PDA

View Full Version : Snow Tires BE GONE!

CRUZTAKER
03-11-2003, 03:30 PM
OK, this post is for the snow birds....and we all know who we are.

. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The forecast for the next 10 days HERE, is for above 40 daily temps, and some 60's as well. I am so much wanting to swap tires. I can hear them in the shed calling me.......Baaarry, put us on....

I have NEVER had them on for more than 1 day since I bought the car. I am dying here. What do you guys to the east and west of me think?

(Minnesota: Don't answer that, spring comes in June up there! yuk-yuk)

Wellll, lets do it, what's the worse that could happen? ;confused

The first person that says NOR-EASTER gets it.......... :po: :P

RF Overlord
03-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Barry:

I heard that Ohio has four seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction...

:lol:

Fourth Horseman
03-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Nor-eas... errr... uhm... I mean, I'd swap 'em now. WTF!? Winter's over! :D

nomad
03-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Cruz,SWAP-EM! Even if it snows,which it will, lot's of sun these days.
Hell,mine's coming out this weekend,gets DR 4.10s @ Denso's next wk.
Just gotta wash it more now. You guy's use almost as much salt as us.
Damn, gonna be puttin miles on soon!:D

CRUZTAKER
03-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
.....I heard that Ohio has four seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction...
:lol:

Hardy har-har. If this weren't true I'd be offended.

And the Cuyahoga no longer has potential of spontaneous combustion
___________:flamer:

HEY! Only three posts, come on now.....the cabin fever has hit it's max.
Oh yeah, TWO replies, sorry fourth, yours doesn't count :P

I have never been to Utah, but I know it's............over there. Do you guys even HAVE seasons? :nono:
Anyway, I am sure it WILL snow once more. It almost ALWAYS snows on the BB season opener. When is that? April something?
The way I see it, no snow in the forecast for 10 days. That takes us to around the 22nd, and and 13 more days till the opener.......maybe, just maybe.:down:

GarageMahal
03-11-2003, 06:04 PM
I found the factory tires were fine with less than 2 inches of snow on the road. Getting more than that right now so I guess mine are stayin' on.

jta

P.S. RF, those are the seasons in Minnesota anyway. Not sure about Ohio... where is Ohio?

LincMercLover
03-11-2003, 09:35 PM
What are snow tires? :D

Murader03
03-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Took mine off this past Saturday. Had flurries today, but nothing to worry about there. Gawd! It's really nice seeing a good looking car with bright wheels again.

CRUZTAKER
03-12-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
What are snow tires? :D

Ha-Ha, heard that before...........in Georgia.......5 hours into a snow storm!

Speak softly LML,speak softly.........:P

I started to do the swap, but it was difficult running the wheelbarrow thru the back yard with 6-8 inches of what has now become solid ice clumps rutted from all the g#da%m deer cutting thru........and when I find a hose and tun the spicket on, the underground feeder is still frozen.
(I want to wash the insides first. So tonite it's run a hose from the basement and scrub outside the back door.

One plus, it stays light a lot longer these days......:)

MM03MOK
03-12-2003, 05:30 AM
Wheelbarrow...? Deer...? Hose from the basement...?

Jeez, CRUZ, didn't your double-wide come with indoor plumbing?

:D :D :shake: :lol: :lol:

LincMercLover
03-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Oh... :flamer:

Wags
03-12-2003, 09:27 AM
CRUZTAKER,

Wheels in a shed? My wheels are safely tucked away in my office, stacked up in a corner. You should be ashamed to leave your poor, defenseless wheels out in the cold. Wheels have feelings too.;)

SergntMac
03-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by MM03MOK
Wheelbarrow...? Deer...? Hose from the basement...? Jeez, CRUZ, didn't your double-wide come with indoor plumbing?

Rut row...Is this commentary a hint at who holds the true "power behind the wheel"? Perhaps the great MM.Net philosopher has an angel on his shoulder, whispering just the right words into his ear?

His genie?

His muse?

"Never mind than mortal man behind the curtain, I am the great, the one and only OZ!"

Whoops...Busted?

TAF
03-12-2003, 05:47 PM
You didn't think HE came up with those poignant quips...did ya Sarge?

When he speaks for himself...THAT'S when we get those one-word answers...."Yup"..."D'OH"...etc...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RF Overlord
03-12-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Perhaps the great MM.Net philosopher has an angel on his shoulder, whispering just the right words into his ear?
No.

Originally posted by toddalanfisher
You didn't think HE came up with those poignant quips...did ya Sarge?
When he speaks for himself...THAT'S when we get those one-word answers...."Yup"..."D'OH"...etc...

Bastages...

CRUZTAKER
03-12-2003, 06:32 PM
HEYYYY, wait a minute. How did I become the center of ridicule???? :P

Most of the city folks don't understand. I use the word shed to keep it simple for some.....in all actuality it's an "Out Building". And It's big enough for 2 riders, 2 pushers, eight sets of wheels, and a Fiat Spider.
It has electric, and is stained in a cozy dark cedar. My wheels were in good company. Besides, the 2 sets of MM wheels are never in the same room together, so there is no hard feelings between them.

Now back to subject. I scrubbed them down inside out and put them on. What a look. I took a 'cruz', and got more looks than ever. It's almost embarrassing. I purposely bought gas at TWO different stations.

I need to start a new thread....something funny with these tires.
I recall others mentioning it.