PDA

View Full Version : Puter Help

Patrick
03-09-2003, 09:35 PM
I need a little help! I would like to put a pic or sumtin under my name like Big Merc did. how is this done?? I just want to add a personall touch to my post. I like the snoppy thing but I have few Ideas I would like to try. Just need help to figure out how to do this?

I luv the post here, I like the personall touches that everyone has added to thier post! I realy like the one "stay away from my maruder at the end of thier meassage" Thats cool!

All help is appreciated:bows: :bows: . Thanks Patrick

Nomad I sent you a note.

LincMercLover
03-09-2003, 09:39 PM
OMG... here we go again...

1) Find the picture you wish to post.
2) Find a place on the internet to upload your picture to that will "host" the picture (host- to allow access to using a url (url- a link to a web site (ie. www.wheresmypic.com/pic1.jpeg))).
3) With link in hand, go to Preferences section of MercuryMarauder.net
4) Under Profile, at the end or begining (whichever you prefere) type then the link, then . With NO SPACES.

Wa la!

Man, I need to get Logan to put this in the FAQ section...

Patrick
03-09-2003, 09:53 PM
first try

Patrick
03-09-2003, 10:17 PM
I didnt mean to be a pain in the ass!!!! Sorry to be a bother!!!! Just wanted to add a little personall touch to my post. Never mind. Getting pissed so better stop. Delete this post. Later.

RF Overlord
03-10-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Patrick
I need a little help! I would like to put a pic or sumtin under my name like Big Merc did. how is this done??

Pat:

What you want is called an avatar...click on "preferences" at the top of this page, then "edit options" and you'll see the section on adding or changing an avatar. Also, there's a "test forum" just for fooling around with your sig, pix, etc. Click on "forums", then scroll to the bottom...

LincMercLover
03-10-2003, 06:29 AM
Oh... under your screen name? I thought you were talking under your posts (as you put your name at the end of it.). That requires a little more effort because there's a size and umm... size limit. You'll need to make sure you crop your picture down to those specs (listed on the preferences/avatar page).

Didn't mean to sound abrupt with you... Sorry if I did.

Patrick
03-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Still a bit :po: .

First I luv this forum!! And I am still getting used to this group. And I am not a puter literate!!!! So I ask for help. So when the Mod slams you, your in, well upset me.

I have come here with probs with my MM and have found so much help. I even had help with my miagranes. :bows: .

In the future I wil try not to make anyone upset. I just to be part of this forum and in someway help and make it better, If it can!!! Sorry for carring on , just needed to vent off a little steam. Water under the bridge and:beer: on me!!!!!!

TAF
03-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Patrick,

Don't get frustraited, man. I've been here over 9 months and I still can't do most of the stuff (including inserting :censor: quotes correctly).

Here's what you do...find somebody on here that has changed their avatar, send 'em a PM, ask them how to do it and I know they'll help you....'K?

Patrick
03-10-2003, 05:32 PM
A little Bunny sent me some help:D . :bows: :bows: .

TAF
03-10-2003, 05:39 PM
He's a good man...he'll help ya...

Patrick
03-10-2003, 06:39 PM
I figured the 8 ball was appropriate for sum reason!!!!:D :D Hope they are no hard feelings big merc???

CRUZTAKER
03-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Man, I need to get Logan to put this in the FAQ section...

LML: It's not a FAQ, but the basic explaination IS on the site (VB CODE HELP). It's just an issue of new users finding it. I actually found it right away, just couldn't make it work.

Patrick
03-10-2003, 06:50 PM
:confused: ??

LincMercLover
03-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Well, we're getting enw members everyday. And most are inexpirenced to VB forums, but want all the goodies in their posts that the more expirenced members have. Understandable... Granted, I jumped to the OMG thing, but I was just kidding around, giving Patrick a hard time. Damn internet and meaning of words thing again! Once again, I wasn't out to slam you by any means. If anything, I misunderstood your question to begin with, so I should be the one getting :flamer:.

No big deal though. You know how to do it now, and the next person who asks me how to do it (for the 1,490,083,991 time...), I'll direct them you way! :D

Patrick
03-11-2003, 02:56 AM
Lets move on !~:flamer: :coolman: :coolman: