PDA

View Full Version : PI Stallion 3500 getting installed right now!

TooManyFords
07-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Man, I sure hope they get it finished up before 5pm tonight! It's in getting the 36332 mile scheduled tranny service done while they put the converter in.

Can't wait!

Oh.... Oh.... OH....

Is it done yet?

How bout now?

Now?

Ok, I'll wait a little longer...

HwyCruiser
07-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Let the more fun begin!

The OEM size rear tires are really going to be worthless with the loose converter. I hope you have a plan coming together with that, or should we just start calling you Walker now? :D

maraudernkc
07-27-2005, 04:21 AM
John, You will love your new looser converter. Let me know what you think after the Install.

Man, I sure hope they get it finished up before 5pm tonight! It's in getting the 36332 mile scheduled tranny service done while they put the converter in.

Can't wait!

Oh.... Oh.... OH....

Is it done yet?

How bout now?

Now?

Ok, I'll wait a little longer...

TooManyFords
07-27-2005, 04:41 AM
I even drove over there at 4:58pm but it was still on the hoist. (sigh)

So here I sit, 6:41am, waiting for that call!

John

SergntMac
07-27-2005, 04:47 AM
It's worth the wait.

MarauderTJA
07-27-2005, 07:37 AM
I even drove over there at 4:58pm but it was still on the hoist. (sigh)

So here I sit, 6:41am, waiting for that call!

John
Your just gonna love it John when you hammer it:coolman:

MarauderMarc
07-27-2005, 06:05 PM
what can I expect to pay for a pi converter install??? should I get a tranny service done at the same time?

TooManyFords
07-27-2005, 06:11 PM
My install is going to run about $400, but that also includes a complete flush and filter and some in incidentals like header gaskets etc. I should get a discount for training the monkeys how to install the converter today but I know I won't. I'll just be happy when I get it tomorrow morning!

Cheers!

John

snowbird
07-27-2005, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE= ... ... I should get a discount for training the monkeys how to install the converter today but I know I won't. ...
John[/QUOTE]LOL LOL Hope those guys don't routinely loggin in here !! It would be a thick bill tomorrow morning !!:D

MarauderMark
07-27-2005, 07:36 PM
what can I expect to pay for a pi converter install??? should I get a tranny service done at the same time?

Go see dennis get the trans upgrade and the t/c together..:up:

HwyCruiser
07-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Is it done yet?

Who wants to bet TMF welcomed the tranmission shop guys to work this morning. :D

TooManyFords
07-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Almost! Missed them by 30 minutes. But it's done and I just got back from reducing the rear tire height by a couple 32nds.

It is so hard to put it in words the difference this change made. So, I'm just going to have to give people rides to show them.

Un-****g-believable!

Even without drag radials, I'm heading out to the track this weekend to lower my ET or make my own burnout video.

Cheers!

John

MarauderTJA
07-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Almost! Missed them by 30 minutes. But it's done and I just got back from reducing the rear tire height by a couple 32nds.

It is so hard to put it in words the difference this change made. So, I'm just going to have to give people rides to show them.

Un-****g-believable!

Even without drag radials, I'm heading out to the track this weekend to lower my ET or make my own burnout video.

Cheers!

John
Just a touch different when you hammer it, huh John:)

HwyCruiser
07-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Man oh man, we want videos of the final destruction of the stock rubber! :D

Now to step #3: Drag radials. I got my Konig/Nittos via UPS yesterday and I went right home and put them on to test out on the street. With the Stallion and 370 pulley, putting the hammer down felt like the like the Hand of God was reaching down to snatch the car from underneath me. Nittos rule! :bows:

duhtroll
07-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Where did you get the install done J?

-A

MarauderTJA
07-28-2005, 11:35 AM

Now to step #3: Drag radials. I got my Konig/Nittos via UPS yesterday and I went right home and put them on to test out on the street. With the Stallion and 370 pulley, putting the hammer down felt like the like the Hand of God was reaching down to snatch the car from underneath me. Nittos rule! :bows:
Man I am jealous. I really need to get my rims widened and put on set of Nitto's Drag Radials... Can't wait. ITMT you guys - go baby go:burnout:

Mike M
07-28-2005, 12:23 PM

Tell me more...stock rim width? What size Nittos and which model Nittos?
Thanks

HwyCruiser
07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Tell me more...stock rim width? What size Nittos and which model Nittos?
Thanks

Mike, see this thread:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20068

maraudernkc
07-31-2005, 01:53 PM
MarauderMarc, I am a PI dealer and will sell you stall converter for $699.00 plus about $20.00 bucks foir shipping.

Thanks, Greg

BruteForce
07-31-2005, 08:55 PM
MarauderMarc, I am a PI dealer and will sell you stall converter for $699.00 plus about $20.00 bucks foir shipping.

Thanks, Greg

Nice price Greg. If I didn't already have one I'd be all over it. Thanks for supporting the MM clan. :D

TooManyFords
08-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Had to happen I guess. Was out on the strip this last Friday night and no less than two actually lined up with me at lights with the intentions of finding out how bad they would get beat.

First was a Pontiac GTP with a modified Eaton setup and a triple pillar gauge cluster. Nice kid too. You could definitely hear that eaton spinning up. It's over in about 300 feet and I got out of it. He just said he thought he'd do better than that.

Second was a kid in a 90's Fox body Mustang GT 5.0. Sounded real nice too. He says at the light, "I want to see how bad I get beat. I hear you're fast. Does that really go 12's?" Yep, watch...

The up-side to this now is that I just park in front of the Pizza joint on the strip and watch the cars go by. Saves gas!

Gotta love that PI and the ProCharger/NoS setup!

John