PDA

View Full Version : Source for Hurst 4 Speed Shifter Rebuild Kit ??

Thomas C Potter
07-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Anyone know of a source for rebuild kits that include the stainless steel bell-shaped 'spacers' ??

TP

torinodan
07-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Well, when I had my Torino I couldn't find those replacement parts by themselfs. What I did was buy a new Hurst "indy" 4 speed short shifter and use all the guts from it. It replaced all the parts and kept the car with a stock shifter. Thats all I have, sorry I couldn't help any more.

Wags
07-04-2005, 05:41 AM
TP,

Which shifter do you have? If it is a competition plus 4 speed, you can get the nylon spacers and other parts here: http://www.martelbrothers.com/catalog/HURST-Shifter-Hardware-p-1-c-1040.html

If you are looking for other parts not listed there, i have 2 4 spd competition + shifters laying around here somewhere. You are welcome to them, but they are pretty sloppy, and would need a rebuild. Hurst will also rebuild your shifter if you sent it out to them. i think they charge about $100 (I,m not sure about the number).

Wags

Thomas C Potter
07-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Thnx TD and Wags, good thoughts. Not sure what it is, my good friend is sending it to me soon, it is out of a stock '68 GS 400, so I assume not a comp. I'm helping him get this beast on the road asap. He's been w/o an old buggie for too long !! Hurst will not sell the bell shaped spacers, and they are 10 weeks out on rebuilds !! So I'll disassemble and clean and hope the apacers are ok for now.

TP

cyclone03
07-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Thomas,
Any chance an NHRA National event is coming your way soon?

The Mr.Gasket trailer services Hurst now and they offer rebuilds on site for racers.

Back in the day I would pickup Super Shifters and comp. Plus for next to nothing then have them rebuilt at the track.
Best day to go is Friday AM they'll charge a little but it won't be $100.

You may need to find a "friend" at the track with an NHRA comp. number but that wont be too much trouble for you I'm sure.
You are an FE guy right? :)

Racerx88
07-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Why not just contact Hurst/Mr. Gasket directly. They still offer the mail-in rebuild service. Clickety-Click HERE. (http://go.mrgasket.com/AskTechResults.aspx?brandID=0&ID=104713)