PDA

View Full Version : Got-r-done!!!!

Marauderman
07-09-2005, 05:05 PM
MY MM IS BACK ON THE ROAD--YAHOO!!! 90 DAYS

I am as excited as a new daddy---I guess you could say #3 rebuild
( Mac and Marto head of me-- and MarauderMark soon to follow) is out and about on the roads--
Got her out and on her maiden voyage-- we took her to our monthly Carolina Marauder Meet and frdwrnch's cookout- check another thread on that elswhere I am sure later-- anywho!!!

We had to de-tune her for 4 rpm and no boost pass 4 so I would be careful --I have got to put about 500 + miles on engine first before we do an oil break-in change and then dyno the beast and set the standards for others to follow---sorry --couldn't help myself---

My baby sounds so strong and we still have several things yet to do --minor in nature----will be doing the J-mod and tranny pan upgrade Tuesday (thanks Barry) and then pillar guages and addition of two more --total of five----relocating boost to pillar as one--

Anyway--just wanted to let all know she is back and sounds awesome..and she is basically a GM that is loud know for "break-in" period---But I don't care

Practically had to get re-familiarized with all the controls--:lol:

OH --yeah--thanks to "Butch" from our club , we/he put on the new DR Pro Guard this morning and it is so cool--with a few modifications --took pics---

don't know where to stop and where / what to mentioned--should have prepared a speech--:lol:--- am so excited-=---

Note to MarauderMark--your gonna go crazy---take it easy at first--don't forget breakin time and retune-----see you all-- hope tomorow is pretty--I have some break-in miles to put on---OH how difficult to do --:lol:.......Tom

Smokie
07-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Congratulations Tom, 90 days....:eek: You must be really happy, I hope you get a beautiful day tomorrow so you can rack up those break in miles.:D

MarauderMark
07-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Yeah definantly congrats Tom on a car well done ..Boy i really wish i could come down there and ride around with you for the day or so, ya know i am excited to read about your car just like it was mine .this thread makes me feel better :) ..
Dennis (one hell of a guy) is going to do the engine break in for me so when i picker up it's ready .have fun and keep us posted .. :D

SergntMac
07-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Congrats, my friend. Many miles of shear pleasure (and shear terror too, I suppose) wait for you.

There is a certain comfort, a peace of mind (and heart), in building a custom forged engine, that I never appreciated before.

Back when I was a kid, I built my own engines, but all I was looking for was "faster". Longevity never crossed my mind, next week was a year away. Being competitive in more than one style of racing at a time, was being stupid. Today, it's all different.

Every time I want to try something new, whether it's a mod, a driving distance, or, a race style, I think to myself "she can handle it", and I just...Go! It's never felt better.

I've been back to the streetcorners I lived on in the '60s with my Marauder. The store fronts are all changed, strip malls replaced most of the screen doors. It's not a hang-out anymore, and no one is hanging out there anymore either. But, it's the same pavement, and I'm back on it again.

Back like never before with this car, because THIS is a Marauder. Lemme go round dablock one more time, just so y'all can see her one more time. Yeah, I like how my wheels light up your faces bling...Again, blink. Gotcha, yeah dude, it's 4400 pounds, and runs mid 12s...Go ahead, swallow, naw it's cool. Everyone chokes.

Enjoy yourself, Tom, be safe.

Marauderman
07-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Congratulations Tom, 90 days....:eek: You must be really happy, I hope you get a beautiful day tomorrow so you can rack up those break in miles.:D
Thanks Smokie--will be watchn the weather for sure-------

Marauderman
07-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah definantly congrats Tom on a car well done ..Boy i really wish i could come down there and ride around with you for the day or so, ya know i am excited to read about your car just like it was mine .this thread makes me feel better :) ..
Dennis (one hell of a guy) is going to do the engine break in for me so when i picker up it's ready .have fun and keep us posted .. :D
Thanks Mark---Wish you were here too---stop by here on your way back after picking yours up so we can meet--hell--you'll love the extra miles out of your way---not to worry--they go by faster now--:lol:--stay tuned--Tom

Marauderman
07-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Congrats, my friend. Many miles of shear pleasure (and shear terror too, I suppose) wait for you.

There is a certain comfort, a peace of mind (and heart), in building a custom forged engine, that I never appreciated before.

Back when I was a kid, I built my own engines, but all I was looking for was "faster". Longevity never crossed my mind, next week was a year away. Being competitive in more than one style of racing at a time, was being stupid. Today, it's all different.

Every time I want to try something new, whether it's a mod, a driving distance, or, a race style, I think to myself "she can handle it", and I just...Go! It's never felt better.

I've been back to the streetcorners I lived on in the '60s with my Marauder. The store fronts are all changed, strip malls replaced most of the screen doors. It's not a hang-out anymore, and no one is hanging out there anymore either. But, it's the same pavement, and I'm back on it again.

Back like never before with this car, because THIS is a Marauder. Lemme go round dablock one more time, just so y'all can see her one more time. Yeah, I like how my wheels light up your faces bling...Again, blink. Gotcha, yeah dude, it's 4400 pounds, and runs mid 12s...Go ahead, swallow, naw it's cool. Everyone chokes.

As always Mac--your so darn correct---yeah---let those folks here you--see ya and look again----a second time around --oh yeah--I know the feeling and the look--I got to relive it once again in traffic today--and I still haven't ungraded the exhaust yet--those Magnaflows are even louder --well they should be--break-in will be like my hitch in service--when will it ever end--??

\..........and thanks for the congrats....will e-mail you my funny larger rim/tire story---ended with good results --but as most storys go--wasn't headed that way at first----thanks again--Tom

MarauderMark
07-09-2005, 06:44 PM

Kinda poetic .Good thought:up:

fastblackmerc
07-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Kinda poetic .Good thought:up:
Tom, maybe I'll get to see her this Tuesday? ... hint... hint..... :D

TAF
07-10-2005, 05:49 AM
Congrats Tom! Glad to hear you are back in the saddle again, my friend... :up:

Marauderman
07-10-2005, 06:00 AM
Tom, maybe I'll get to see her this Tuesday? ... hint... hint..... :D
Actually, I have to take her back to the shop after work Tuesday ...so yeah--may be and she'll be getting the other upgrades done---so will be without for a few more days--buts that ok---hope the rain stays away---see ya..Tom

Marauderman
07-10-2005, 06:03 AM
Congrats Tom! Glad to hear you are back in the saddle again, my friend... :up:
Thanks Todd--nice to hear from you again--your so busy = don't see you much here lately--uh..need to call you about exhaust work-----know anyone in the bnusiness..cough..cough..looki ng for knowledgeable people with reasonable rate.....Tom