PDA

View Full Version : All parts included???

kingsford
07-23-2005, 08:23 PM
I tried to email trilogy directly, so sorry if my ques piss anyone off.

Anyways, I was wondering if the trilogy kit comes with all the parts that are necessary for the install, or if there are other mods that are advised. (Car is stock) I need to plan for all expenses to see if this is even a feasible option. Also, is 61,000 miles too late in the game? Thanks for the help

:help:

DEFYANT
07-23-2005, 09:06 PM
I tried to email trilogy directly, so sorry if my ques piss anyone off.

Anyways, I was wondering if the trilogy kit comes with all the parts that are necessary for the install, or if there are other mods that are advised. (Car is stock) I need to plan for all expenses to see if this is even a feasible option. Also, is 61,000 miles too late in the game? Thanks for the help

:help:Everything you need is included. Except for things like RTV sealant. Everything! The only other expense is the cost of insat (if you dont do it yourself) and new rear tires.

Email Trilogy and request them reply with the email version of the manuel.

EDIT: If email does not work, PM Jerry Barns.

mongo
07-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Kingsford,

I just installed my Trilogy kit. I'm #92. The items I had to purchase were loctite red & blue, spark plugs from dealership & anti-freeze. Installation took me about four evenings. The instruction manual is very easy to follow, there are lots of pictures. I called & ordered the instruction manual two weeks ahead of time to see what I was going to get into to see if I was going to do it myself or if I would have someone else do it. I would give a call to Trilogy & ask for Donna & have her send you a manual. The phone # I have is 313-336-6135. If you ask my opionion on if it is worth it, I would have to say YES! You can spend thousands on bolt ons & not get this result.
Mongo

BillyGman
07-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I agree.....the things you'll need are in the kit, including the 8 ribbed blower belt, 6 ribbed accesory drive belt, higher output fuel injectors, all the hoses, the boost gauge, intercooler, electric water pump for the intercooler coolant system, gaskets, electrical connectors, etc, etc...

The things you'll need are the $30 set of sparkplugs (which are a Motorcraft part#, and are one step cooler than the factory ones), coolant, blue LOC-tite,and I chose to use new LOWER intake manifold gaskets (a dealer item from the Ford parts department)(you'll need to order two of them, one for the left, and one for the right side). Those lower intake gaskets are re-usable, and many guys just use the original ones, but I for one get particular about using new gaskets that will only cost about $20 on a job that costs thousands of dollars overall. You should also get a new air filter, oil filter, and ofcourse oil, since it will be a good time to do those things also. If you haven't replaced your fuel filter in the last 20,000 miles, than that will be a good thing to replace also since Ford recommends once every 24,000 miles for that anyway (and mine was partially clogged at 23,000 miles!).

But if you choose to get the new intake gaskets as I did, do NOT get the upper intake gasket, because you will not even be using the upper intake manifold anymore. Only the lower intake manifold is used, so you'll only need the two gaskets for that.

As far as your car having 60+K miles on it, I dunno. That isn't ideal, but perhaps it's okay. You should ask Jerry Barnes about that.One more thing....some guys get a custom dyno tune from Lidio, but that is by no means mandatory. many of us (myself included) simply use the engine tune that's included with the chiop that comes with the Trilogy kit that's burned by Lidio, and it works fine. I've put 20,000 supercharged miles on my car now using that chip, and I haven't had any problems.

kingsford
07-24-2005, 01:29 AM
REPLY TO ALL:

Thanks a lot for the detailed info. I would be planning to do it myself (with help from friends, and $ permitting), so I value your help greatly.

mongo and defyant- great idea of getting the manual ahead of time.
billygman-you are my inspiration, those vids are sick... :burnout: ..damn you... :lol:

BillyGman
07-24-2005, 04:38 AM
billygman-you are my inspiration, those vids are sick... :burnout: ..damn you... :lol::baaa: :baaa: :baaa: LOL.......:D

RF Overlord
07-24-2005, 06:15 AM
^^^ what they all said^^^

The only thing I might add is to check the Gates P/N on the 6-rib accessory belt. Mine came with a 60975 and it was simply too short to install. Tallboy and carfixer came to my rescue (I assumed I was doing something wrong) and told me the correct belt number is 60980 (½" longer), so try to have one of those on hand as well. I mentioned this issue to the people at Trilogy when I was there in May, and they verified that their "mock-up" motor had the 60980 on it, so your kit may already have the correct belt with it.

Donna
07-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Please call us (313-336-6135) and we will be more then happy to send you the part list. My extension is 106 and I am there by 7:00 am est.

Donna

Kingsford,

I just installed my Trilogy kit. I'm #92. The items I had to purchase were loctite red & blue, spark plugs from dealership & anti-freeze. Installation took me about four evenings. The instruction manual is very easy to follow, there are lots of pictures. I called & ordered the instruction manual two weeks ahead of time to see what I was going to get into to see if I was going to do it myself or if I would have someone else do it. I would give a call to Trilogy & ask for Donna & have her send you a manual. The phone # I have is 313-336-6135. If you ask my opionion on if it is worth it, I would have to say YES! You can spend thousands on bolt ons & not get this result.
Mongo