PDA

View Full Version : Next Meet?

Rider90
06-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Well rather than declaring a new Chicken Run - how about a new place? You tell me.

Keep in mind there are two meets this weekend - Crown Vics & Panthers on Saturday and Caprices & Impalas on Sunday.

ex00p71
06-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Portillo's at Finley and Butterfield? (Parking lot is usually crowded though)

Shaft333
06-30-2005, 05:29 AM
Broken Oar <--- Bikers and boaters mostly, but we'd be welcome
Starved Rock <--- Just plain sight seeing

Downers Grove Hooters <--- decent
Schaumburg Hooters <--- better
Kalamazoo Hooters <--- the best, and affords us a chance to drive our beloved cruisers

Some L&M or Ford dealership so anyone with bad paint can complain. That'd be interesting. We block their lot until they agree to fix the paint on all our cars.

Sean Kaley's on a Wednesday night <--- oil wrestling

TooManyFords
06-30-2005, 05:50 AM
I'd consider coming over this weekend if y'all can get a plan together. I had a great time last time and it was fun meeting many of you for the first time. Maybe the Minneapple guys can get one on the other day and I can swing by them the next day.

Come the 6th, my car will be out of commission for a month so I want to enjoy it while I can.

Cheers!

John

Rider90
06-30-2005, 07:06 AM
Broken Oar <--- Bikers and boaters mostly, but we'd be welcome
Starved Rock <--- Just plain sight seeing

Downers Grove Hooters <--- decent
Schaumburg Hooters <--- better
Kalamazoo Hooters <--- the best, and affords us a chance to drive our beloved cruisers

Some L&M or Ford dealership so anyone with bad paint can complain. That'd be interesting. We block their lot until they agree to fix the paint on all our cars.

Sean Kaley's on a Wednesday night <--- oil wrestling

I have not been to the Broken Oar in years. Honestly between the bikers and the boaters, I don't know where we could park.

TooManyFords
06-30-2005, 07:08 AM
Rumor has it that when you do park, the other cars and bikes will slide away from our cars to give them more room!

:)

Rider90
06-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Rumor has it that when you do park, the other cars and bikes will slide away from our cars to give them more room!

:)

lol, saved that commerical on my hard drive. John this weekend there is a B-Body meet and a Panther meet, now if some Marauder-folk say they'll be at either of them - then we have an event. I don't think I can make the panther meet myself since I'll be in wisconsin saturday, but I think I can pull of the B.a.D. Bodies BBQ on Sunday.

N40GL
06-30-2005, 07:12 AM
lol, saved that commerical on my hard drive. John this weekend there is a B-Body meet and a Panther meet, now if some Marauder-folk say they'll be at either of them - then we have an event. I don't think I can make the panther meet myself since I'll be in wisconsin saturday, but I think I can pull of the B.a.D. Bodies BBQ on Sunday.

I'm finally getting some free time to start getting involved in this stuff. Where's the Panther meet Saturday?

Rider90
06-30-2005, 07:12 AM
I'm finally getting some free time to start getting involved in this stuff. Where's the Panther meet Saturday?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19122

Shaft333
06-30-2005, 07:51 AM
I'd consider coming over this weekend if y'all can get a plan together. I had a great time last time and it was fun meeting many of you for the first time. Maybe the Minneapple guys can get one on the other day and I can swing by them the next day.

This weekend might be the best weekend or the worst. Depending on how you look at it. I know there are some townfests like the Eyes in the Sky in Lisle and Ribfest in Naperville or if you want to support the oprressive dictatorship of Emporer Daley there's the Taste of Chicago.

All good possibilities for rally points. Yet at the same time all viable distractors from a good meet. (I don't even know why I'm suggesting anything - I haven't been able to attend a meet yet.)

MarkVI351
06-30-2005, 11:17 AM
The CVN meet is lookign to have a good turnout. We'll have bbqa going and it should be a great time, even better if some Marauders will show up.
For a new place, how about laser tag? theres a place by the HIP Mall on Harlem and Irving. Its called Laser Quest. they have a HUGEEE parking lot and there are several places to eat there. Boston Market, Chinese place, mexican place... btw, did i mention the parking lot is huge?

svtguy
07-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Well rather than declaring a new Chicken Run - how about a new place? You tell me.

Keep in mind there are two meets this weekend - Crown Vics & Panthers on Saturday and Caprices & Impalas on Sunday.There's also Big Joe's Smoker at Exit tonight. I'll be there around 7ish. Anybody else up for it.