PDA

View Full Version : Final Tune Completed

MarauderTJA
07-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Finally after a couple of months of getting the necessary recommended modifcations for my motor and car as well as after spending 10 hours at Diablosport, my car is finally tuned. First major tune was 7 hours at Diablosport with Scott Beer on June 25th and then three more hours on July 16th. Incredible! I cannot believe the amount of parameters that are involved with our computers. More than 1600 according to Scott Beer. And is Mr. Beer the man. Watching him do his thing was impressive to say the least. Most important to me was not the big RWHP numbers but for the motor to be safe. But as it came out I got the best of both worlds.

On June 25th Scott pulled 400 RWHP at 5000 RPM with 8 degrees of timing. Really impressive. After some additional tuning the car pulled 475 RWHP at 6000 RPM with 14 degrees of timing. But Scott didn't like the voltage levels with the Walbro 255 fuel pump. I had installed 60 lb injectors and a MAFia mass air extender to allow safer A/F ratios with the 360 pulley. But Scott suggested that we put in a dual Conbra fuel pump to keep it safe and eliminate the fuel delivery issue. Bought one from DR and Claude (Carfixer) installed it. Back to Diablosport on July 16th.

The bonsai high pull was 513 RWHP, 426 Ft lbs torque at 6500 RPM at a 11.8 A/F ratio. That was really scary! (I filmed it and will upload later once I figure out how.) Scott backed it down to around a safe 485 RWHP and 414 Ft lbs torque with up to 16 degrees of timing at 11.8 lbs of boost with a 11.5 A/F at 6250 RPM. The car is absolutely a monster. But a subtle as a lamb around town in a rabid wolf's clothing. There is no question in my mind the truth to the expression " its all in the tune." The calibration of the tranmission shift points, torque converter lock up/unlock all came out outstanding. It was a lot of time, money and effort. But worth every minute and dollar spent.

I have to get widened wheels and drag radials real soon. IN addition I need to get a tranny cooler and deep pan. Looking at the B&M hi-tek unit with built in fan. And brakes, big brakes. Seriously required equipment now. Plans are to make a serious Marauder showing at the upcoming Southern Super Heayweight Shootout at Atlanta Dragway this November. Should be nice and cool to hopefully put down some impressive et's there. And if all goes right, Scott Beer will be showing up with his laptop to load in a 100 octane race tune for the event.

Time will tell how it all turns out:banana2:

MarauderMark
07-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Finally after a couple of months of getting the necessary recommended modifcations for my motor and car as well as after spending 10 hours at Diablosport, my car is finally tuned. First major tune was 7 hours at Diablosport with Scott Beer on June 25th and then three more hours on July 16th. Incredible! I cannot believe the amount of parameters that are involved with our computers. More than 1600 according to Scott Beer. And is Mr. Beer the man. Watching him do his thing was impressive to say the least. Most important to me was not the big RWHP numbers but for the motor to be safe. But as it came out I got the best of both worlds.

On June 25th Scott pulled 400 RWHP at 5000 RPM with 8 degrees of timing. Really impressive. After some additional tuning the car pulled 475 RWHP at 6000 RPM with 14 degrees of timing. But Scott didn't like the voltage levels with the Walbro 255 fuel pump. I had installed 60 lb injectors and a MAFia mass air extender to allow safer A/F ratios with the 260 pulley. But Scott suggested that we put in a dual Conbra fuel pump to keep it safe and eliminate the fuel delivery issue. Bought one from DR and Claude (Carfixer) installed it. Back to Diablosport on July 16th.

The bonsai high pull was 513 RWHP, 426 Ft lbs torque at 6500 RPM at a 11.8 A/F ratio. That was really scary! (I filmed it and will upload later once I figure out how.) Scott backed it down to around a safe 485 RWHP and 414 Ft lbs torque with up to 16 degrees of timing at 11.8 lbs of boost with a 11.5 A/F at 6250 RPM. The car is absolutely a monster. But a subtle as a lamb around town in a rabid wolf's clothing. There is no question in my mind the truth to the expression " its all in the tune." The calibration of the tranmission shift points, torque converter lock up/unlock all came out outstanding. It was a lot of time, money and effort. But worth every minute and dollar spent.

I have to get widened wheels and drag radials real soon. IN addition I need to get a tranny cooler and deep pan. Looking at the B&M hi-tek unit with built in fan. And brakes, big brakes. Seriously required equipment now. Plans are to make a serious Marauder showing at the upcoming Southern Super Heayweight Shootout at Atlanta Dragway this November. Should be nice and cool to hopefully put down some impressive et's there. And if all goes right, Scott Beer will be showing up with his laptop to load in a 100 octane race tune for the event.

