PDA

View Full Version : happy, happy(car all fixed)

looking97233
03-10-2003, 04:36 PM
It's ready!!!!

Been at the dealer for almost two weeks.

When replacing the dash pad, they somehow broke the center console (s**t happens) took a week to get a new one.

I get to go pick it up now.

looking97233
03-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Ughh. The new dash has scratches all over it.

What's a guy got to do to get a good part from ford? (I've had problems with ford parts before, lasted two years until I sold the car.)

LincMercLover
03-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Just keep taking it back until they get it right. That's what I'm doing with my seay they messed up.

RCSignals
03-10-2003, 10:34 PM
I must have missed it. What was wrong with the first dash?

You sure the problem with the replacement isn't with the guys who handled it and installed it at the dealership?

looking97233
03-11-2003, 07:58 PM
RC-

The Dash had wrinkles in it. I guess that is a good way to put it. Anyway the got the new part, took my car apart, opened the box of the new one, new one was broken. Got a call from them, they said car taken apart new dash broken in the box, air shipped one in from ST. Thomasville, instal, broke center console when installing, wait almost another week to get new center console, install. Get a call, car done, got to get car, two big gouges in top of dash, worse than the wrinkles that were in the origional. Dealer says, they will call me when they decide what to do.

RCSignals
03-12-2003, 09:12 PM
That's too bad. I'm thinking though it probably was the guy who broke the console that gouged the replacement.
Why bother installing a gouged part?

"decide what to do" is funny. It's simple. They have to redo it until they get it right!

looking97233
03-12-2003, 09:32 PM
RC-

I am going to give them some time to come to the right decision, they (Ron Tonkin L&M) told me that they noticed some small issues with the paint on my car and said they would fix. Most likely a good buff and polish. I bought the car from Dick Hanna in Vancouver, they told me that the paint was just as good as any other car off the line, and that they would not fix it. That if I wanted to they would set up an appt. with Mercury's rep. and he could tell me the same, then the issue would be forever closed since the word came from Mercury. Basicly Hanna told me yes there are defects in your cars paint, no we are not going to fix it, get screwed. Ron Tonkin says they will have it fixed, so if it takes them a few days to decide to order another new dash, that's okay. As long as everything gets fixed in a decent timeframe.

RCSignals
03-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Sounds like They are taking care of you. I don't blame you for not going back to Hanna.

looking97233
03-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Stopped by the dealer today to see whats up. They are ordering all new parts, and calling in a guy to look at the paint.

WolfeBros
03-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Way to go Looking. Make them make it right for you. :up: