PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Formula 1 season

Fourth Horseman
03-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Don't know how many of you gents are into Formula 1, but I thought I'd just pass along a reminder that the 2003 season starts tomorrow (Saturday) with the Melbourne grand prix at 6:30pm pacific time on Speed channel.

Race on!!!

MMM2003
03-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Hey,

I know the race is already over, but Michael is still "The Man".

DC can't win a race by himself. I don't think I have ever seen him pass anybody.

Fourth Horseman
03-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Haha! Poor David. He sure got lucky with Ugly, er, I mean Montoya spinning out right at the end. :D

You know who I've really come to like? Michael's team mate Rubens. I know he's not as fast as Michael, but sometimes he can put on quite a show. I love watching him hunt some guy down and put the pass on. Since he's adopted his new "no b*tching" approach to race driving he's been easier to live with as well.

Glad I'm not the only F1 fan on here. :D

CRUZTAKER
03-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Actually, with a gift visit to the inaugural opening of the Michigan 500.....watching these guys do 175 from 50 ft. away was incredible.
I have Jimmy Vassir's Target hat (signed) from that race. He won as you might remember. I was also a big Greg Moore fan, met him that day (GRHS). I watched him do a 360 spin out at 170 mph and keep on going. I also met Adrian Fernandez, talk about a success story, racing VW's in Mexico????? And drank alot of his Tecate that day.

I was hooked, needless to say. I like NASCAR as well tho.....I have to, the father-in-law IS mr. nascar. He built a house, bigger than his REAL house, to display his memorabilia. And he just dropped 117k on RV, Bus, or whatever you call it. Just so he could be AT the race, and watch it in air conditioning, while stepping out to the infield to see live action.

MMM2003
03-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Formula One Grand Prix Racing ! Not Champ Cars (C.A.R.T.)
Close but no cigar !

I do enjoy the Champs cars as well. Saw them in Road America (This event was just cancelled?!?!?) and at the Milwaukee Mile.

Went to see USGP F1 last year. First roadtrip with the Marauder. That was fun.

Been down to Road Atlanta as well to see ALMS races. Highly recommended to any Racecar/Sportscar enthusiast.

Mike M
03-11-2003, 09:13 PM
Ahhh Formula One is back! Now I feel whole again.
Michael is the man!

CRUZTAKER
03-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Sorry guys....I can admit: I don't know the difference. I DO HAVE speed channel tho:p

MMM2003
03-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Speedchannel - You mean NascarChannel with a few other Racing
features once in a while.

I think they should get Nascar their own channel and keep Speedchannel
(actually it is SpeedTV now) showing all the other racing.

There is so much cool stuff out there, that we don't get to see, because of Nascar. Nothing against Nascar, but don't show it on 3 channels at the same time and then discuss it over and over.

Alright there goes my opinion.

F1 rules !!!

MM03MOK
03-13-2003, 07:10 AM
There already is the NASCARChannel, called "NASCAR In Car." Talk about seat-o-the-pants excitement! It's actually 7 Pay-Per-View channels with 7 in-car cameras so you're living the thrill. Available on Digital Cable through your cable company. *

http://www.indemand.com/sports/incar2k3/index.jsp

*Not available in all areas. Restrictions apply. ;)

:banana2:

Mike M
03-13-2003, 07:34 AM
Since Earnhardt died I can't watch Nascar anymore.
Formula One is my sport, Drag Racing, any motorcycle racing.

MMM2003
03-18-2003, 10:57 AM
FYI !

It's early, but you have to be prepared. Thur. 3/20 @ 8:30pm Formula One qualifying from Malaysia on SpeedTV.

Check it out. I'm sure it'll be another good show !

Ray Snyder
03-18-2003, 11:14 AM
alright, more F1 fans, the first racewas great, lots of new strategy will fuel levels at the start, and tyre choices from qualifying. I really look forward the the next race, i've been to Silverstone a couple of times as well as
montreal. I used to go to almost all the indy car races until the IRL crap started.

a couple of good sites are www.formula1.com www.f1live.com

Fourth Horseman
03-18-2003, 11:21 AM
What do you folks think of the new qualifying rules? One lap with race fuel loads? Any thoughts?

