PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Ford Five Hundred Supercharger

Eric91Z
06-28-2005, 04:10 PM
I was checking out the Trilogy website today and they are showing an intercooled supercharger kit for the Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego, but it says for the 3.5L V6 motor. I didn't even know it was finalized that Ford was going to install that motor. I had read rumors, but no finalizing.

Any chance that setup would work on the wife's '05 Five Hundred with the 3.0L duratec V6?

(I know this is not Marauder related, but it is Trilogy related...)

Bradley G
06-28-2005, 07:46 PM
I would contact Jerry Barnes, Eric.

I would venture to guess, it won't fit.
But I don't know, first hand.
Bradley G

I was checking out the Trilogy website today and they are showing an intercooled supercharger kit for the Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego, but it says for the 3.5L V6 motor. I didn't even know it was finalized that Ford was going to install that motor. I had read rumors, but no finalizing.

Any chance that setup would work on the wife's '05 Five Hundred with the 3.0L duratec V6?

(I know this is not Marauder related, but it is Trilogy related...)

Joe Walsh
06-28-2005, 08:14 PM
3.5L Duratec V6 + Trilogy S/C + CVT = ONE ANNIHILATED CVT belt!

Can you say "POOF!"?

STLR FN
06-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Isn't the CVT only on AWD's and the 6 speed on FWD's?
But you are right on the poof part.

3.5L Duratec V6 + Trilogy S/C + CVT = ONE ANNIHILATED CVT belt!

Can you say "POOF!"?

Eric91Z
06-28-2005, 08:19 PM
CVT is available as the only option for the AWD and is optional on the FWD. Our car does have the 6-speed automatic.

Yeah, I know I should contact Jerry directly, but have been quite busy and thought maybe I could get him to respond on here.

bigslim
06-28-2005, 09:16 PM
The 3.5 will have the six-speed.

MENINBLK
06-28-2005, 11:23 PM

WOW!! An upgrade for my 2006 Freestyle already !!!

And, I don't have the Freestyle yet either... :loco:

Jerry Barnes
06-29-2005, 06:07 AM
O.K. Folks,

Obviously we have a long range plan and a list of projects that we are PLANNING on doing if everything occurs the way we think it should. So, here is our supercharger development plan:
1. Mercury Marauder Supercharger Kit 4.6L 4V (done)
2. F150 5.4L 3V (done)
3. Mustang 4.6L 3V (Sept. 2005)
4. HEMI (Start 4th quarter 2005)
5. 3.5L 4V for Ford's(Start 4th quarter 2006)

I think there are a lot of people that would like an Amercian All Wheel Drive performance car with comfort and room. So, we are planning on development of a supercharger for the Ford's that will use this configuration of V6 that could compete with the Subaru's of the world. I really like all wheel drive and if it is supercharged, it would be great! The 3.5L 4V aluminum engine will be job#1 at Ford in October 2006. We have a picture of what are car would look like on our website. Take a look. Oh yes, the transmission question. We have developed a plate between the Trans and the PTU to allow the Aisin 6 speed trans to work with the AWD system. And we are currently working with Ford and Toyoda on the AWD system that Ford uses on all of its car applications. There will need to be work done on software between the AWD system computer and the PCM computer to avoid too much torque for the axles, but we are studying all of that now.

So that is our plan. Hope you like it!

Jerry

Eric91Z
06-29-2005, 06:20 AM
That's really cool, Jerry. Some great stuff in the pipeline.

As for the Hemi, would that work in the 300C/Magnum/Charger platform? I know a lot of people have had problems breaking the PCM on those cars to work with blower upgrades.

Jerry Barnes
06-29-2005, 06:28 AM
In relation to the HEMI, there are a couple of avenues we are working on. Some are our own independent calibrations and others may be in conjunction with Chrysler. But, we think we are O.K. with recalibrating their PCM. And recalibrating PCM's is very secretive subject. I could tell you stories about this area, but I think I will not go public on this topic.

Thanks

Jerry

Eric91Z
06-29-2005, 08:05 AM
In relation to the HEMI, there are a couple of avenues we are working on. Some are our own independent calibrations and others may be in conjunction with Chrysler. But, we think we are O.K. with recalibrating their PCM. And recalibrating PCM's is very secretive subject. I could tell you stories about this area, but I think I will not go public on this topic.

Thanks

Jerry

No need to share secrets as far as I am concerned. I put a lot of faith in people like you - the experts. I don't mind spending the money for what you have put your time and knowledge in as long as the product works well. And we know the Trilogy works well.

N40GL
06-29-2005, 08:16 AM
... The 3.5L 4V aluminum engine will be job#1 at Ford in October 2006. ...

Hey Jerry!

I thought Ford's world went to the 3V side of the planet. Are 4V cars coming back? Or is this a different structure than the modular motor?

Mark

Eric91Z
06-29-2005, 09:27 AM
This is the 4V V6 - not V8. This is the motor that will be in the Ford Five Hundred next year or so. It is currently running the 3.0L V6 Duratec motor and really needs the bigger motor. That is our (or my) biggest complaint with our Five Hundred is the lack of low end power.

Jerry Barnes
06-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Guys,

From everything we know Ford is moving to the 3V world. But, they will still offer 4V applications for SVT and other performance requirements. And I just found out that some of the 2V applications will hang around longer than initially planned for cost reasons. From what we know, the 3.5L 4V should have gone in the Ford 500 and the Montego at launch, but it was not ready yet, so the Duratec. A good Harley Buddy of mine works on that program. It went through many revsions and was finally delayed. It should be a great motor once they finish development. Our goal is to try to launch performance products for vehicles as the vehicles are launched, not years later. We have a long way to go, but I have some great people working for me and they are getting better at keeping up with all of the engine developnment that is going on.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

MI2QWK4U
06-29-2005, 02:50 PM
I am holding out for the blower for the new Mustang....I think I may have sweet talked the Mrs. into leting me at least order my 2006 Mustang GT. Jerry, are you going to want an automatic Mustang GT to prototype your blower?

bigslim
06-29-2005, 06:31 PM
All wheel drive, high perfomance four door sedan. Sounds like our answer to the Audi S6. Give me 400hp with all wheel drive for a second car. :D

MI2QWK4U
06-29-2005, 08:33 PM
All wheel drive, high perfomance four door sedan. Sounds like our answer to the Audi S6. Give me 400hp with all wheel drive for a second car. :D

Did you see the pics Jerry did on the Montego? did a body kit, rims and lowered it. everyone thought it reminded them of an Audi! its funny...you think so too...it really did look good....Jerry should post that pic here...

bigslim
06-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Did you see the pics Jerry did on the Montego? did a body kit, rims and lowered it. everyone thought it reminded them of an Audi! its funny...you think so too...it really did look good....Jerry should post that pic here...
I saw it. It looked like what Ford should have done with it.

Eric91Z
06-30-2005, 06:26 AM
I have always thought that our Five Hundred kind of has the body proportion and front and rear styling of an Audi (A4 or A6). Where are those pictures that Jerry did of the Montego?