PDA

View Full Version : World's Fastest Marauder

Jerry Barnes
07-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey Folks, I never would have thought it possible, but Trilogy #1 ran a 11.29 ET at 121 mph at the Fun Ford Norwalk event today. As far as I know, Lidio was the fastest Marauder before this at 11.47 ET. I ran 11.90 on Friday and Saturday was a disaster with very poor track conditions which resulted in a 12.7, 12.025 and a 12.059. I was using Nitrous for the first time and could not get the car to hook on Saturday. It was so bad I almost lost control of the car running next to Mike Z. which would have put me in the side of his car in the next lane. Mike Z. will post the official time slip later today.

I want to thank all the folks that supported us (Mike Z., Dave, Bradley, Phil, Kanako, etc.) and as always Dr. Lidio for the great job of rebuilding the Motor, Trans and the great tune. When the car hooked this morning, it was unbelievable!!!!!

It's pretty funny seeing grown men hugging each other at the end of the drag strip next to the timing booth and jumping up and down!!!!

I can honestly say that with colder air and some other minor modifications I fully expect to be in the ten's this fall. Anyway, I am still unloading the truck and trailer so I will give everyone more details later.

It was a great weekend with great friends!!!!!! It doesn't get any better then this!!!!!

Jerry

GarageMahal
07-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Awesome :)

Tallboy
07-10-2005, 01:39 PM
YeeHaa! Way to go, Jerry! Absolutely amazing! I only wish I was there to see it in person. Can't wait 'till August!:beer:

Bluerauder
07-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey Folks, I never would have thought it possible, but Trilogy #1 ran a 11.29 ET at 121 mph at the Fun Ford Norwalk event today. ...... When the car hooked this morning, it was unbelievable!!!!!
Jerry
Congrats, Jerry !!! :congrats: and Way to Go. :up:

Rick-n-Miami
07-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Wow! This is very cool!

What all have you done to it to get these numbers?

G-Man
07-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Outstanding!! Congrats on a job well done:banana2:

MarauderMark
07-10-2005, 01:52 PM
You go Jerry!!!Well it's great that someone can get low 11's let alone 10's..Need video so we all can enjoy as much as you guys.. :D

Smokie
07-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Jerry that is one fantastic time and the potential for 10's is there, you make us MM. owners very proud today.:bows:

jgc61sr2002
07-10-2005, 02:10 PM
A job well done. :congrats: :D :up:

martyo
07-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Very nice Jerry! Looks like my boys in Atlanta are going to have to get busy and quick!

carfixer
07-10-2005, 02:44 PM
That's great Jerry, nice job. Sounds like Trilogy 1 turned out to be the monster you set it out to be.

Did the track officals give you any grief about not having a cage...?

MI2QWK4U
07-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Congrats Jerry! Thats an awesome time. The way the track was yesterday, I was wondering if any of us would post good times. Mike hit a new personal best, and Jerry shattered all best records with that smoking run of his. Norwalk was a great time and MVIII is right around the corner! Enjoy it Jerry, you earned it and NO ONE worked harder getting to the top than you.

Cobra25
07-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Congrat's on the great E/T Jerry. It's going to make alot of us wonder what else we have to do now.

MikesMerc
07-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Well here she is!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68 78&stc=1

Congrats Jerry :beer: :banana: :bows:

Woo Hoo! and check out that trap speed!!!!! That's a record breaker too :banana2:

It was simply awesome being there when Jerry set the new world record for the world's quickest Marauder. We were both jumping up and down and screaming like we'd just won the lottery:D The guy in the time slip booth thought we were nuts.

I'll let Jerry post the details but basically the number one car has the following:

Rebuilt short block, stock compression and bore, some forged internals
Trilogy kit with 2.8 pulley
90mm Mass Air meter and 60lb injectors
100 shot of NOS (dry system)
Rebuilt trans with hardened bands and shift kit
Auburn rear, 4.10 gears, and custom 31 spline axles
Kooks headers and exhaust
Focus fuel pump

I think that's about it. The real awesome aspect of the car is that it is completely ungutted and has every creature comfort still in place. This is no chopped up race car. In addition, the heads, cams, and compression is stock. So basically its the Trilogy kit plus the NOS doing all the work.

What a Weekend! Three days of racing, personal bests, world records, and just hanging out with good freinds at the best track in the country at Norwalk. This was the stuff life long memories are made of :beer:

RoyLPita
07-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Very nice. Keep up the good work, Jerry.

Smokie
07-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Tires and wheels, what is Trilogy 1 using to stick to the pavement????

MikesMerc
07-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Jerry is using the typical widened rear stock rims and Nitto drag radials. That's it. All suspension is stock I beleive.

Simply amazing times for an 80 degree day. The track was just perfect this morning compared to the greasy condition on Saturday.

With a cooler day loooooooow 11s are a sure thing...maybe even a high 10?

Marauderman
07-10-2005, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=Jerry Barnes]Hey Folks, I never would have thought it possible, but Trilogy #1 ran a 11.29 ET at 121 mph at the Fun Ford Norwalk event today. As far as I know, Lidio was the fastest Marauder before this at 11.47 ET. I ran 11.90 on Friday and Saturday was a disaster with very poor track conditions which resulted in a 12.7, 12.025 and a 12.059. I was using Nitrous for the first time and could not get the car to hook on Saturday. It was so bad I almost lost control of the car running next to Mike Z. which would have put me in the side of his car in the next lane. Mike Z. will post the official time slip later today.

I want to thank all the folks that supported us (Mike Z., Dave, Bradley, Phil, Kanako, etc.) and as always Dr. Lidio for the great job of rebuilding the Motor, Trans and the great tune. When the car hooked this morning, it was unbelievable!!!!!

