PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco checking in

DeepSea117
07-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Just joined today, because I finally took delivery of my Marauder early this morning. It doesn't seem there's a lot of Marauder owners in the Bay Area, so hello to all the California and other West Coast folks.

I've been wanting the marauder since I first heard of it in 2002, so this journey for finding the Marauder for me took close to three years. I finally found the one I was looking for at the end of June, and after a rollercoaster couple of weeks and a trip to Minnesota, I finally have it! I've been on here many times as a guest to get my fill of pictures from the different members, so I figured it was time to give back. As soon as the detailing gets done, I'll be posting pictures.

There's a big learning curve and an amazing backstory about getting a car from MN to CA, but if anyone needs any help, I"ve been through and know the hoops. Especially since there's not many Marauders in California for sale.

MM03MOK
07-18-2005, 07:01 PM
:welcome: to our Marauder Home!

jdando
07-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Congratulations on the new-to-you Marauder! This site is great!

jeremy in MN

Bluerauder
07-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Just joined today, because I finally took delivery of my Marauder early this morning.
Congrats and welcome :welcome: to the MM.Net from the east coast !!! Happy Maraudering and enjoy that MM grin. :D

GarageMahal
07-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Welcome :) Sorry to hear about one leaving the state but sounds like it found a good home.

jta

DeepSea117
07-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Sorry about that, hello to everyone else around the country too!

GarageMahal, I know what you're saying about the car leaving the state--the rules made it really hard for the car to leave. :) I still have to battle California DMV (oh boy), so this Marauder is probably gonna be the only car ever I'm going out-of-state for. I didn't know in Minnesota that the owner keeps the title (even when owing). Learn something new every car!

I'm thinkin there aren't many Marauder owners out in California, period, especially since they never seem to turn up on any of the car search engines. But thanks for the welcome, folks! And don't mind me if I lean on yall for information sometime, because I don't know much about Ford cars. Straight newbie!

kartherma
07-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Welcome!!

Bay area is a bit north, but you have a few MM friends down here in the San Diego area to work with! Good luck with the Marauder. And better luck trying to get the perma-grin straightened out as you experience all the joys of the Marauder.

Keep checking back to the west coast section, there is a very active group up in the Emerald City that seems to do alot and of late a few of us down here have tried to get some stuff rolling. There are a number of LA folks and they are active also, so you do have a few!!

be good, Curt

teamrope
07-19-2005, 06:27 AM
Welcome!!

Bay area is a bit north, but you have a few MM friends down here in the San Diego area to work with! Good luck with the Marauder. And better luck trying to get the perma-grin straightened out as you experience all the joys of the Marauder.

Keep checking back to the west coast section, there is a very active group up in the Emerald City that seems to do alot and of late a few of us down here have tried to get some stuff rolling. There are a number of LA folks and they are active also, so you do have a few!!

be good, Curt

Don't forget Valleyman is in Fresno and I believe Sactown is in Sacramento. I seem to remember another member in Galt (or somewhere in that neck of the woods) but I can't recall the screen name.

I've ben known to swing down threw the Big Valley once in a while to visit my folks down Mariposa way.

As Gordon likes to say, Welcome to the collective. :)

daunted
07-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Welcome DeepSea, I have a silver '04, out in Brentwood, (Antioch, Pittsburg) area. Just joined today myself. Had visited this site many times but never logged it to converse. Mostly used the vendors sites.
Daunted.

Just joined today, because I finally took delivery of my Marauder early this morning. It doesn't seem there's a lot of Marauder owners in the Bay Area, so hello to all the California and other West Coast folks.

I've been wanting the marauder since I first heard of it in 2002, so this journey for finding the Marauder for me took close to three years. I finally found the one I was looking for at the end of June, and after a rollercoaster couple of weeks and a trip to Minnesota, I finally have it! I've been on here many times as a guest to get my fill of pictures from the different members, so I figured it was time to give back. As soon as the detailing gets done, I'll be posting pictures.

There's a big learning curve and an amazing backstory about getting a car from MN to CA, but if anyone needs any help, I"ve been through and know the hoops. Especially since there's not many Marauders in California for sale.

hitchhiker
07-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Welcome!

Greetings from Woodland, CA

Hitchhiker

:D

jgc61sr2002
07-21-2005, 08:10 AM
DeepSea117 - Welcome to the MM site. :welcome: Enjoy your new ride. :D

jgc61sr2002
07-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Daunted - Welcome aboard. :D

daunted
07-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Daunted - Welcome aboard. :D
Thanks much jgc.
daunted.

