21-2005, 09:25 PM
There are ways ;) My way includes eating nothing but tuna for te next couple years. :cry:
im sure i sound dumb but what is a VT marauder

LCSO34
06-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I am with Dumb, could someone give us a vector,victor???????

Rider90
06-22-2005, 05:09 AM
Yeah, I am with Dumb, could someone give us a vector,victor???????

The VT Marauder has a stroker kit to bring the 4.6L Engine from 281 Cubes to 302 Cubes. IIRC, that is 5.0L of Naturally Aspirated Power.

RoyLPita
06-22-2005, 05:14 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

MMM2003
06-22-2005, 05:27 AM
I figured I was dreaming, I was actually keeping faith that they weren't 14" but I went to drive her and they were... happy and sad at the same time... and I'll have pics on Thursday or so when I finally get to drive her home, she's gonna be at my dealer tonight and they said they are gonna detail her wed. I have been dreaming of this car since I saw the story on it in motor trend... and I hate motor trend:) . But yeah I'm real excited... just need to find good tires for the colder months :cry:

There are some 18" BFG Winter tires available. You won't find an exact match to our OEM size, but you can run the same size on all four corners.
Someone here had a set for sale last spring.

Now the only problem you have is to find another set of 18" rims to fit.
Or mount them on you OEM rims when winter comes.

Welcome. Enjoy!

Peter aka MMM2003

SergntMac
06-22-2005, 05:56 AM
Wait a second...Is the the Marauder VT that appeared in Motor Trend? Built by VT Engineering?

http://motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0309_tun/

If so, there is only one Marauder VT. Stroked 4.6 to 5.0, forged internals, Paxton Novi blower, and a lot of other goodies. It also has Budnik 19" wheels, Toyo Proxes tires, the 14" BaerClaw brake kit.

Ummm...If this is your MM, what are you up to?

RR|Suki
06-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Wait a second...Is the the Marauder VT that appeared in Motor Trend? Built by VT Engineering?

If so, there is only one Marauder VT. Stroked 4.6 to 5.0, forged internals, Paxton Novi blower, and a lot of other goodies. It also has Budnik 19" wheels, Toyo Proxes tires, the 14" BaerClaw brake kit.

Ummm...If this is your MM, what are you up to?Ya thats the one, the previous owner of VT didn't have use for it anymore I guess, so I got it for a steal :banana: see this thread http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4514 sold my other car so this'll be my one and only, this and my bike (and a rally car but not road legal) so yeah... I'll talk to the guy he might still have the stocks :D

John F. Russo
06-24-2005, 12:18 PM

Ummm...If this is your MM, what are you up to?

!4 in. BaerClaw brakes? I didn't think you could brakes this size on the front or rear tires.