PDA

View Full Version : Painting Party

SouLRioT
07-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Ok, so tonight I am now in debt for the rest of my life......I just finished all the paperwork on the purchase of a Townhome. For those interested the place is two stories with 2 bedrooms 2.5 bath, coming to just under 1300 sq ft. I know some/most of you have had your own home for awhile, but this is my first. But here comes the fun part, I need to competely repaint the interior of the place. Who's interested in a painting party??? Send me a PM if you dont already have my phone number. Its going to be on July 30th (31st if needed). Thanks to all that are interested......Bill

shakes_26
07-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Claude, can I get that Torque converter installed on the 30th? :)

MarauderMarc
07-22-2005, 05:06 AM
Id be more than happy to help......Just let me know....

SouLRioT
07-22-2005, 06:31 AM
Shakes, I set it up with Claude that he will be closed next weekend, and that there is an APB to have all Marauders stopped and questioned.

Thank you MarauderMarc for you help, I'll talk to you more about it on Sunday.

Bluerauder
07-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Ok, so tonight I am now in debt for the rest of my life......
Welcome to the club and thanks for helping to boost the economy !! :D Congrats on your new home !! :congrats:

RoyLPita
07-22-2005, 07:34 AM
I believe that I will be working all day & have a "Hot Date" that evening.

SouLRioT
07-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the club and thanks for helping to boost the economy !! :D Congrats on your new home !! :congrats:

Thank you, I'm always trying to do my part to save the economy.

And Brian, for you, I'll let you slide on this one then. Otherwise I'd have you dragged out of work to help out.

ghost03
07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
We can still drag him out of work for the day and let him go on his hot date later....

Cobra25
07-22-2005, 06:19 PM
We can still drag him out of work for the day and let him go on his hot date later.... I think we should just drag him out of work for the fun of it, tie him up & make him watch everyone paint.

MaLo03
07-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Congratz on you new home. I will be happy to help out.

RoyLPita
07-23-2005, 04:31 AM

I was just busting your chops about this. I can help after 3PM that saturday. Keep me posted.

MarauderMarc
07-23-2005, 09:04 AM
I was just busting your chops about this. I can help after 3PM that saturday. Keep me posted.
Yeah right.....she called the date off didnt she?????:)

RoyLPita
07-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Yeah right.....she called the date off didnt she?????:)

I'll never tell.....

Cobra25
07-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah right.....she called the date off didnt she?????:) :bs: I heard , but you didn't hear it from me ,that he called it off, I was told he was looking for a old, fat rich women so he could retire early. But like I said, you didn't hear it from me! :shake:

djv5150
07-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Is that the 30th,South florida school for the blind dance. Dam I can't make that one.

shakes_26
07-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Spoke with Soulriot about an hour ago, apparently there was a 2nd floor Washer hose blowout and a flood ensued.

Therefore until further notice, painting operations are suspended. He'll make an announcement as to when they shall be reinitiated.

Rob, looks saturday is open again.

Marc

RoyLPita
07-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Oh man. That is not good, what-so-ever.

SouLRioT
07-25-2005, 06:45 PM
I guess this is my first welcome to home ownership with out even moving in yet. Its not a pretty site, but Stanley Steemer is there now doing what they can, and then we'll be getting a dry wall guy to take care of the ceilings and walls. Carpet will need to be replaced aswell as the fans. Got to take the good with the bad I guess. One really good thing is that my new/future neighbors were just beyond what words can say. They were there helping suck out the water and helped the past owner who still had his stuff in there out and and dry. I dont want to take up too much of your time, but thank you for reading this and thank you to the local guys that were going to show up for the support on painting.

the_pack_rat
07-25-2005, 09:12 PM
That sucks.

I remember back in NJ we had a leaky skylight after some strong rain & winds ... that caused some minor damage in our den.

Somone we knew recommended getting a public insurance adjuster.

He got the claim where they paid to re-do most of the 1st floor & even part way up the stairs into the second floor.

As he was writing it up ... I was chuckling to myself there was no way in hell the would ever go for that. The den was at the back of the house - then you came thru the kitchen - passed the dining room & living room on the one side ... then you were pratically at the front door. Sharp RH turn was the stairway to the second floor. The public adjuster said the paint would never match right w/o blending that far :eek: . As anal as __ I __ am ... even I wasn't buying into all this :shake: .

Believe it or not ... the insurance co's adjuster came out(as did the public adjuster to meet with him) ... looked it all over & discussed it with the public adj ... & they paid for everything he wrote up to be done !.

I had the guy that professionally re-painted in there just before we moved in ... come back & fix the ceiling & drywall where the leak was. I didn't even have to move my gargantulous 5-piece wall unit & un-do all my AV stuff (right under the area water stained) ..... nor did he even need to repaint the whole wall down the carpeting(and it wasn't that we were hiding anything behind the wall unit - all that was fine).

The match was near PERFECT ... he was the MAN !.

And needless to say it cost me NOTHING near ... for what I got on the claim.

shakes_26
07-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Bill, may I suggest tile instead of carpet......... :)

SouLRioT
07-26-2005, 05:16 AM
I dont want to make this a whine fest, but I dont have insurance (yet), its a townhome so all you can get is contents, and I figured that I had nothing in it so no insurance needed. But we are looking at this as a chance to do some upgrades that were needed. Since I'm going to be in more debt, what do you think about suround sound in the walls? All that I can say is that I'm FUBAR.