PDA

View Full Version : Central Florida 7/9 Casselberry Meet

oldekid
07-08-2005, 06:51 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but the weather prediction for tomorrow sure isn't looking too great. I don't think I'm going to bother cleaning my car, and from the looks of things, probably not planning on being there Saturday night.

The best case scenario still calls for gusty winds and lots of rain. Worst case. . . well, I don't think anyone wants to go there. Let's hope Dennis still tracks west of us and a little more rain is all we get.

Everyone stay safe! :hide:

Rkammer
07-08-2005, 07:03 AM
Actually, the meet would be on Sat. the 9th, right? But, point taken on the weather. My car will be ready to go just in case we're in the 20% that doesn't get rained on but I'm not optomistic either. :bigcry:

By the way, is anyone planning to go over to Reinhart on the 22nd or 23rd for the Dyno Day? I'm planning on getting mine tuned if I can get the gears in by then. Anyone for a caravan? :)

oldekid
07-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Actually, the meet would be on Sat. the 9th, right?Thanks for catching that Ray, I have corrected the date on my original post.

Cobra25
07-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Actually, the meet would be on Sat. the 9th, right? But, point taken on the weather. My car will be ready to go just in case we're in the 20% that doesn't get rained on but I'm not optomistic either. :bigcry:

By the way, is anyone planning to go over to Reinhart on the 22nd or 23rd for the Dyno Day? I'm planning on getting mine tuned if I can get the gears in by then. Anyone for a caravan? :) Don't forget our Picnic on the west coast, July .24th.

oldekid
07-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Don't forget our Picnic on the west coast, July .24th.Cobra25,
If some of us do decide to come down, what is still needed in the way of food, drinks etc? My wife and I are hoping to make it, but aren't positive yet. If we do, I don't want to come down and look like a mooch.

We were all going to discuss this Saturday night, but it looks like that might not happen. I know some have already said they are coming. Hopefully everyone is monitoring this site and knows about it.

I think there will be a caravan. . . just not sure how big. I hope it's enough cars to cause Homeland Security to investigate. . .
:party:

Rkammer
07-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Regarding the rain vs our meeting tonight: I think, if the rain is light, I'll mosey over to the Casselberry Commons just to see if there are any more hardy souls. I'll go over as long as there aren't any high winds or tornado warnings. I live very close to that location. Any other possible takers? If it's raining we could always hang out in the Arby's or Patsios.

Cobra25
07-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Cobra25,
If some of us do decide to come down, what is still needed in the way of food, drinks etc? My wife and I are hoping to make it, but aren't positive yet. If we do, I don't want to come down and look like a mooch.

We were all going to discuss this Saturday night, but it looks like that might not happen. I know some have already said they are coming. Hopefully everyone is monitoring this site and knows about it.

I think there will be a caravan. . . just not sure how big. I hope it's enough cars to cause Homeland Security to investigate. . .
:party: All you have to do is send a PM to Bootlegger, Carfixer & Tallboy are also helping. They are buying all the food & drinks. All they ask is a donation toward the stuff. Let Bootlegger know who is going so they can buy enought for everyone. If you need the address send me a pm & I'll send it to you if you don't have it.

oldekid
07-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Regarding the rain vs our meeting tonight: I think, if the rain is light, I'll mosey over to the Casselberry Commons just to see if there are any more hardy souls. I'll go over as long as there aren't any high winds or tornado warnings. I live very close to that location. Any other possible takers? If it's raining we could always hang out in the Arby's or Patsios.Ray,
Yes, the word is that some of the guys are going to do exactly as you said. We'll meet there rain or not, and if necessary we'll find somewhere to hang out. I agree about the weather, if it's just a light rain and a little wind we'll be there. So far, things don't look too bad, but I'm not sure what is supposed to happen this evening.

Anyone else in Central Florida that wants to join in, please do. We would like to see as many there as possible, and no one will care about seeing dirty Marauders. I know I won't spend much time on mine.

We mostly want to discuss the picnic on the 24th. We need to let the guys down there know how many of us will be coming. We can decide on the plans for forming a caravan, time and place to meet, and who will be there. I know some of the members are making calls today to let everyone know.

Come on guys, there isn't much else to do on a night like this.

See ya there!

oldekid
07-09-2005, 10:33 AM
All you have to do is send a PM to Bootlegger, Carfixer & Tallboy are also helping. They are buying all the food & drinks. All they ask is a donation toward the stuff. Let Bootlegger know who is going so they can buy enought for everyone. If you need the address send me a pm & I'll send it to you if you don't have it.Thanks Cobra,
We are trying to get as many together tonight as we can to discuss it. I'm sure we'll have more information as to how many later this evening. I'll make sure that someone gets with Bootlegger with a head count. It's not a great day for a meet, but one member is making calls to let everyone know.

Donations will work. That makes it very easy for everyone.

Thanks for the info. We have the address and we're looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cobra25
07-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks Cobra,
We are trying to get as many together tonight as we can to discuss it. I'm sure we'll have more information as to how many later this evening. I'll make sure that someone gets with Bootlegger with a head count. It's not a great day for a meet, but one member is making calls to let everyone know.

Donations will work. That makes it very easy for everyone.

Thanks for the info. We have the address and we're looking forward to meeting everyone. Enjoy the meeting tonite & be careful of the weather. Yesterday Me ,Ghost03 & RoyPita went to the Tower Shops to hang out . The weather was a little windy, but nice, 1 hour later it got really nasty. Coludn't see 40-50 feet in front of my Marauder going home. Looking foward to meeting some of you at the picnic.

oldekid
07-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Enjoy the meeting tonite & be careful of the weather. Yesterday Me ,Ghost03 & RoyPita went to the Tower Shops to hang out . The weather was a little windy, but nice, 1 hour later it got really nasty. Coludn't see 40-50 feet in front of my Marauder going home. Looking foward to meeting some of you at the picnic.Thanks, we're trying to round everyone up here. The weather goes from breezy and partly sunny, to breezy and not so sunny. It hasn't really been bad at all here today. It's a little windier than normal, but we can handle that. We had some rain earlier, but nothing in the past few hours.

The picnic will be a great opportunity to see the faces that go with all of these screen names. I just hope we can get a good representation from the central part of the state to come down.

PAPAJOHN
07-09-2005, 12:22 PM
[]
I plan to make it to Cassleberry tonight --- will have a supply of the Florida Safety Calenders for everyone who makes it. I won't make the picnic, but will give a stack of calenders to take down there.

Rkammer
07-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I'll make it to Casselberry tonight. Orlando "never" has hurricane type weather!! ;)

oldekid
07-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks for replying guys. We are planning on going too. We'll probably be there between 5:30 and 6:00. Hopefully I won't get called in for work. Had one call already, and I hope that was it. Dang hurricanes!

oldekid
07-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks to everyone that showed up. We had 10 people/7 cars. That wasn't bad considering the weather. We all went to a local BBQ restaurant, and had a good time. We talked about the picnic, mods, and just general bullsh**t. We swapped stories, and had a few drinks.

My wife and I enjoyed the evening. We both agreed that we should all do this more often.

I have PM'd Bootlegger with the count for the picnic.

Rkammer
07-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Just want to tell everyone I met tonight how much I enjoyed the get together and the friensdhip. It'll help me enjoy my MM even more now that I'm part of an active ehthusiast's group. Thanks for making me feel welcome and I look forward to seeing everyone at the picnic, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. :beer: