PDA

View Full Version : Eaton Blower

maraudernkc
07-24-2005, 04:19 PM
I just thought I would let all the Eaton blower owners out there know that I now own one.

I bought a Grand Prix GTP with an Eaton Blower. Does anyone know what model Eaton they put on those? 260HP stock. Feels a little slow to the Maraduer but the milage rocks, 28 on the Highway.

Rider90
07-24-2005, 04:21 PM
I just thought I would let all the Eaton blower owners out there know that I now own one.

I bought a Grand Prix GTP with an Eaton Blower. Does anyone know what model Eaton they put on those? 260HP stock. Feels a little slow to the Maraduer but the milage rocks, 28 on the Highway.

IIRC they are at the same boost levels as the newer Impala SS, which is 6psi. I think joining a GTP forum would do you some good, and congrats! :cool:

Rick-n-Miami
07-24-2005, 04:54 PM
A buddy of mine has one with quite a few mods (low 13s). The Eaton is the M90 with no intercooler.

maraudernkc
07-24-2005, 04:59 PM
The Impala uses the 3800 series 2 motor while the GTP uses the series 3 motor. 20 more ponies. I think the series 3 has a larger throtle body and some other items.

IIRC they are at the same boost levels as the newer Impala SS, which is 6psi. I think joining a GTP forum would do you some good, and congrats! :cool:

mpearce
07-24-2005, 05:10 PM
what the heck does (IIRC) mean? I assume it's some nifty little code like...

OTOH, SOTP, WOT, FWIW, etc, etc...

and of course...my apologies for degrading this thread.

please continue...

-Mat

carfixer
07-24-2005, 05:41 PM
what the heck does (IIRC) mean? I assume it's some nifty little code like...

OTOH, SOTP, WOT, FWIW, etc, etc...

and of course...my apologies for degrading this thread.

please continue...

-Mat
IIRC; If I Recall Correctly

Greg, sounds like you picked up a really nice ride. It must be tough deciding ---which supercharged car should I drive today? :) We know the choice is obvious! Enjoy your new ride!

bigslim
07-24-2005, 06:54 PM

I have a video of a guy running a Buick Regal GS with one of those supercharged engines with a 11.6 time. There are a lot of mods that can be done to those cars. I hear that the front torque steer is not as bad as one would think.

blackf0rk
07-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I own the NAIOA (naioa.com) and we have a lot of guys with the Impala SS. The the torque steer isn't real bad with a stock SS. You can't really get the tires to spin on WOT.

I smoked an SS at a light a few weeks back, after I put 2 cars length on him before the speed limit he gave up. He pulled up next to me, complimented him on his spotless Impala SS, and told him about the NAIOA forums. Needless to say I smoked one of my own members. LOL w00ps :P