PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Sanford tonight?

oldekid
06-25-2005, 08:59 AM
I was just wondering if any of our central Florida guys are thinking about going to Sanford this evening. I'm not sure what the weather is going to do later on. I have already washed the car and put it back in the garage, but nothing else. I thought if it clears up, maybe some of you would be interested.

If things start looking a little better outside, I might dip into my Zaino box and touch things up a little bit. I just hate to do that if it's just going to get dirty again. . . . :baaa:

Rkammer
06-25-2005, 09:40 AM
I was just wondering if any of our central Florida guys are thinking about going to Sanford this evening. I'm not sure what the weather is going to do later on. I have already washed the car and put it back in the garage, but nothing else. I thought if it clears up, maybe some of you would be interested.

If things start looking a little better outside, I might dip into my Zaino box and touch things up a little bit. I just hate to do that if it's just going to get dirty again. . . . :baaa:
I'm hooking up trailer wiring in my trunk but may want to cruise up to sanford later on. Is the cruise still at the old WalMart?

oldekid
06-25-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm hooking up trailer wiring in my trunk but may want to cruise up to sanford later on. Is the cruise still at the old WalMart?No Ray, they meet down by the marina. If you get off I-4 at the Seminole Town Center mall, head towards Sanford until you get through the business section of town, and then hang a left to get to the parking lot across from the marina. It starts at 6:00 I believe. You will normally see some street rods heading that way.

I'll check back later on to see if anyone else replies.

ctrcbob
06-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Can I bring my MM, even though its Dirty? :rolleyes:

oldekid
06-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Can I bring my MM, even though its Dirty? :rolleyes:I don't see why not Bob. From the looks of things, even if it was clean, it might not last too long.

Merc-O-matic
06-25-2005, 11:27 AM
John, We are up in Ohio....just a little too far to drive.
Did you get your 4.10's installed yet? :confused:
AL

oldekid
06-25-2005, 12:17 PM
John, We are up in Ohio....just a little too far to drive.
Did you get your 4.10's installed yet? :confused:
ALThat's ok Al. Right now it's still pretty cloudy out. I don't know if it's going to be a good night or not.

No, my mother in law had an emergency heart bypass operation, and we had to have both cars most all this past week, so I had to postpone the gears. That's probably ok, because I'm now thinking about putting the girdle and stud kit in while I'm having the gears done. That way it will be pretty much free installation on the girdle.

It may be another week or so before I can reschedule. I'm still planning on letting Lamatta Performance do the job.

Have fun, sorry you couldn't be here, but we understand.

Rkammer
06-25-2005, 12:19 PM
No Ray, they meet down by the marina. If you get off I-4 at the Seminole Town Center mall, head towards Sanford until you get through the business section of town, and then hang a left to get to the parking lot across from the marina. It starts at 6:00 I believe. You will normally see some street rods heading that way.

I'll check back later on to see if anyone else replies.Thanks, Since I live out by UCF, I'll just buzz up the 417. :)

Rkammer
06-25-2005, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=oldekid]It may be another week or so before I can reschedule. I'm still planning on letting Lamatta Performance do the job. QUOTE]

Just a bit of OT for a moment. How much will Lamatta charge for a gear change? And, are they totally competant? Haven't worked with them before.

oldekid
06-25-2005, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=oldekid]It may be another week or so before I can reschedule. I'm still planning on letting Lamatta Performance do the job. QUOTE]

Just a bit of OT for a moment. How much will Lamatta charge for a gear change? And, are they totally competant? Haven't worked with them before.From what I understand so far, it is looking like it will be around $500, give or take a little depending on what they have to replace. That is for everything.

I chose them because they are convenient for me, and they do 2 to 3 gear changes a week on mostly mustangs. I checked with another local shop, and they highly recommended them. They have all of the required tools to do the job right.

There is another place in Orlando, called Powered By Ford. They are also supposed to be really good. I called them, and they seem to be always booked up for a couple of weeks. It sounded like their prices were about the same.

oldekid
06-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Well guys, I was there at just a couple minutes past six. They really weren't having the meet, but some cars were still hanging around. There were a few street rods, several Camaros, and a few Mustangs. I waited until 6:45 and no MMs.

I'm home now drinking a bottle of wine. :banana:

Rkammer
06-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Well guys, I was there at just a couple minutes past six. They really weren't having the meet, but some cars were still hanging around. There were a few street rods, several Camaros, and a few Mustangs. I waited until 6:45 and no MMs. I'm home now drinking a bottle of wine. :banana:I cruised thru about 5:45 and then again about 9:30. Looked dead. I had to take the wife out to dinner and then do some TV shopping at Best Buy. Is there a cruise at the Sanford Steak n Shake next Sat?

oldekid
06-25-2005, 08:21 PM
I cruised thru about 5:45 and then again about 9:30. Looked dead. I had to take the wife out to dinner and then do some TV shopping at Best Buy. Is there a cruise at the Sanford Steak n Shake next Sat?Yeah, it was a bummer. Sorry I missed you. I don't know for sure about the Steak N Shake. I know they normally mention it at the meet that was supposed to happen tonight. I think it is the first Saturday, but won't swear to it.

On my way back from Sanford tonight, I saw another DTR MM going south on 17-92. I pulled up beside him, and he asked if I was in the club. He also asked about our meet in Casselberry. So, we may have another DTR joining the group. We were in traffic, so I couldn't talk to him a lot. He had just found out about this site. Hopefully he will be at our next meet.

ctrcbob
06-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Hey, there were two Marauders there. I got there a little after 7pm and left a little after 8:30pm. Manuel (Black 04) who sometimes reads this site got there about 7:15pm. Don't know what time he left, but it was after me. Manuel gave me some good information about 436 & Howel Branch Road.

So you see, you guys all got there at the wrong times.

Did enjoy looking at a couple of the old Mopars there, that I owned back when.

oldekid
06-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Hey, there were two Marauders there. I got there a little after 7pm and left a little after 8:30pm. Manuel (Black 04) who sometimes reads this site got there about 7:15pm. Don't know what time he left, but it was after me. Manuel gave me some good information about 436 & Howel Branch Road.

Did enjoy looking at a couple of the old Mopars there, that I owned back when.Sorry I missed you too Bob. I guess the next time we all need to agree on a time to meet. This has happened that past couple of times. Hopefully we can all finally get together at the Casselberry meet.

Rkammer
06-26-2005, 09:00 AM

Did enjoy looking at a couple of the old Mopars there, that I owned back when.
Hi, Bob. Also sorry I missed you. Will look forward to meeting in Casselberry in July. Anyone want to meet up at the Steak n Shake Cruise next Saturday, if it's still on?

ctrcbob
06-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Geez, and I even washed the car! :D (but not the interior :( ).

Manuel's MM was still dirty, but he told me he drove through a lot of rain to get there. :banana:

SouLRioT
06-26-2005, 04:52 PM
I hope you guys show up to the pic-nic on the west coast. This is going to be a great place to meet some marauders from around the state.

MaLo03
06-27-2005, 09:22 AM
I hope you guys show up to the pic-nic on the west coast. This is going to be a great place to meet some marauders from around the state.
I'm back on the road but requested a vacation day off for the picnic. I'll be there for sure.......Looking foward.......

oldekid
06-29-2005, 04:31 AM
Hi, Bob. Also sorry I missed you. Will look forward to meeting in Casselberry in July. Anyone want to meet up at the Steak n Shake Cruise next Saturday, if it's still on?Ray, I might be interested in the Steak n Shake Cruise. Do you know exactly where that is? Is it on 17-92 in Sanford, or is there one up by the Seminole Town Center Mall?

