PDA

View Full Version : What a 30 degrees difference makes

snowbird
07-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Well, as some of you might know, I had a FIT procherger installed about a week ago.

I've been a good boy all week, staying in vacuum and checking here and there that everything was OK.

Yesterday night, i bring my 12 years old son to "War of the worlds" and we're enjoying a 24 hr cold front to a low seventees temperature; 30 degrees cooler than on the install day.

There's virtually no traffic and since i'm feeling for it, i'm doing 2 pass. One with 3/4 throttle and the other to the flloor.

The first pass, i gas it too abruptly and the car stay there for about 1-2 second and then jump forward after it's done hole digging at about 7-8 pounds of boost. I guess we can call it a tricky one off the line. On the second one about a quarter mile away, i try to feather it a bit on the initial second but floor it to see what's up. This time, no hole digging but a 100 feets "residue" is left and i let it off 200 ft pass the intersection already over 70 miles an hour. Still not a good one off the line by racing standard but shure a fun one on the teenager scale. And we both have that Gee, we'have eaten a jacket hanger kind of smile !

So 30 degrees cooler makes the the HP a bit more interesting and the tires works like s--t. Now, i will have to dig those tires and drag posts to find some hints !! I never thought i would have that traction problem with my conservative set-up for a 4300 pounders but, well, it's a nice problem to have.

CRUZTAKER
07-03-2005, 02:20 PM
So 30 degrees cooler makes the the HP a bit more interesting....
Just wait for a dry, sunny, 26 degree day next winter.

I cannot attest to any of that blower stuff...;) as I am not....but I have seen how the extreme cool weather makes my MM act : Insane on the rolling highway launches. :coolman:

MarauderTJA
07-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Well, as some of you might know, I had a FIT procherger installed about a week ago.

I've been a good boy all week, staying in vacuum and checking here and there that everything was OK.

Yesterday night, i bring my 12 years old son to "War of the worlds" and we're enjoying a 24 hr cold front to a low seventees temperature; 30 degrees cooler than on the install day.

There's virtually no traffic and since i'm feeling for it, i'm doing 2 pass. One with 3/4 throttle and the other to the flloor.

The first pass, i gas it too abruptly and the car stay there for about 1-2 second and then jump forward after it's done hole digging at about 7-8 pounds of boost. I guess we can call it a tricky one off the line. On the second one about a quarter mile away, i try to feather it a bit on the initial second but floor it to see what's up. This time, no hole digging but a 100 feets "residue" is left and i let it off 200 ft pass the intersection already over 70 miles an hour. Still not a good one off the line by racing standard but shure a fun one on the teenager scale. And we both have that Gee, we'have eaten a jacket hanger kind of smile !

So 30 degrees cooler makes the the HP a bit more interesting and the tires works like s--t. Now, i will have to dig those tires and drag posts to find some hints !! I never thought i would have that traction problem with my conservative set-up for a 4300 pounders but, well, it's a nice problem to have.
Welcome to the world of boosted, tire shredding horsepower:banana2:

MI2QWK4U
07-03-2005, 07:21 PM
The cool air is your best friend in the world. Cool dry air will make your car feel like a million bucks, no matter what blower you have.
Thats why my custom CO2 cryo system works so well. I didnt realize how well it worked untill last summer when a bunch of us were down at FFW Norwalk. The temp was 97* and it was humid. The cryo system lowered my Intercooler water temp from 123* to 73*. This in turn cooled the intake charge air going into the supercharger, in essance, tricking it into feeling like it was much cooler than it really was. The results were stunning, I ran times that were the same as I had run months earlier when it was 75*! The other Trilogy cars were running anywhere from .3 to .5 seconds slower due to the hot humid weather. Just wait till its cool and crisp in the fall, you wont believe how your car is going to run.