PDA

View Full Version : 20,000 mile S/Cer review:

BillyGman
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I now have 31,000 miles on my 2003 Marauder, and having installed the Trilogy supercharger when the car had 11K on it's clock, that adds up to 20,000 supercharged miles. So far so good. I haven't any complaints in the least. The Trilogy/Eaton supercharger keeps pluggin' away flawlessly, and my car still runs fantastic like the day I installed this S/Cer. This car is so much fun on the street, that I won't even get into details about that, since street racing stories seem to be NOT politically correct with some members here. I just want to say a BIG thankyou once again to Trilogy Motorsports!!!

shakes_26
07-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Billy..... looking at your avatar I can't help but think the CT State Patrol must have you on their speed dial for riot disappation, I can't see a horde being able to stand much less breathe through that..that..that mushroom cloud of rubber!

Smokie
07-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Any repairs in the engine compartment? Accessory belt replacement?

BillyGman
07-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Billy..... looking at your avatar I can't help but think the CT State Patrol must have you on their speed dial for riot disappation, I can't see a horde being able to stand much less breathe through that..that..that mushroom cloud of rubber!Yeah, I knew there had to be some legitimate use for that. :D

BillyGman
07-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Any repairs in the engine compartment? Accessory belt replacement?Not really. I did replace the standard Gates blower belt and accessory drive belt with the Goodyear "Gatorback" belts. But that was during the first month and was merely my preference to choose the Gatorback belts instead of the standard ones. I like them better because they're beefier, and more durable. To my rememberence, they're about $25 a piece though. But I didn't have to replace them. I simply chose to.

Smokie
07-13-2005, 06:13 PM
No repairs in 20k sounds good, the accessory belt replacement seems like it is not a 5 minute job....:)

BillyGman
07-13-2005, 06:17 PM
No repairs in 20k sounds good, the accessory belt replacement seems like it is not a 5 minute job....:)Maybe not 5 minutes, but it isn't that bad. About 20 minutes actually. The only replacement parts I've had to buy has been rear tires for some reason. :confused:

maraudernkc
07-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Billy, That is fantastic. I know you have never driven your Marauder hard. :bs:

I can tell by your video that you baby her.

Congrats on 20K with no problems. Jerry built a great kit! :)

BillyGman
07-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Me?...... Drive hard?.... NAAAAAAHHHH......

RoyLPita
07-14-2005, 03:59 AM
Maybe not 5 minutes, but it isn't that bad. About 20 minutes actually. The only replacement parts I've had to buy has been rear tires for some reason. :confused:

Nice tradoff: 2 tires= very nice leather jacket.

Bradley G
07-14-2005, 04:06 AM
I think it was four tires, But I bet Billy smiles each time he puts it on!:D

Bradley G

Nice tradoff: 2 tires= very nice leather jacket.

BillyGman
07-14-2005, 05:30 AM
Uhmmm....actually it was 4 tires, and practically a third pair also.:rolleyes: So at $79 per tire, well.....do the math.:( So I kinda payed for that jacket anyway, and then some.But what can you expect for a 4+ minute lomng burnout vid? And besides that, it was a whole lot more fun than going shopping at the mall for a leather jacket would've been. :D