MMM2003
03-18-2003, 11:26 AM
One lap qualifying is OK, but they should all be allowed to go with minimum fuel and refuel for race. Things got pretty messed up during first race.
Keeping the same engine, car and tires will make it more equal.

They used to change all that for qualifying.

MMM2003
03-21-2003, 07:27 AM
Just a reminder !
Fri 3/21 @ 8:30pm Formula One final qualifying from Malaysia on SpeedTV.

Don't miss it !
Michael is back on top. He's da man !!

Long Live #3
03-21-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Mike Mielnicki
Since Earnhardt died I can't watch Nascar anymore.
Formula One is my sport, Drag Racing, any motorcycle racing.

I still watch NASCAR. Sure Dale died, but life goes on and so does racing. I wouldn't watch F1 even if someone forced me to watch it by putting a gun to my head! It's a rerun every week! Shumacher needs to lose!

MMM2003
03-21-2003, 10:03 AM
By the way, he did loose 2 weeks ago!

NASCAR is boring to me, all they do is go in circles. The cars are so bad, they couldn't handle a road or street course.
Yeah, they go fast on the straight or on a banked corner, but that's about it.

Hey, watch what you enjoy. I loose interest after watching NASCAR going in circles after about 5 min.

Long Live #3
03-21-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by MMM2003
NASCAR is boring to me, all they do is go in circles. The cars are so bad, they couldn't handle a road or street course.
Yeah, they go fast on the straight or on a banked corner, but that's about it.

They also go to two road tracks; Watkins Glen and Sears Point, now called Infinion.

Fourth Horseman
03-21-2003, 03:54 PM
I'm with MMM2003, go-fast-turn-left bores me silly.

Now, if every NASCAR race was a road circuit, that'd get me to watch. :D

MMM2003
03-22-2003, 09:06 AM
How about that qualifying. Who would have expected those flying Renaults !
It should make for a good race with lots of passing.

We'll see @ 12:30am tonight (or real early sunday for that matter) !

Fourth Horseman
03-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Indeed! Very interesting. I've started drinking pot after pot of coffee right now so I can stay awake for the race. :)

MMM2003
03-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Same here. Coffee is good!
Don't want to miss this race. Sepang always makes a good race with lots of passing.
Wondering how Renault's strategy is going to work out?

Enjoy !

MMM2003
05-02-2003, 05:57 AM
An old thread revived !

Saturday 7:00am CST - Qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix
Sunday 6:30am CST - Race !

Should be interesting to see how Ferarri will do with their new chassis. So far it's been surprisingly good and close racing.

Just something a little different and off topic (MM), but I guess that's what the Lounge is for.

Long Live #3
05-02-2003, 07:01 AM
I hate Michael Schummacher. It's a rerun almost every race. People want to know why the sport of F1 isn't doing so well. I'd say talk to Schummacher.

MMM2003
05-02-2003, 07:13 AM
You have obviously not paid any attention to what has been going on in the first few races.

F1 by the way is doing very well worldwide. A lot more popular than Nascar (worldwide that is). Given, here in the US Nascar is by far the most popular motorsport.

LL3, why don't stick to posting your web clippings of Nasacar.com, rather than bashing things you don't know about?

Enuff said.

(By the way, just got my Season ticket for Road America and the CART race is back on !!)

Long Live #3
05-02-2003, 07:52 AM
MMM2003: It's my mom who hates F1, I just think it boring (and I'm not trying to bash anything here) cuz the announcers are boring.

(I'll see you up at the CART weekend too)

LincMercLover
05-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Anyway...

BlackHole
05-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Can something be done with Jag or is it to late. Never seen a team try and still come up short.

Fourth Horseman
05-02-2003, 01:41 PM
I don't know, but they've been pretty well shown up by Toyota, don't you think? I'd sure like to see Jag succeed, but every race it's the same for them. :/