LordVader
07-25-2005, 09:11 AM
:) Welcome to both DeepSea and Daunted. Two newbies in one day!! Ton of information here and more everyday. Enjoy those grins..they won't ever wear off.

huot5
07-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Welcome new guys, from the East coast .:hug2: .

dbrown4bbl
08-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Welcome to MM - I got one in El Cerrito, only seen two others on the raod - Two, total, since I bought mine February 2003. Talk about exclusive, huh?

DAB

dflynn5
08-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Welcome guys. I bought my silver 04 in Jan '04 and they are rare indeed. I live in Tracy and commute the #&^#% I-580.

By the way, you should have no problem with the Marauder and the DMV. It has Ca emmissions. I brought a 96 Impala SS and a 88 Monte Carlo SS from out of state and other than the pain of going to the DMV, it was straight forward. Of course the buying price I put down raised some eyebrows from the nice lady in the DMV. :rolleyes:

Sactown
08-03-2005, 05:37 PM
A big :welcome: to DeapSea and Daunted! MM's are pretty rare on the road around here. My latest siting was a black one a few weeks ago driving to Stinson beach..no time to stare on that twisty road. That makes about a 1/2 dozen I've seen in a 1.5 years of MM ownership. Good to see more NorCal people showing up.

Sactown
08-03-2005, 05:45 PM
....I live in Tracy and commute the #&^#% I-580.

Yuck. That route gets worse by the week. Where are you driving to?

dbrown4bbl
08-04-2005, 09:26 AM
That would have been me in the black MM on the way to Stinson a few weeks ago! Damn, couldn't get a clear stretch of road, either!

I've seen exactly two MMs - I saw one at Down Home Music in El Cerrito a month or so ago, and I saw one on I-80 by Hilltop. Both Black, haven't seen a silver one although I do see the silver Crown Vics occasionally.

Would love to get together over an adult beverage sometime and compare notes -

DAB

Sactown
08-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I was in the Mustang so you didn't miss me flying by in the MM. We were escaping the Sacramento heat that day. Strange to drive an hour west and drop about 40 degrees. I've never been on that road before, talk about the ultimate twisties! No amount of suspension upgrades would make me feel OK flying on that road. One mistake and you're fish food. To make it worse, the fog was rolling in when we were driving in that morning, just a big white sunlit soup everywhere you looked. That was simply eerie!

That would have been me in the black MM on the way to Stinson a few weeks ago! Damn, couldn't get a clear stretch of road, either!

I've seen exactly two MMs - I saw one at Down Home Music in El Cerrito a month or so ago, and I saw one on I-80 by Hilltop. Both Black, haven't seen a silver one although I do see the silver Crown Vics occasionally.

Would love to get together over an adult beverage sometime and compare notes -

DAB

DeepSea117
08-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Welcome guys. I bought my silver 04 in Jan '04 and they are rare indeed. I live in Tracy and commute the #&^#% I-580.
Of course the buying price I put down raised some eyebrows from the nice lady in the DMV. :rolleyes: Haha that's what i'm talkin about.

Speaking of owners the Bay Area, I saw a Marauder for the first time in about 3 years. The guy works a couple of minutes from where I do! Yall know that feeling you get when you see what might be a Marauder, and how you feel when it doesn't end up being a dry hump (like a Crown Vic with Marauder pipes). I had to stop and say what's up to the guy, who bought his 03 from Stanford LM.

69 Resto-Mod CP
08-20-2005, 10:21 AM

:rolleyes:
I'm out in Tracy too. I have not seen a silver MM here yet....I have seen two other black ones.... one with a sunroof and one without....

Oh - and dflynn5.... try Tesla Rd. to get around the commute and have some fun!! Only 1 hour to 680...lol

dflynn5
08-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I go Patterson Pass as I work in Oracle (previously PeopleSoft). That way is fun too unless you get some sunday drivers up front. For a big car, the handling is surprisingly good.

I'm out in Tracy too. I have not seen a silver MM here yet....I have seen two other black ones.... one with a sunroof and one without....

Oh - and dflynn5.... try Tesla Rd. to get around the commute and have some fun!! Only 1 hour to 680...lol

69mach1
08-20-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm in Poway just north of San Diego. I've seen a total of 4 MM's including mine, that even includes a trip to Chico with no sightings. Mine is a Silver 04, Navchaps is the dark blue and then there are two other black MM in the Poway area. It's nice not seeing yourself every where you go :)

Excellent website! Great info.

Welcome aboard :burnout:

69mach1

AKA Jon

torinodan
08-20-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm in Poway just north of San Diego. I've seen a total of 4 MM's including mine, that even includes a trip to Chico with no sightings. Mine is a Silver 04, Navchaps is the dark blue and then there are two other black MM in the Poway area. It's nice not seeing yourself every where you go :)

Excellent website! Great info.

Welcome aboard :burnout:

69mach1

AKA JonOne of the 2 black Marauders might be mine being in the Carlsbad area and I like to drive everywhere.