PDA

View Full Version : Help Requested

Mark [N4OGL]
03-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Hi Folks,

This seems to be a supportive Forum for this sort of stuff, and I really could use your assistance.

Late in 2001 I lost my Dad to lung cancer, and my Mom followed a year later. While grieving for their passing, I have been trying to find a way to do something productive to honor their memory. I have settled on the Lance Armstrong Ride for 2003.

Lance Armstrong, you may recall, successfully beat testicular cancer to win the Tour de France four times. He founded an organization to help fund a cancer cure, and the major fundraising effort is the Lance Armstrong Ride for the Roses in San Antonio in October.

Here's where I need your help.

I am trying to raise funds for cancer research through my ride, which will be in memory of Dad and Mom. It's not keyed to the miles I complete, although I am training so I can do 100 miles. I really just want to make a substantial donation in their memory.

I am asking you all if you will help. You can give a little or a lot, on a credit card (via the internet) or in the mail, anonymously or otherwise. All is tax deductible and all goes to research. The link to donate is below.

Thanks a lot - this means a lot to me.

Mark

https://secure.laf.org/source/Donations/Donate_amount.cfm?sid=20005019 1

Logan
03-07-2003, 12:39 PM
This is a verified non-profit charity, contribute at your discretion.