PDA

View Full Version : July Meeting Update: Cookout @ Frdwrnch's

frdwrnch
07-04-2005, 08:39 AM
WHAT: July Meeting of the Carolina Marauders-2nd Annual Cookout @ Frdwrnch's.
WHEN: Saturday July 9, 2005 12:00 pm until.
WHERE: 107 K-Line Rd. Indian Trail, NC 28104.
HOW DO I GET THERE? Take Charlotte's Outer Beltway I-485 to exit 52 Matthews. Go east away from Matthews towards Monroe. Continue at the Stallings Rd. stoplight. Approximately 1.5 miles on the right there will be a fence company with sections of fence displayed in front of the business. Turn right onto K-Line. I am the first house on the street on the left (not the corner house). I will try to secure the gravel lot across the street for parking like last year.

HOPE TO SEE Y'ALL THERE!

Agent M79
07-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Risking reinforcement of my reputation for dotting i's and crossing t's, here is a link to Google Maps that will give a visual to frdwrnch's directions.

Clickety (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=107+K+Line+Dr,+Matthews ,+NC+28104&spn=0.025058,0.044235&hl=en)

Note that it does not say 'Indian Trail' but says 'Matthews'. Don't let that throw you off the scent, it's just NC's way of befuddling tourist and yankees.

Marauderman
07-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Risking reinforcement of my reputation for dotting i's and crossing t's, here is a link to Google Maps that will give a visual to frdwrnch's directions.

Clickety (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=107+K+Line+Dr,+Matthews ,+NC+28104&spn=0.025058,0.044235&hl=en)

Note that it does not say 'Indian Trail' but says 'Matthews'. Don't let that throw you off the scent, it's just NC's way of befuddling tourist and yankees.
Very Impressive--Never seen something like that---cool Agent! :2thumbs:

mrjones
07-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Dang, I'm missing you guys meeting by a day! And I love free food!! Seriously, I'm coming to Charlotte for a conference 7/10-13, I wish I would make it in time to meet some of you guys, but I won't be driving up in the MM anyway.

Any suggestions on fun things for the wife and 7yo and 3yo to do while I'm at the conference?

dok
07-05-2005, 12:49 PM
We plan on being there. We will bring watermelon for the group.

Mrjones- If your kids are into amusement parks, Carowinds is on the south side of Charlotte. Your wife would probably enjoy South Park shopping center. WARNING: It is very upscale. Also on the northeast side of Charlotte is Concord Mills mall. It is primarily an outlet mall and is the #1 tourist attraction in the state. It also has lots for kids to see and do.

stevencory
07-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Can you belive it. It's been
A year already? Time is
Really flying by. There's
One great memory from
Last summer. It was the time
I went with Jean to meet
New friends near Charlotte
And have a BBQ.

Marauder here, Marauder there,
A bunch of Marauders make you stare.
Riders goin' by could have the thought
All of the owners of the cars lived
Under the same roof. There was no
Doubt when you smelled the grill air.
Even the smoke signals that
Rose up over the house
Said "Hot stuff, better watch out!"

Please count Jean and I in. We are bringing slaw.

See you soon!

SC Cheesehead
07-06-2005, 07:07 PM
The Cheeseheads are planning on attending as well.

We'll bring taco dip and a dessert.

SCCH

Butch
07-06-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm planning on being there. Don't know what time I will be there though....

I don't know what to bring, since I don't know what time I will arrive. I guess I will just show up, and if you need something, we can take a spin to go pick it up. Hope that is ok....

See ya!!!!

FordNut
07-06-2005, 11:22 PM
I plan to be there. Thanks for the invite!

03mmmonroe
07-07-2005, 06:08 AM
I plan to be there. Thanks for the invite!
Thank you for the invite also. My wife and I will be there. Russell & Dana Pryor TX- NC. 03mm. Please let me no if I can bring any thing. 704-281-4976.

frdwrnch
07-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Great! Looks like we're going to have a good turnout. I need to put a call out for some baked beans. Preferably seasoned w/ bacon or something. Pat is a vegitarian so real baked beans aren't quite her forte'. Looks like we have most items covered. I'm anxious to meet some of you for the first time and see Fordnut again as I have been negligent in my correspondence.
Now, back to clean the shop...

Marauderman
07-07-2005, 04:12 PM
We'll bring a 3-bean salad like last year--and like Butch--don't know when we'll be there---some new problems have occurred that may cause my MM to be a no show- --so disappointed---but --on the up-side--we'll get to see all yall and have some good food/talking/looking at cars and stuff....see ya..

Agent M79
07-07-2005, 04:38 PM
We're all about the baked beans w/bacon over here, man. We're on it. Maybe make a batch of BBQ baked beans too.

Marauderman
07-07-2005, 04:45 PM
We're all about the baked beans w/bacon over here, man. We're on it. Maybe make a batch of BBQ baked beans too.
..gotta watch yelling that "BBQ" word around much....next thing you know-Martyo will be droping in for some munching....he can smell that stuff from NY!!!.:lol:

TAF
07-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Wish I could be there...y'all have fun!

And if you're within a half-days drive of this folks...you should join....

THESE^^^are some of the finest folks you'll meet.....

martyo
07-07-2005, 08:54 PM
..gotta watch yelling that "BBQ" word around much....next thing you know-Martyo will be droping in for some munching....he can smell that stuff from NY!!!.:lol:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! BBQ!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
07-08-2005, 08:30 AM
The Cheeseheads are planning on attending as well.

We'll bring taco dip and a dessert.

SCCH:mad2: Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Just found out that I need to put some stuff together for a presentation next week; looks like I'll be here at the office all week end. &*#$@*& it!!

Looks like I'll have to pass this month, but we'd still like to host everyone down here for a pool party in August. How's Saturday the 20th sound to everyone?

Have fun, let me know about next month.

SCCH

Marauderman
07-08-2005, 05:37 PM
---some new problems have occurred that may cause my MM to be a no show- --so disappointed---

Notification just received--My MM will likely be there-problem earlier resolved--explain at cookout----a re-tune for new gears and fluid for new hiney --the rest will start on next week--this will give her her initial road feel before next weeks tranny upgrade and guage changes--anyway--and a need for a quick wash at the shop before coming over however---feel like a new DADDY!!!! Somebody hold me down!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

frdwrnch
07-08-2005, 05:41 PM
We'll miss you Cheesehead. I know how it is w/ unexpected surprises @ work. I hope to make MMIII and Woodward Dream Cruise next month. But if not, we'll be there.

frdwrnch
07-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Todd, thanks for the flattering words. You were the catalyst to get our group together and we greatly appreciate that! They just closed that Friday's restaurant where we had our first meeting. Tragic.

frdwrnch
07-08-2005, 05:49 PM
That's great Tom, I saw you were viewing when I was posting, can't wait to see you back on the road! Hope you have no gremlins. See you tomorrow.

FordNut
07-08-2005, 06:50 PM
See you tomorrow.
Russell,
Hope you have a spare crock pot or something to warm up and serve something in. Visiting family in Smithfield tonite, stopped to get a cooler and a gallon of the best Brunswick Stew ever.