PDA

View Full Version : What Tips do I have???

Breadfan
07-14-2005, 08:22 PM
After meeting Bluerauder I realized thanks to his keen eyes that my Marauder doesn't have stock tips. They're not the Megs at all...not stock, not deletes. they've actually got resonators in them. I believe my mufflers are after market too but I don't have pics and they most likely will have a brand name on them.

Haven't spotted a brand name on my tips just yet. Maybe its up top...

Anyway, I do have some pics of them. No not dedicated pics, but some of the pics I have of the car cuaght them.

Wanted to post the pics and see if maybe someone here knows what tips they are. I like them, and my car sounds good, but I'd like to know what I have.

My car was bought used on memorial day, had 17,900 on the clock, previous owner obviously kept it clean and did some mods. (Came with the SS Inserts too!!)

bigslim
07-14-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't know what kind of plumbing that is. It surely is not the stock tips.

Marauderjack
07-15-2005, 03:20 AM
Looks like MAC chrome tips.....I had some like that on a 1995 Z-28 Camaro!!?? :rolleyes:

I saw the car a few weeks ago and they are VERY RUSTY now!!! :mad:

If I were you I would get the Megs delete tips and install....Better sound from what I understand and look OEM!! :bows:

Marauderjack :D

Bluerauder
07-15-2005, 04:17 AM
After meeting Bluerauder I realized thanks to his keen eyes that my Marauder doesn't have stock tips.
Although it doesn't show well on the photos, what caught my eye was "dimples" and "nubs" on the inside of the pipes. You have to look really closely at photo #1 to barely see them. :D

So Mike .... you gonna be at the Manassa Burger King tomorrow at 4 PM ???

wchain
07-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Those are definitely not stock or delete tips!

HwyCruiser
07-15-2005, 06:29 AM
Appears you have silencers inserted inside aftermarket tips.

What mufflers are on the car? Maybe the previous owner tried the silencers to cut down on drone. If they are silencers, there may be a set screw through the tip that holds them in place.

Breadfan
07-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Although it doesn't show well on the photos, what caught my eye was "dimples" and "nubs" on the inside of the pipes. You have to look really closely at photo #1 to barely see them. :D

So Mike .... you gonna be at the Manassa Burger King tomorrow at 4 PM ???
I think I will be there around 4pm. I'm hoping to go to the Mustang Club even for 7ish in Chantilly, but my parts for the 'stang didn't come in time so looks like I'll drive the Marauder to both.

I'll take the oppurtunity to go under and see what mufflers I have and aslo get some better pics.

The silencers in the tips appear to be welded in. As for rust, the whole system looks brand new, no signs of rust at all. We'll see how the tips hold up.

Was thinking I may eventually pick up a set of Meg's deletes and do the screw on/off flange trick so I can swap tips out easily, and in case my tips go bad I'll have a set of OEM looking Meg's.

Breadfan
07-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Another view...more pics this weekend...

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/cars/IMG_2349.jpg

GreekGod
07-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Tips make the man! ...or woman?....or do they?
I don't know what kind of plumbing that is. It surely is not the stock tips.

Breadfan
08-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey here's some closeups finally!!

DEFYANT
08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I dunno about the tips, but this:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70 87

...reminds me of the planet eater from the Star Trek episode "The Doomsday Machine"

I will now return you to your previously programed thread. :D

Marauderjack
08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
They must be pretty quiet with all of that baffling inside?? :confused:

How do they sound??

Marauderjack :D

SergntMac
08-01-2005, 02:28 PM
That looks like chambered pipe custom welded into the tip.

Have you looked at the rest of your exhaust system? This might be a big PITA, but if you could find a hoist somewhere and photograph the entire system, we may be able to learn more. You may have more junk, but you may also have an exotic exhaust system we haven't seen yet. Pics of the manifolds from under the hood (driver's side show best) may also be helpful here. Thanks in advance.

Breadfan
08-01-2005, 06:33 PM
I can get more pics, and atleast put her on ramps and get under with the camera.

The CAM'ers took a look with me Sunday...its pretty much a cat back, no one is sure what the mufflers are either. Also appears I only have 2 cats.

This is turning out to be an even bigger mystery. :)

The manifolds appear stock...but I will do my best to get pics of the whole system.

One reason I'd like to know is personally I think the car sounds GREAT. It rumbles softly at idle, but quiet in the cabin, no resonance, and when you punch it you get a really sweet sound. It's quiet but rumbling on the highway. Never intrusive but you know it's there...

Maybe I'll take my vid camera out and get some videos and post them on my website...

wchain
08-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Thats a Bubb Rubb System, didnt you guys pay attention? :rolleyes:

RoyLPita
08-02-2005, 10:38 AM
What does it say on the end of the tip?
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70 88

From what I found out from the muffler shop who handles our warranty repairs, they could be off of a Harley or Suzuki Marauder.

Motorhead350
08-02-2005, 10:42 AM
I like the stock ones more, but those look great too.

Motorhead350
08-02-2005, 10:44 AM
hey look in the pic we can see you talking the pic and a silver marauder to your right. ;)

Breadfan
08-02-2005, 10:49 AM
hey look in the pic we can see you talking the pic and a silver marauder to your right. ;)
Yup I think that's Defyant...we were at the July CAM meet. :)

I don't think the tips say anything on them, I'll check the backside again, if there is anything written I missed it last time I looked. I'll double check though.

Thanks for helping me figure this out!