Rkammer
06-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Ray, I might be interested in the Steak n Shake Cruise. Do you know exactly where that is? Is it on 17-92 in Sanford, or is there one up by the Seminole Town Center Mall?
Bob, I'm almost certain it's the one off Hwy 46 next to the Seminole Town Center Mall. At least that's what the guy from the Celery City Cruisers said last Sat night. I'll ask another friend of mine to confirm that today.

oldekid
06-29-2005, 05:47 AM
Ok, that works. Just let me know. Maybe some other members would be interested. At least there's food there. If we decide to do this, let's agree on a specific time so we won't miss each other. . . . . like we have the past two times. . . . . . . :alone:

Rkammer
06-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Ok, that works. Just let me know. Maybe some other members would be interested. At least there's food there. If we decide to do this, let's agree on a specific time so we won't miss each other. . . . . like we have the past two times. . . . . . . :alone:
OOoops! Forgot that we're going away for the long 4th of July weekend. Wife just reminded me. Guess we'll have to wait 'till out next MM meeting in July. :o

oldekid
06-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Ok, not a problem. If anyone else is interested. . . . just let me know. If not, we'll see everyone in Cassleberry in July.

unclebuck
07-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey John,
It was raining cats, dogs and frogs Saturday so Mary and I kept our clean MM at home. Really missed everyone tho. I think we should go to Casselberry even if it is snowing so we can talk about the picnic, etc. What do you think?

I have a brand new SCT Xcalibrator with 2 tunes + cables I won at Casselberry a couple months ago. It isn't installed. Do you have one of these

I can't wait to hear your with the delete tips. I still don't know what I am going to with my exhaust - but I'm going to do something! I installed a JLT cold air intake the other day. I think it goes faster.:coolman:

UncleUbck

unclebuck
07-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Howdy,
I flagged down a lady driving a Red MM thru my neighborhood. I think she was a little afraid of me after catching up with her and flashing my lights till we came to a red light and I pulled up beside her. They just got the MM, I gave them one of the MercuryMarauder.net cards I got from Slowpoke(Thanks again Slowpoke)
From what she said, he is looking to some things to the MM. They will probably
be at the Casselberry meet.
I think we should ALL attend, rain or no rain so we can talk about the picnic, etc.

I just installed a JLT cold air intake on my 04 MM. I think it goes faster.:coolman:
UncleBuck

I'm back on the road but requested a vacation day off for the picnic. I'll be there for sure.......Looking foward.......

oldekid
07-04-2005, 05:00 AM
Hey John,
It was raining cats, dogs and frogs Saturday so Mary and I kept our clean MM at home. Really missed everyone tho. I think we should go to Casselberry even if it is snowing so we can talk about the picnic, etc. What do you think?

I have a brand new SCT Xcalibrator with 2 tunes + cables I won at Casselberry a couple months ago. It isn't installed. Do you have one of these

I can't wait to hear your with the delete tips. I still don't know what I am going to with my exhaust - but I'm going to do something! I installed a JLT cold air intake the other day. I think it goes faster.:coolman:

UncleUbckBuck,
I have the older version (Xcalibrator). It has a place to save your car's factory settings, a program for the 3.55 gears, and another program for the 4.10s. I ran it for a couple of weeks on the 3.55 program, then reflashed for the 4.10s this past Thursday after getting the new gears.

You will love the new tune, even on your stock gears. By the time we have our next meet, I will be past my break-in period, and will be able to testify as to how these taller gears help. So far, I think I'm pretty impressed. The other night I passed a car and got it to kick into low gear. . . . . damn! Denise is going to crap the first time I do that with her in the car now . . . :banana:

The new tips sound great (my opinion). There was a distinct change in the sound when I put them on. We'll all get together and compare our new mods next Saturday. If you haven't installed your tune by then, bring it with you. I think there is some kind of law against having one of those things sitting around in the box too long. :nono:

I think I saw the couple in the red MM the other day too. It sounded like they might be there Saturday. I hope the weather holds out, and we have a good turnout. See ya then!