PDA

View Full Version : I need some info please!

Cheeseheadbob
07-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I know they say if you have to ask, you can't afford it, but I would like to get some information regarding the process for supercharging my '03 MM. If I have to start setting aside some golf money to pay for it, I want to know how many rounds I am going to miss. Thanks in advance for the help! Bob J.:beer:

jgc61sr2002
07-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I know they say if you have to ask, you can't afford it, but I would like to get some information regarding the process for supercharging my '03 MM. If I have to start setting aside some golf money to pay for it, I want to know how many rounds I am going to miss. Thanks in advance for the help! Bob J.:beer:

Too Many. :D

Mike M
07-13-2005, 01:12 PM

I will simplify it for you; basically there are 3 popular options being Dennis Reinhardt’s Vortech centrifugal supercharger, Trilogy’s roots style and F.I.T.’s centrifugal using a ProCharger brand.

Watch the responses this next statement gets!!!!

All 3 kits put out the same HP and almost the same torque. All 3 kits will put your
Marauder into the mid 12’s with good tires. All 3 kits are of very high quality. I have never heard a bad thing about any of these kits or the people who sell them or install them.
The only 2 interesting differences I see are the ProCharger from F.I.T. is cheaper and a lot less labor intensive to install.

This post may get pulled or at least will generate many reactions but I believe it is very accurate.

merc
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM
I will simplify it for you; basically there are 3 popular options being Dennis Reinhardt’s Vortech centrifugal supercharger, Trilogy’s roots style and F.I.T.’s centrifugal using a ProCharger brand.

All 3 kits put out the same HP and almost the same torque. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/people/2guntruck.gif

Bold statement, I will not be needing this any longer http://www.olive-drab.com/images/body_armor_interceptor.png.

Cheeseheadbob
07-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Thank you for your candor. Can I have the ProCharger sent to me and have a reputable high performance shop put it in, or do I have to ship my MM off and have it done?

All 3 kits put out the same HP and almost the same torque. All 3 kits will put your
Marauder into the mid 12’s with good tires. All 3 kits are of very high quality. I have never heard a bad thing about any of these kits or the people who sell them or install them.
The only 2 interesting differences I see are the ProCharger from F.I.T. is cheaper and a lot less labor intensive to install.

This post may get pulled or at least will generate many reactions but I believe it is very accurate.

Mike M
07-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Bold statement, I will not be needing this any longer http://www.olive-drab.com/images/body_armor_interceptor.png.

Incoming! Incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike M
07-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Thank you for your candor. Can I have the ProCharger sent to me and have a reputable high performance shop put it in, or do I have to ship my MM off and have it done?

You can order a kits and have it UPS, or you can ship out your car like I did.

prchrman
07-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Cheeseheadbob...it might be a good time to take cover...incoming...OBTW...a good wrench can put it on...willie

Cheeseheadbob
07-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Where would the car be shipped, and what kind of turn around are we looking at. I would imagine having the equipment installed by the people who make it may be the better choice. If somehow shipping the car does not work, do the components come with schematics, install procedures, etc...
You can order a kits and have it UPS, or you can ship out your car like I did.

Cheeseheadbob
07-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Would a "crow foot" wrench do the trick?
Cheeseheadbob...it might be a good time to take cover...incoming...OBTW...a good wrench can put it on...willie

HwyCruiser
07-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Call Greg at 913-302-5780 or visit www.superchargemyride.com for info on the Procharger kit. See the other vendor forums for thier offerings.

Me and Greg are swapping Marauders tonight to beat on them for awhile to check out each other's mods and tuning adjustments, so he might be busy hiding his valuables.

I'm so going to lose against my Marauder. :D

MikesMerc
07-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Here's the first incoming bombshell:)

All 3 kits put out the same HP and almost the same torque.

Although this statement is true, every potential buyer should know that there is FAR more to power production than peak numbers. In fact, there are two more important factors than peak hp and tq numbers. These being:

1. How much total area there is under the hp and tq curves, and

2. Where in the rpm band power is made.

Both of these items will predict true performance far more accurately than peak numbers. I would suggest every person considering a supercharger look into these concepts.

Tallboy
07-13-2005, 03:24 PM
I will simplify it for you; basically there are 3 popular options being Dennis Reinhardt’s Vortech centrifugal supercharger, Trilogy’s roots style and F.I.T.’s centrifugal using a ProCharger brand. All 3 kits will put your
Marauder into the mid 12’s with good tires.This is simply not true. No matter whose kit you buy, the kit alone will not put a stock Marauder into the mid-12s even if you run slicks. At a minimum, gears will be needed to achieve this.

SergntMac
07-13-2005, 04:08 PM
If I have to start setting aside some golf money to pay for it, I want to know how many rounds I am going to miss.
Ummm...All of them? Once you're supercharged, you won't be making any time for golf, you'll be out flogging your Marauder instead.

BTW, flog is golf spelled backwards, and you're about to dedicate every recreational second of your life to another sport, Maraudering.

In brief, drop the pings, pal, and remember, no sandals in a race car.

SergntMac
07-13-2005, 04:21 PM
All 3 kits put out the same HP and almost the same torque. All 3 kits will put your Marauder into the mid 12’s with good tires. All 3 kits are of very high quality. I have never heard a bad thing about any of these kits or the people who sell them or install them.
I respect what you are trying to say, Mike, but we should let the vendors speak for their own products. The advertised performance gains of the 3 kits mentioned are not equal, and none of the vendors promise mid 12s from their kit on a true bone stock Marauder.

In all fairness to the vendors mentioned, we should direct Bob to contact all 3 vendors and learn for himself. There are so many variables among our supercharged Marauders, an honest answer seems impossible.

Rider90
07-13-2005, 04:30 PM
In all fairness to the vendors mentioned, we should direct Bob to contact all 3 vendors and learn for himself. There are so many variables among our supercharged Marauders, an honest answer seems impossible.

Wise words. Ya'll better listen or the MM.net Peace Team has to get involved.
http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/239am.jpg

Cheeseheadbob
07-14-2005, 06:48 AM
How in the hell did you know I wore sandals? Since you got that one, please pick me out some lottery numbers so I can afford this beast!!!
Ummm...All of them? Once you're supercharged, you won't be making any time for golf, you'll be out flogging your Marauder instead.

BTW, flog is golf spelled backwards, and you're about to dedicate every recreational second of your life to another sport, Maraudering.

In brief, drop the pings, pal, and remember, no sandals in a race car.

prchrman
07-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Would a "crow foot" wrench do the trick?

Crow foot might work...but for me the reverse adjustable valdium chrome plated left hand metric fitall does the job...but its a good ideal to keep a spud wrench on hand also...willie

Cheeseheadbob
07-14-2005, 07:16 AM
A Snap-On truck comes by about twice a week. Can I pick up one of those bad boys from him?
Crow foot might work...but for me the reverse adjustable valdium chrome plated left hand metric fitall does the job...but its a good ideal to keep a spud wrench on hand also...willie

prchrman
07-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Yes...get the new comfort hand fit model with nut size indicator and mini fan with halogen light...willie...oh yeah get some high viscosity nonslip antifreeze agent with sprinkles

Cheeseheadbob
07-14-2005, 07:30 AM
I heard the only way these particular wrenches work up to their potential is to coat them with liquid dessicant!
Yes...get the new comfort hand fit model with nut size indicator and mini fan with halogen light...willie...oh yeah get some high viscosity nonslip antifreeze agent with sprinkles

Wires
07-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Do most of you supercharger folks leave your engine (internals) stock? How many have done engine modifications before supercharging? How many have had to do them AFTER supercharging (and maybe had to buy a block too.)

The Subaru guys all follow the same upgrade path, some go farther than others:

1. exaust, basic mods to add power/engine managment.
2. slightly larger turbo, injectors, tuned very conservatively.
3. tune it a little less conservatively, or, not so llightly large turbo
4. blow engine with stock internals
5a. replace engine with stock, stay too big with the turbo, back to step 4.
5b. replace engine with stock, go back to step 2 and stop.
5c. build forged internal engine, stay with large turbo
5d. build forged internal engine, go to INSANE turbo, blow forged internal engine, go to step 5a, 5b, 5c, or 5d, depending on money.

I guess what I'm asking is, how difficult is it to make more power than the engine can handle - either with supercharger, nitrous, etc.

Or, in other words, how much more must one spend in addition to the cost of the supercharger itself?

snowbird
07-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Do most of you supercharger folks leave your engine (internals) stock? How many have done engine modifications before supercharging? How many have had to do them AFTER supercharging (and maybe had to buy a block too.)

5d. build forged internal engine, go to INSANE turbo, blow forged internal engine, go to step 5a, 5b, 5c, or 5d, depending on money.

I guess what I'm asking is, how difficult is it to make more power than the engine can handle - either with supercharger, nitrous, etc.

Or, in other words, how much more must one spend in addition to the cost of the supercharger itself?All 3 supercharger kits for the Marauder can work with the stock engine and can be tuned to avoid your step number 4. You have to be ready to miss the last 25 or 50 horsepowers though.

If you want to really have the most, then the risks raise by a 10 or 20 factor and you're in for step 4; and 5a or 5b or 5d shortly after if you're ill advised. I would suggest a step 5c./wiseguy which would:
5c./wiseguy build forged internal engine, go back to step 2 and stop.

That's a dull one granted, especially comparing with the looping 5d, but it's nice to reach your destination on the car own power, not on flatbeds !

maraudernkc
07-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Wires, there is no perfect answer to your question but IMO you can take a stock Marauder motor and run 10 degrees of timing and make over 400 supercharged RWHP and be very safe. If you are out there running the sh## out of it everyday than your engine life will decrease just as it would without a supercharger.

BillyGman just turned 20k with his Trilogy kit and is still going strong. Anytime you add a couple hundred RWHP to your car there is always a chance.

What will kill a cast motor faster than anything is detonation. You can have a great kit but if you don't have a great tune you ain't got squat.

You can buy a complete forged shorblock for about $3000.00 and that is a 2003 new Romeo Cobra block that is cast.

Thanks, Greg

Or, in other words, how much more must one spend in addition to the cost of the supercharger itself?

SergntMac
07-14-2005, 08:35 AM
5C here, and I've painted myself into a corner. I'm having a hell of a time putting together a traction program.

maraudernkc
07-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Serg, that is a good problem to have. :burnout:

5C here, and I've painted myself into a corner. I'm having a hell of a time putting together a traction program.