Are there any dyno days coming up?

BK_GrandMarquis
06-22-2005, 08:34 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18916

Lidio
06-22-2005, 04:11 PM

Other then the one BK has linked to, which is during MMV-III. My shop does not have any more set up for the rest of this year. Although I tend to put one together for mid to late Sept.
At the last minute some time in early Sept as my summer work load starts to calm down I then pick a date and go from there.

Thanks

metroplex
06-23-2005, 05:17 AM
What will I need to do to prep my car for the dyno? I would definitely want to get a numerical tabulated data printout for the hp/torque curves and the AF ratio (the chart looks cool but the data points are more important to me) if possible.
I have the stock cats and my rear O2s are turned off.

Will the stock bung(s) for the rear O2s be adequate for your wide-band O2?
Will I need to do any type of PCM prep or will your shop tune the PCM to run it in 3rd w/ the TC locked?

I don't want to take up too much time on the dyno but my flasher takes 5 min to flash the PCM.

Lidio
06-23-2005, 07:43 AM
What will I need to do to prep my car for the dyno? I would definitely want to get a numerical tabulated data printout for the hp/torque curves and the AF ratio (the chart looks cool but the data points are more important to me) if possible.
I have the stock cats and my rear O2s are turned off.

Will the stock bung(s) for the rear O2s be adequate for your wide-band O2?
Will I need to do any type of PCM prep or will your shop tune the PCM to run it in 3rd w/ the TC locked?

I don't want to take up too much time on the dyno but my flasher takes 5 min to flash the PCM.

Basically for the most accurate reading for our wide-band, its best to install it in front of all the cats or in the collector if it has headers. On stock MM exhuast.... we weld a bung on the right side in front of the forward most cat. Its tight but it can be done.

Thats really all the preping we do for some dyno pulls on any thing including MM's. If you have a tune from me, with or with out a Trilogy, I then revise the tune to lock-up in 3rd and not down shift from 3rd at speeds greater then 30 MPH. This makes for the most acurate RWHP and TQ number possible.

If your tune is from some one else, then I can not simply make the lock-up changes that are needed to some elses tune. We would then proceed to make all the runs in manual 2nd gear or 3rd from 60mph and up so that it wont down shift.

Thanks

metroplex
06-23-2005, 12:10 PM
The tune would be from me. I use SCT's PRP to flash the PCM.