PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy #0087

Tallboy
06-26-2005, 05:28 PM
I gotta tell ya, my weekends get better and better.

Friday afternoon I fired up the Marauder and, once again, headed south to Ft. Myers. I met Carfixer at his house for another edition of our version of "Monster Garage". This time it was Trilogy #0087, getting bolted into an 03 300A. Quite a nice ride-ASC sunroof, 4:10 gears, and 8700 miles on the clock. This install was going to be a different, though, and we knew this from the start. [We did not have the Eaton blower yet, but I'll get to that in a minute.]We knew we couldn't finish this car in one shot, so we took our time. We bs'ed a lot, went out for dinner, watched about an inch of rain fall, made a run to the parts store, etc. We'd get to talking about something and stop what we were doing to finish the conversation. Quite fun, indeed. By 1:30 AM we had gone as far as we could, and called it a night. I fired up the MM and headed home, about an hour away.

[The Eaton blower was delayed, and was shipped by Trilogy, UPS Next Day Air, on Friday afternoon. UPS promised a Saturday delivery time of noon.]

The plan was for Carfixer to call me Saturday morning when the blower arrived. He rang my cell at 10:30 saying "the eagle had landed" [Thanks, Renata!!]. I poured some coffee into a travel mug and pointed Car 54 south one more time.

We spent about two hours bolting the blower into place and buttoning everything up. Carfixer was on the phone with RoyLPita when we turned the key for the first time. You guessed it-fired right up and settled into a flawless idle. We backed it out, checked for leaks, and let 'er get to normal operating temperature while we cleaned up. A quick test drive around our "Patented Trilogy Test Loop" revealed a very happy, very fast car.

John R. of Chicago,IL. is going to be one happy man, as Carfixer also had his car detailed. John wasn't present and is not a member of this site. I know what you're thinking-"how did he find out about Trilogy"? Easy. He is a customer of Carfixer's at Scanlon Lincoln-Mercury. One ride in Carfixer's car was all it took. This guy literally handed Carfixer the extra set of keys to his car [John was heading back to Chicago] and wrote him a check. I've never met this guy, but I like him already.

I headed home Saturday afternoon and once again, I felt like the luckiest guy in the world. I simply cannot put into words how much fun I have doing this. Carfixer-thanks again for letting me be a fly on the wall. I gave the MM a Zaino bath and put her back in the garage.

Sunday was spent out on the boat. A perfect day-clear, sunny skies, 88 degree water in the Gulf of Mexico, and a seemingly endless supply of ice-cold Bud Light.

Damned if I'm not the luckiest sumb!tch I know...:)

Smokie
06-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Damned if I'm not the luckiest sumb!tch I know...:)
Like I said before....good things happening to good people.:beer:

Agent M79
06-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I may just not have been paying a lot of attention so it may be common practice. Other than the outstanding points of the story, one thing that struck me as particularly outstanding is the way you express the Trilogy order/sales/serial number. 4 digits. I like that kind of optimism, but hey, since there are 5 digits worth of MMs...

MENINBLK
06-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I may just not have been paying a lot of attention so it may be common practice. Other than the outstanding points of the story, one thing that struck me as particularly outstanding is the way you express the Trilogy order/sales/serial number. 4 digits. I like that kind of optimism, but hey, since there are 5 digits worth of MMs...

That's how Trilogy numbers its kits and products. 4 digits.
Its been that way since Trilogy #0001.