PDA

View Full Version : Trilogized Marauder vs. 03/04 Vette

BillyGman
07-21-2005, 02:02 AM
Since I've Installed the Trilogy supercharger kit on my Marauder well over a year ago(along with the Nitto drag radials), I've hurt many LS1 engine equipped Camaro SS owners' feelings (they're no match, although they do give me an interesting run). But the few times I've seen late model Vettes, there's always been a lot of traffic around, and I don't go crazy in heavy or moderate traffic.

But yesterday there it was........

a Red 2003/2004 Vette:D (either/or ...I have a tough time telling those two years apart). And the guy drives by me through a parking lot, and jumps on and off the go pedal hard to get my attention (friends, I must admit, that this was difficult to pass up with a main state route right near by, and no traffic ahead of us). He pulls out on the stretch of highway right after that attention getter. I say "highway" because this is a main route, and very open at that particular portion with highway speeds. Although this isn't any thru-way void of traffic lights. The traffic lights are far between eachother, and there are gaurd rails and wide open shoulders on each side of the road.

So I just happen to be going his way.;) He pulled out of the parking lot and out on the road awhile before I did, because I didn't go chasing after him through the parking lot just because he jumped on the gas pedal and made some noise as soon as he saw my car. I was stealth about it, but very interested. So I figured he would be gone by the time that I got out onto the road. But Lo & behold, he was haulted by a traffic light right after pulling out. So by the time I got out onto the road, I figured he would be long gone, but to my surprise, there he was in the lane to the lefthand side of me as I'm pulling up to the red traffic light myself. And I couldn't believe it, but there wasn't anyone in front of either one of us with a clear and wide road ahead void of traffic, or side streets.

I looked over at him, but didn't see anything because of his extremely tinted windows (I hate tinted windows. Particularly when they're closed). So I just waited for the light kinda wondering what he would do, but waiting for him to make the first move. Green goes the light, and he takes off getting the jump on me since I was waiting for him. I walked it out of the hole with half-pedal a little bit, and then I nailed it.....

By that time he had one and a half car lengths on me, but it didn't matter.:D When I instructed that 9.5 LBS of boost to turn on with my right foot by burying the pedal in the carpet, this 4,200 LB BLACK tank immediately sprouted wings and took off....... in other words, it was like..... "Kid, press the little RED button"......"and you might want to put on your seat belt"...(what movie?)......(but in reality I was alone in the car, as was the Vette owner too in his car).

...well, I then wanted to put the eight-track Elvis tape in at that point, because my car just rocketed past his car, and passed him at 60 MPH, and although I heard his engine reving hard in addition to mine, there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. I swear it must have looked to him like afterburners coming out of the sides of my car like in the first "MIB" flick in that tunnel they went in(was it the Lincoln Tunnel?).

After I passed him he tried to keep up with me for another couple hundred feet, but I just continued to walk away from him, and then we both let off since it was very clear, and I had atleast three car lenghts on him after having to play catch-up. Had I not waited for him at the light, he would've never been 1.5 car lengths ahead of me to begin with, and he wouldn't have got the jump like that, and therefore I would've been four, if not five car lenghts ahead of him when it was over and we let off instead of three car lenghts. But I'll take the three thankyou.

We both mellowed out after that, and stayed mellow. And rightly so since there was some traffic up ahead. He cruised by me, and I looked over at him, thinking his window would come down, and he just jumped on and off the gas quickly again like he did in the parking lot, and so when I passed him mellow like up ahead, I rolled down my window and shrugged my shoulders at him like:dunno: as if to say "What happened?" and so then he acknowledged me by beeping is horn as I went by, so I stuck my hand out the window and gave him the thumbs up. :cool:

Donna
07-21-2005, 03:47 AM
:2thumbs: Way to go BillyG :D . And I know you love wearing that big grin smile doing this........
Donna

Since I've Installed the Trilogy supercharger kit on my Marauder well over a year ago(along with the Nitto drag radials), I've hurt many LS1 engine equipped Camaro SS owners' feelings (they're no match, although they do give me an interesting run). But the few times I've seen late model Vettes, there's always been a lot of traffic around, and I don't go crazy in heavy or moderate traffic.

But yesterday there it was........

a Red 2003/2004 Vette:D (either/or ...I have a tough time telling those two years apart). And the guy drives by me through a parking lot, and jumps on and off the go pedal hard to get my attention (friends, I must admit, that this was difficult to pass up with a main state route right near by, and no traffic ahead of us). He pulls out on the stretch of highway right after that attention getter. I say "highway" because this is a main route, and very open at that particular portion with highway speeds. Although this isn't any thru-way void of traffic lights. The traffic lights are far between eachother, and there are gaurd rails and wide open shoulders on each side of the road.

So I just happen to be going his way.;) He pulled out of the parking lot and out on the road awhile before I did, because I didn't go chasing after him through the parking lot just because he jumped on the gas pedal and made some noise as soon as he saw my car. I was stealth about it, but very interested. So I figured he would be gone by the time that I got out onto the road. But Lo & behold, he was haulted by a traffic light right after pulling out. So by the time I got out onto the road, I figured he would be long gone, but to my surprise, there he was in the lane to the lefthand side of me as I'm pulling up to the red traffic light myself. And I couldn't believe it, but there wasn't anyone in front of either one of us with a clear and wide road ahead void of traffic, or side streets.

I looked over at him, but didn't see anything because of his extremely tinted windows (I hate tinted windows. Particularly when they're closed). So I just waited for the light kinda wondering what he would do, but waiting for him to make the first move. Green goes the light, and he takes off getting the jump on me since I was waiting for him. I walked it out of the hole with half-pedal a little bit, and then I nailed it.....

By that time he had one and a half car lengths on me, but it didn't matter.:D When I instructed that 9.5 LBS of boost to turn on with my right foot by burying the pedal in the carpet, this 4,200 LB BLACK tank immediately sprouted wings and took off....... in other words, it was like..... "Kid, press the little RED button"......"and you might want to put on your seat belt"...(what movie?)......(but in reality I was alone in the car, as was the Vette owner too in his car).

...well, I then wanted to put the eight-track Elvis tape in at that point, because my car just rocketed past his car, and passed him at 60 MPH, and although I heard his engine reving hard in addition to mine, there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. I swear it must have looked to him like afterburners coming out of the sides of my car like in the first "MIB" flick in that tunnel they went in(was it the Lincoln Tunnel?).

After I passed him he tried to keep up with me for another couple hundred feet, but I just continued to walk away from him, and then we both let off since it was very clear, and I had atleast three car lenghts on him after having to play catch-up. Had I not waited for him at the light, he would've never been 1.5 car lengths ahead of me to begin with, and he wouldn't have got the jump like that, and therefore I would've been four, if not five car lenghts ahead of him when it was over and we let off instead of three car lenghts. But I'll take the three thankyou.

We both mellowed out after that, and stayed mellow. And rightly so since there was some traffic up ahead. He cruised by me, and I looked over at him, thinking his window would come down, and he just jumped on and off the gas quickly again like he did in the parking lot, and so when I passed him mellow like up ahead, I rolled down my window and shrugged my shoulders at him like:dunno: as if to say "What happened?" and so then he acknowledged me by beeping is horn as I went by, so I stuck my hand out the window and gave him the thumbs up. :cool:

martyo
07-21-2005, 03:49 AM
:2thumbs: Way to go BillyG :D . And I know you love wearing that big grin smile doing this........
Donna

Donna: Where is my leather jacket? :confused:

BillyGman
07-21-2005, 03:51 AM
DonnaOh yeah!! Thanks Donna. :D

Donna
07-21-2005, 03:54 AM
Donna: Where is my leather jacket? :confused:
Just sent you a PM......I need to talk to you about this........:rolleyes:

Bradley G
07-21-2005, 03:59 AM
That will teach that guy to tint his windows so dark, and keep 'em closed, and mess with BGM! :nono:

WTG Billy !

BillyGman
07-21-2005, 04:17 AM
That will teach that guy to tint his windows so dark, and keep 'em closed, and mess with BGM! :nono:

WTG Billy !LOL......hey Brad, did you get your Trilogy kit delivered yet?

Donna
07-21-2005, 04:50 AM
LOL......hey Brad, did you get your Trilogy kit delivered yet?:P He came over to Trilogy and picked it up this past Tuesday. Brad...have you started your install yet ???? :rolleyes: I think I read on another thread he had an urge to rip into the boxes .:banana:

Tallboy
07-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Great story, Billy! I wish I was there. Next time I'm in Connecticut, you'll have to show me where this all went down...:up:

BillyGman
07-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Great story, Billy! I wish I was there. Next time I'm in Connecticut, you'll have to show me where this all went down...:up:Sure thing Chuck.

Bradley G
07-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Not yet :alone:

I have not even peeked inside!
For all I know ,it might be filled with cinderblocks!:P :jk:

:P He came over to Trilogy and picked it up this past Tuesday. Brad...have you started your install yet ???? :rolleyes: I think I read on another thread he had an urge to rip into the boxes .:banana:

MarauderMark
07-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Grrrrrreat Kill !!! And whats really cool about it was , it was a vette ..Ha ha ha wtg Billy..Oh The movie was Mib But do you remember this one? "Hit the blower , Hit the blower"...

Donna
07-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Not yet :alone:

I have not even peeked inside!
For all I know ,it might be filled with cinderblocks!:P :jk::P Now, would we do that to you????? Cinderblocks no, shipping peanuts yes :D . I can not believe that you have not peeked inside yet, since you were like a big kid at Christmas time waiting to get your new toy.......:D

Joe Walsh
07-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Awesome kill Billy!!!

I bet his jaw fell into his lap when a "black taxi cab" walked his Vette!!! :awe:

Bluerauder
07-21-2005, 05:32 PM
When I instructed that 9.5 LBS of boost to turn on with my right foot by burying the pedal in the carpet, this 4,200 LB BLACK tank immediately sprouted wings and took off....... After I passed him he tried to keep up with me for another couple hundred feet, but I just continued to walk away from him, and then we both let off since it was very clear, and I had atleast three car lenghts on him after having to play catch-up. . :cool:
WTG Billy and way to represent !! :2thumbs:

Bradley G
07-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Thinking to myself after returning from "Cruise night" (featured car this week, You guessed it)
"I can't wait to smoke, some snobby Vette!"
My lucK,... I'll pick the guy, with the Whipple twin screw and the intercooler the size of a Big screen!:o

Mike M
07-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Congrats on the victory, tell me what Nittos (size and model) and do you have widened rims please.

Thanks...Mike

Rider90
07-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Congrats Billy, too cool. I mean the weight difference alone. Awesome.

And don't be hatin' towards the guys with tints :pimp: I can't stand people looking at me at stop lights.

Merc-O-matic
07-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Nice kill Billy....we all can sit a little taller in the saddle! :rasta:

Gotta Love It! :beer:

woaface
07-21-2005, 10:02 PM
That is the perfect term for this exercise!

I giggled with anticipation and joy as I read this story. It's just TOO good!

Reminds me of the Vette Logan dusted when I was his passenger during a bout across Indy.

Logan guns the car and creams this guy in a Vette and I tell my dad on the other line "No, that's NOT me driving." and the pull up side by side later and Logan modestly says "Nice ride." while the guy replies "You have a erm...supercharger in that thing?" "Yup, 460 on the ground." and the guy just kind of gave an affirming look.

Too funny!

Awesome kill Billy!!!

I bet his jaw fell into his lap when a "black taxi cab" walked his Vette!!!

BillyGman
07-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Grrrrrreat Kill !!! And whats really cool about it was , it was a vette ..Ha ha ha wtg Billy..Oh The movie was Mib But do you remember this one? "Hit the blower , Hit the blower"...No Mark, you have me stumped with that one. I don't think I've ever seen a movie with those words in the script. But I might have forgotten. So which one was that?

BillyGman
07-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Congrats on the victory, tell me what Nittos (size and model) and do you have widened rims please.

Thanks...MikeYes Mike. wheels were widened to 9.5" by Lidio. I just called him, and gave him the plastic money #, and told him that i wanted him to get me a whole new pair just for widening, and make them whatever size thay have to be for the P305/45/18" Nitto drag radials. That way, even though I use the DR's on and off the street, if I ever want to go back to the standard width radials, then I stil have my 8" mags for the back also.

But after two sets of the Nitto's, I haven't wanted to go back to the standard radials yet. They're fine in the rain too, until they start to get close to being bald, and then you have to be very careful about your speeds on wet pavement. otherwise, you'll spin out. They also don't grip very well on the dry pavement once the temperstures get into the 40's. The rubber on them is very temperature sensitive. When it gets warm, they grip real good, but when they get cold, then you have to drive very carefully.

BTW, here's the webpage for the Nitto NT555R drag radials that you need for traction off the line since your is supercharged (NOT to be confused with the Nitto "NT555" tires, nor with the Nitto "NT555RII" tires since they are NOT drag radials.Only the NT555R tire is).
http://www.nittotire.com/tires_555r.asp

You can buy them online here....

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresByBrand.do?typ=Comp etition&mf=Nitto

I recommend that you telephone your order in, so that you can tell them that you want the $15 "Heat Cycling" service (that's $15 per tire). I called the manufacture to make sure that isn't just some sales hype in an effort to get more money out of you, and they confirmed that this Heat cycling service that the tire distributor ofers, is something that Nitto recommends for their drag radials. So I always opt for that when I buy the Nittos..

Mad4Macs
07-22-2005, 11:10 AM
You keep this up, and you'll need to change your handle to "KillBilly"

:D

BillyGman
07-22-2005, 10:28 PM
For some reason, Vettes around here are coming out of the woodwork now. I saw two of them tonight... Up until three days ago, I think I saw 2 or 3 Vettes all year long around here. But I've seen four of them in the last three days. I could understand if it were the month of May, but summer is already half over. Luck of the draw I guess.