PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Kooks

huot5
07-22-2005, 10:49 PM
:cool: Here's a quick pic of the stock exhaust and the bottom of the MM awaiting the Kooks. yeah.....:rasta:

DEFYANT
07-22-2005, 10:55 PM
You wont be sorry!!

I heard mine from another car tonight. All I can say is WOW: Audatory Orgasm (ut oh::banned: )

My wife took the Marauder out. It sure is odd seeing your car driving around. But to hear it run from the back...! People ought to thank us for the treat they get!

huot5
07-22-2005, 11:12 PM
You wont be sorry!!

I heard mine from another car tonight. All I can say is WOW: Audatory Orgasm (ut oh::banned: )

My wife took the Marauder out. It sure is odd seeing your car driving around. But to hear it run from the back...! People ought to thank us for the treat they get!
Right on. when my wife needed the MM two weeks ago and drove away...I was like...damnnn, that car is sweet.:burnout: Once the work is done, I'm sure it's going to be nice. thanks.

GEORGER@KOOKS
08-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Hay Guys thanks for the exitment over our products keep on making them faster:beer:

Cheeseheadbob
08-01-2005, 01:30 PM
I heard Defyant's as he was pulling away from me on a run yesterday. I looked in the rear view to see my boys actually look up from their DVD they we watching and ask me if that was Mr. Charlie's car. Of course they had a big smile on their faces. Question for you, though. Santa is bringing me my Trilogy in December. Should I wait for the s/c install before putting on Kooks or does it matter? Thanks, Bob.
Hay Guys thanks for the exitment over our products keep on making them faster:beer:

huot5
08-01-2005, 08:11 PM
I just pm'd George at KOOKS and Dennis R. about a clearance issue with DR rear cooling kit and the egr tube...:help: .

AS far as the install, the dipstick is a biotch (definitely worth moving the driver side motor mount for the dip stick portion), my steering shaft needed no modification, the stage 8's are a ball buster, get a friend with a lift like yesterday, AND definitely look at gettingthe rear cooling kit and PI TC done at this time.....alot of $$$ but time saving.

I hope to have pics soon, I left my camera on the work bench. :help:

DEFYANT
08-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Bob, it will not matter. The Kooks and the Trilogy do not complicate each others install.

cyclone03
08-02-2005, 09:39 AM
I just pm'd George at KOOKS and Dennis R. about a clearance issue with DR rear cooling kit and the egr tube...:help: .

AS far as the install, the dipstick is a biotch (definitely worth moving the driver side motor mount for the dip stick portion), my steering shaft needed no modification, the stage 8's are a ball buster, get a friend with a lift like yesterday, AND definitely look at gettingthe rear cooling kit and PI TC done at this time.....alot of $$$ but time saving.

I hope to have pics soon, I left my camera on the work bench. :help:

Why fight the dip stick.
Just cut about a 1/2" section out of the flange between #6 and #7 and call it a day.

The steering shaft clearance has been address by Kooks and is no longer a factor.

huot5
08-02-2005, 07:00 PM
After reading all yous guys inputs, I still had to get this done...The headers are finally in, about 12 of the 16 stage 8's are in, more to go. The shop has a welder on site so he just done up about a 1 inch section to add to the egr tube to clear the rear cooling kit. If you can imagine that one inch piece not there, the bend of the egr tube sits right on top of the black housing under it. Pic came out blurry but it's right in the center oof the pic.
Now...the issue is the TC will not go into the tranny shaft smoothly....I am addressing this with DR and PI. other than that , it's looking good. I added pics of the tranny cooler in another thread. AND I installed the 180 t-stat. yessireee.

Joe Walsh
08-02-2005, 08:49 PM
The shop has a welder on site so he just done up about a 1 inch section to add to the egr tube to clear the rear cooling kit. If you can imagine that one inch piece not there, the bend of the egr tube sits right on top of the black housing under it.

UH OH!!!! :(

I'm putting my engine back together and I've added Dennis' Cooling Kit to the rear of the cylinder heads...I have Kook's headers and I have not gooten to the EGR tube yet...
Can I re-bend the EGR tube or do I HAVE TO weld in that 1 inch section to the EGR tube???
Did Dennis recommend that you do this?

FordNut
08-03-2005, 03:47 AM
UH OH!!!! :(

I'm putting my engine back together and I've added Dennis' Cooling Kit to the rear of the cylinder heads...I have Kook's headers and I have not gooten to the EGR tube yet...
Can I re-bend the EGR tube or do I HAVE TO weld in that 1 inch section to the EGR tube???
Did Dennis recommend that you do this?
I have the Kooks, DR cooling mod, and Paul's intake spacer. My EGR tube was not extended, but I believe it was bent to fit during the install. The cooling mod hose from the drivers side came in contact with the EGR tube so I added a bit of Thermo-Tec insulation to protect the rubber tubing at that one spot. Or you could just use a zip-tie to pull the hose away from the EGR tube.

I also added flow restrictors in the cooling kit to ensure the heat works in the winter.

huot5
08-03-2005, 06:17 AM
Dennis does have a remedy for the EGR tube interference. He suggests getting a brass flare tube fitting and part of a '03 Mach 1 egr tube. This would have been time consuming for my install, so with someone on site to cut the OEM egr tube and weld a one inch extension made it easier. It can be done. just size up the situation. good luck.