PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Products???

MMpridenjoy
03-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Hello to all, was wondering if anyone is using the Zaino products on the finish of their car? If anyone is, could you tell me what products from them you are using and how it has worked for you? I see they have a large line of products! Also wondering if there is any leather cleaner/restorer that will return that nice leather smell to the seats? Thanks for your reply. MMpridenjoy (Rob)

WolfeBros
03-07-2003, 05:46 PM
MMPridenjoy
I used the Zaino # 2 and the #5. I also claybarred the car first which I had never done before but it is easier than it sounds and it does get alot of contaminants off the finish. The Zaino leaves the deepest shine I have ever seen. I bought the car wash and the leather conditioner as well. The leather conditoner smells great, just like new leather. The #5 helps get rid of swirl marks. This stuff goes on easy and comes off easy. Use 100% cotton good quality towels to remove. This stuff is expensive but the best I have ever seen. Also get the gloss enhancer. Once the car is done you just wash it, dry it and use the gloss enhancer to maintain the finish. Logan put me on to it and others on here use it as well. The Meguairs is good stuff but Zaino is better.
IMHO

JohnnyB
03-07-2003, 06:39 PM
I have used all of the Zaino products on my cars. They are the best. Use the gloss enhancer as a lubricant when using the claybar...... a lot of work doing all of the interim steps, but worth the effort.

vaderv
03-07-2003, 07:10 PM
WolfeBros This may sound like a stupid question but, does the car still look black. Ive used a couple hi gloss polishes that left a black car with a distinct film. What your opinion since Im thinkin of spendin a c note on zainos stuff?

JohnnyB
03-07-2003, 07:18 PM
car will look blacker than black... show car black

MMpridenjoy
03-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Sweet...I appreciate the detailed responses....now I know exactly what to do and what Zaino to go for. Thanks.

WolfeBros
03-07-2003, 10:58 PM
Vaderv,
It looks like a deep wet shine. I spent the c note and thought it was well worth it. A little goes a long way too. Also did my wifes car last weekend. Best it has ever looked.

MMpridenjoy
03-07-2003, 11:08 PM
It's funny, after leaving off this thread and checking Zaino's for some prices, I notice their store is about 1/2 mile from where I live! I guess no need to send an order form for this one....

vaderv
03-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Thanks, I'm sending the order form today.

CRUZTAKER
03-08-2003, 10:33 AM
I called and talked to the MAN. He is quite helpfull.
My first order goes out on Monday. More than a c-note tho.....

I know I am not the only one, but damn, this car scratches easy!
The black LS NEVER gave me the trouble this MM does. Mine is covered in scratches at this point. It was delivered that way, I just could'nt tell on a cloudy day.

I hope the Zaino full treatment helps...........:confused:

MN6
03-08-2003, 01:23 PM
I got a touch of spring fever and had to go uncover the MM for a little TLC. Clayed & 2 coats of Z5, HUGE Difference, going back tomorrow for 1 more coat Z5 and a couple coats of Z2. Can't wait to put in the Stage 1 stuff.

jgc61sr2002
03-08-2003, 01:34 PM
MN6 - Know how you feel. Snowed another 6 inches here on Thursday and the MM is still tucked away in it's garage. John:(

CRUZTAKER
03-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by MN6
..........going back tomorrow for 1 more coat Z5 and a couple coats of Z2. Can't wait to put in the Stage 1 stuff.

Do it quick! It's 51 in Cleveland at 15:44 EST, they say rain by 2100, falling temps, and snow (3-6) by Sunday morning.:mad:

What we get, you get a day later!!!!:P

I can't catch a day warm enough for the wax to dry, how do YOU do it?
:mad: :help: :confused:

1badcar
03-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Zaino is the way to go. High of 61 this past Saturday, 65 on Sunday.
Washed and waxed 1BAD CAR. Used Z-5(2 coats), Z-2(1 coat) then Z-6 gloss enhancer in between. Simply amazing stuff. You won't believe your eyes.
Recommend the Accelerator as well, cuts down the wait time in between coats.