PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Motive Prods Pwr Brake Bleeder

Thomas C Potter
07-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Nothing terribly exciting here, but maybe some of you have not seen one yet. It worked very well, I used 22 psi at start of each caliper bleed. Trickiest thing is getting the units cap onto the master cyl, tight fit and you need to support master cyl's reservoir by the bottom. I was concerned the air bubble at top of hose would push air into brake system, but flow rate is low enough that it was not a problem. I used Valvoline's syn dot 4. I put 1.5 qts in tank and used about 1.1 qts to bleed. Cost was 50$ from Trackhaus.

BK_GrandMarquis
07-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Trickiest thing is getting the units cap onto the master cyl, tight fit and you need to support master cyl's reservoir by the bottom.

Yup, I have the universal kit. Got it almost two years ago when I put in my stainless steel braided lines. I had the same problem with getting the cap to seal. Once I got that, bleeding was smooth. I think I have to do it again soon. The fluid looks like it getting darker. Contamination maybe?

Fourth Horseman
07-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Nice. I could have used that this week after putting on my TCE brake kit. Had to round up help for bleeding the brakes, but that pressurized system would have been a lot easier.

Warpath
07-13-2005, 07:28 PM
I used it here too on my Cobra. It was very difficult to get the cap on. I had to be very carefull. I can see some stress marks on the reservoir. I could see myself dumping fluid everywhere when removing the cap with the bleeder full. So, I just pumped up the bleeder empty (and the reservoir full) to 10 psi. Worked fine except I had to refill the reservoir often.