PDA

View Full Version : July 2nd or 3rd Meet?

TooManyFords
06-30-2005, 07:12 AM
Are any of you planning a get-together this weekend? I'd like to drive up there and sit in a park, maybe invade one of the parkway lakes parking lots and do a picnic or something!

Cruising the parkways is always fun, especially in numbers!

Cheers!

John

LimoMerc
06-30-2005, 09:31 AM
We could play poker too:banana: . I have to work some of this weekend but not all of it so I'll be here.

Slowpoke
06-30-2005, 09:38 AM
you can always head to Chicago - we got some awesome festivities planned in the city for the 3rd and the 4th. I dont think the Windy City Crew has anything planned for the weekend but there will be enough in the city to amuse and entertain you!

TooManyFords
06-30-2005, 09:46 AM
you can always head to Chicago - we got some awesome festivities planned in the city for the 3rd and the 4th. I dont think the Windy City Crew has anything planned for the weekend but there will be enough in the city to amuse and entertain you!
Yes and I'm thinking one day in Mpls and one day in ChiTown! But plans have to come together soon! If nothing happens, I'll be heading to Mpls for a day because I used to live there and really enjoy cruising the parkways.

Cheers!

John

jdando
06-30-2005, 10:03 AM
I am in town (MSP)! Cruise over to Porky's?? Around the lakes, Lake Nokomis could be nice if the weather is warm. I would like to see what you have under the hood also:D

jeremy

TooManyFords
06-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Cool! We can go over and hang by Minnehaha Falls! Do they let you walk behind them still? I remember about 20 some years ago, a couple of buddies and myself were.. umm.. "doing stuff".. and we hung out behind the falls till it was almost light out.

Yeah, 'doing stuff'.

:rolleyes:

GarageMahal
06-30-2005, 01:25 PM
I am around Saturday morning and early afternoon. Any plans for lunch somewhere? Heck, I would even grill at my place if there is any interest. I am just north of St. Paul in Roseville. I have plenty of off street parking ;)

jta

MNMarauder
07-01-2005, 08:07 PM
I am around Saturday morning and early afternoon. Any plans for lunch somewhere? Heck, I would even grill at my place if there is any interest. I am just north of St. Paul in Roseville. I have plenty of off street parking ;)

jta
LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYTIME SATURDAY ANYWHERE. INTERNA424@AOL.COM

ps it might rain though.

LimoMerc
07-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Ok I have not talked with John or seen a post elsewhere to indicate if hes gonna be here or not but it sounds like a few of us want to hang out so lets get together to today. I have to be to work at 4pm so let's "get er done". Porkys works for me.

GarageMahal
07-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Ok then, I am headed to Porky's for lunch sometime between 11:30 and Noon. I probably won't have a chance to wash the car first but I am looking forward to meeting a few more local owners.

Hope to see some of you there :)

jta

LimoMerc
07-02-2005, 08:39 AM
You could run over here and use Mr. Clean.

TooManyFords
07-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Sorry guys, I will not be able to come up today as planned. Here's why...

I'm sitting at the computer this morning, 8:30am sipping my pepsi and reading the e-mail and then BANG, the power to the house goes out blips and then comes back on. It must have done this sometime last night too because the my computer was rebooted with I got to it.

No problem I think. the USP covered the servers and all is well. Not so much. I then notice the LV Halogen lights in the den are on and flickering and the wall plate no longer responds. The surge got my wall plate dimmer. Sigh, another $35 at home depot. I sit back down to read more email and then I smell something. Yep, the transformer in the closet running the den lighting is smoking like a chimney! I dash to the basement and kill the power to the den and air the house out.

So, I've got electrical work to do today and get that rotten smell of burning transformer out of the house.

Have fun without me and we'll pick another weekend to get together.

Cheers!

John

GarageMahal
07-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Wow, sorry to hear that. I know how it goes with electricity, I had my share of troubles this week too.

jta

LimoMerc
07-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Sorry to here that. I'm sure we'll see you before too long. Good luck and have a great weekend "Happy 4th".

As for the rest of you, HEAD FOR PORKYS ASAP!!!:burnout:

jdando
07-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks to LimoMerc for setting this up! It was nice to put some names to faces and see everyone's cars! Sorry you could not make it John, it was a great day for a drive.

I have posted a few pictures in my gallery.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3102

We even recruited a new member who was driving by and had never seen three Marauders together before. He pulled a "U" and stopped by to chat! Hopefully he will join up.

jeremy

VIKINGMM
07-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks to LimoMerc for setting this up! It was nice to put some names to faces and see everyone's cars! Sorry you could not make it John, it was a great day for a drive.

I have posted a few pictures in my gallery.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3102

We even recruited a new member who was driving by and had never seen three Marauders together before. He pulled a "U" and stopped by to chat! Hopefully he will join up.

jeremy

I didn't see this until this evening, after I got back form Porky's about 7:30PM. Sorry I missed it. Have to pay closer attention to this site from now on.

MNMarauder
07-02-2005, 10:57 PM
I didn't see this until this evening, after I got back form Porky's about 7:30PM. Sorry I missed it. Have to pay closer attention to this site from now on.
Hey sorry everyone didn't make it!

LIMOMERC saw the pictures THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO BLACK OUT THE PLATES. THAT IS A NICE TOUCH. Not that I mind if people see mine but it is the thought that counts.

Interna

LimoMerc
07-03-2005, 10:52 PM
jdando posted the picks but thanks ( on behalf of JD):D .

LimoMerc
07-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Check out my photo gallery:Dhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6833&cat=500&page=1

GarageMahal
07-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Check out my photo gallery:Dhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6833&cat=500&page=1

Too funny! I know my black car was dirty but I didn't think it was that light (silver).

It was good to finally meet up with some local folks again. Hope we can do it again soon.

jta

Kelsey
07-06-2005, 06:22 AM
Damn sorry I missed this guys - I was out on my motorcycle for most of the weekend.