It's pretty funny seeing grown men hugging each other at the end of the drag strip next to the timing booth and jumping up and down!!!!

I can honestly say that with colder air and some other minor modifications I fully expect to be in the ten's this fall. Anyway, I am still unloading the truck and trailer so I will give everyone more details later.

It was a great weekend with great friends!!!!!! It doesn't get any better then this!!!!!

Jerry[/QUOTE

Numbers to shoot for for sure--WOW!-- Congrats=-

Hack Goby
07-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Glad to hear that you beat on the beast.We will see how long your time will hold up.Hopefully a long time.Awsome.I didn`t fair as well with #2 but it was a great four days.Thank you for letting me show the car.We made alot of new fans at Mt,Clemens and Bakers. :D

STLR FN
07-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Mt turn My turn. :D :rolleyes:

Anyway great job there Jerry. I have some friends who call the Marauder a boat dragging an anchor, well guess it's a speed boat now.

Lidio
07-10-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm bumbed i didnt get to see it. I didnt need to be at the track that early on Sunday morning :sleepy: because of the class I was in, so I missed it :cry:

Congrats Jer and I hate to give up the title but you and T-1 earned it. I guess I'm just gona have to step it up more on my end ;)

Jerry Barnes
07-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to post my time slip. And thanks to all of you for your support!

Couple of other little things to add to Mike's list:
Battery in the trunk
Balanced drive shaft
K&N cold air kit

And once again, a big thanks to Dr. Lidio for doing such a great job on the car!!!!

It's really great to have friends that share in the fun of being competitive in a good way. If everyone could hear how we kid one another about our mods, runs and assessories, it's pretty funny! I really never expected the car to run this well. Lidio, Dave and Mike Z. have very fast cars and I really never thought I would be in that league. Not to mention Zack, MartyO, Mark, Sarg, the Florida gang and others. It's pretty amazing when you go out on our local drag strip, Woodward Ave., and you see people driving ricers, Corvettes, Vintage Muscle Cars, etc. saying "hey don't mess with those guys, their very fast". It's a lot of respect we get from a lot of other very fast people. Who would have thunk?

I have never been a big drag racer, but I'm addicted now!

Dave and Mike have done a great job of MarauderVille III, can't wait to see everyone! Bring your race fuel(smile).

Jerry

jobrien8
07-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Was there when you called Darryl and told him of your accomplishment. Let me offer up my congratulations. Hope you hold the record for a long time.

Smokie
07-10-2005, 06:41 PM
....Hope you hold the record for a long time.Actually Jerry, I hope you don't that record long at all.....think 10's.:cuke:

sailsmen
07-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Congrats. :bows:

I hope the title isn't held for long, as in a better time is ahead! :D

Merc-O-matic
07-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Hey Folks, I never would have thought it possible, but Trilogy #1 ran a 11.29 ET at 121 mph at the Fun Ford Norwalk event today. As far as I know, Lidio was the fastest Marauder before this at 11.47 ET. I ran 11.90 on Friday and Saturday was a disaster with very poor track conditions which resulted in a 12.7, 12.025 and a 12.059. I was using Nitrous for the first time and could not get the car to hook on Saturday. It was so bad I almost lost control of the car running next to Mike Z. which would have put me in the side of his car in the next lane. Mike Z. will post the official time slip later today.

Jerry
Jerry, Congratulations on a terrific run....11.29. Great to see you(this AM)
and the Trilogy Marauder in action. Also, enjoyed talking with
Lidio Iacobelli (class guy) about Marauder performance and Ford racing.
Great bunch of guys all around. :D
AL

Gotta Love It!

Bradley G
07-10-2005, 08:22 PM
OK I'm Back!,

Where to start?
A huge thanks to, Jerry B (Owner and CEO of Trilogy Motor Sports & "The Fastest Marauder on the planet!") Big Dave, Mike Z. Kanako and Phil.
What great friends!
The Brotherhood and generosity was incredible!
Congradulations to Jerry for his feat!
Though he had a few humbling experiences,
He had a passion to, make a statement, with the car he loves.
I was proud to be witness, as the realization occured.
Anyone who has the notion, to join in the Fun At MVIII, I urge you to.
This is going to be the best Event, We have ever had the opportunity to be invited to. I can't Wait!!!
HeY!,... Lidio used SMILIES! Thanks for your Expertise! You Definatly earned
Dr. Lidio!
Bradley {where's my kit?} G :D

bigslim
07-10-2005, 09:31 PM
First off let me start by saying "Way to go Buddy". I felt very honored to have a "good" friend call me and tell me the good news. Thanks for being a friend Jerry. No one deserves this more than you. This is what happens when great products are teamed with a great car.

BillyGman
07-10-2005, 10:38 PM
WOW!!! 11.2's :eek: ....... that's incredible. I wonder what kind of TQ & HP #'s that beast is puting to the wheels. Congratulations Jerry. :banana2:

MarauderTJA
07-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Great job Jerry. You make us Marauder owners proud:banana2:

RF Overlord
07-11-2005, 10:08 AM
^^^what they all said^^^

:up: Jerry
:up: Lidio
:up: Trilogy's whole design team

TopCat
07-13-2005, 05:45 AM
My hat's off to Jerry and the Trilogy folks-great job!:)

Bluerauder
07-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey Folks, I never would have thought it possible, but Trilogy #1 ran a 11.29 ET at 121 mph at the Fun Ford Norwalk event today.
Jerry
Are we gonna see this new top time in the Timeslips section ?? :rolleyes:

stevengerard
07-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I sure hope I can have a "disaster" of 12.05. Congrats - that's awesome. Oh, and next time I see you, I'll be sure to give you a hug - does there need to be a timing light near by?