Time will tell how it all turns out:banana2:

Boyeeee That is some great numbers my friend..:up:

MarauderTJA
07-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Boyeeee That is some great numbers my friend..:up:
Thanks Mark. All I can say is oooooorahhh. I'll be driving the car up to New Jersey (I-95) the end of August and back to Virgina after Labor Day. Would love to hook up with you CAM guys either on the way up or heading home.

Tom

Rider90
07-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Scott Beer is the man! I'm currently running a tune in my Marauder he came up with based on my mods. Not bad for not having to hit the dyno, but I will soon.

snowbird
07-27-2005, 07:09 PM

On June 25th Scott pulled 400 RWHP at 5000 RPM with 8 degrees of timing. Really impressive. After some additional tuning the car pulled 475 RWHP at 6000 RPM with 14 degrees of timing. But Scott didn't like the voltage levels with the Walbro 255 fuel pump. I had installed 60 lb injectors and a MAFia mass air extender to allow safer A/F ratios with the 260 pulley. But Scott suggested that we put in a dual Conbra fuel pump to keep it safe and eliminate the fuel delivery issue. Bought one from DR and Claude (Carfixer) installed it. Back to Diablosport on July 16th.

Time will tell how it all turns out:banana2:WoW, Awesome !! I salute your course to go with an extended tuning session.

But in the same time, i'm getting worried with the lightning MAF and the Walbro pump, the AFR, timing on my car ...

shakes_26
07-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Tom,

You left out one little fact....... its was 92F and about 83% humidity on the 12th of July.

I can't even imagine what this car will do in say... November, in mmhmmm the hills of Georgia maybe? http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

One word for that car of yours....

Beast.

HwyCruiser
07-27-2005, 08:42 PM
WoW, Awesome !! I salute your course to go with an extended tuning session.

But in the same time, i'm getting worried with the lightning MAF and the Walbro pump, the AFR, timing on my car ...

Snowbird,

I think you should bump up to a 370 pulley and get her on a dyno for peace of mind. I know once I saw a dyno sheet on mine I stopped worrying about beating on my MM.

Some of the CAM folks should be able to help out finding a speed shop in the NE.

Oh yeah, great numbers Tom! I'm sure you're very satisfied to get your MM all squared away.

MENINBLK
07-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks Mark. All I can say is oooooorahhh. I'll be driving the car up to New Jersey (I-95) the end of August and back to Virgina after Labor Day. Would love to hook up with you CAM guys either on the way up or heading home.

Tom

Where you going to be in New Jersey ???
We could get a meet together !!!

snowbird
07-28-2005, 02:36 AM
[QUOTE=HwyCruiser]Snowbird,

I think you should bump up to a 370 pulley and get her on a dyno for peace of mind. I know once I saw a dyno sheet on mine I stopped worrying about beating on my MM.

Some of the CAM folks should be able to help out finding a speed shop in the NE.

QUOTE]
I guess you're right. An high tech upgrade like a blower have to be closely in check. Besides, Maraudertja is proving again that not only there's some peace of mind to be gained but a some HP and TQ too.

Did i forgot to mention how nice are the people from the New York-New Jersey area ? !!:D

MarauderMark
07-28-2005, 04:46 AM

Tom
Looking forward to it Tom just give a holla..But we may have more luck getting you comming rather than going.Wanna get some pics as well.:up:

Haggis
07-28-2005, 05:11 AM

Snowbird, I was having difficuilty with my Walbro fuel pump delivering enough fuel, fuel pressure was low at WOT, just remember the Walbro is not designed for a returnless fuel system. I went to a SVT Focus fuel pump and KB boost-a-pump and the car now has enough fuel pressure at WOT.

I also kept the stock MAF and went with a MAFxtender which made tunning so much easier and flatten out my A/F ratio to 11.5.

Cobra25
07-28-2005, 05:23 AM
Tom ,You put alot of time & money into you Marauder . You ended up with a great safe tune done by one of the Top Tuners in the Country. Scott Beer does outstanding work , you now have one of the most powerfull Marauders in the Country. You, Tim & me are very lucky to have had Scott Beer tune our Marauder's . I know you will steal the show in Atlanta in November. Again Congrats on the great Number's!

ckadiddle
07-28-2005, 06:38 AM
That's one B.A.M.F. of a car.

Tallboy
07-28-2005, 06:45 AM
Folks, let me tell 'ya something. When MarauderTJA, and Cobra25 get some drag radials and track time, there is going to be a serious re-shuffling of the top timeslips. The power these cars are putting out is unreal. I am proud to count them both as my friends and will be rooting for them all the way!:beer:

MarauderTJA
07-28-2005, 07:20 AM

But in the same time, i'm getting worried with the lightning MAF and the Walbro pump, the AFR, timing on my car ...The Lightning MAF is really ok according to Scott. You may need the Diablosport MAFia mass air extender which allows more air. According to SCott Beer, shortly Diablosport is coming out with their own super MAF. I may change over to that once it is completed and tested. I keep everyone informed once it is available. I also had to change out the Walbro fuel pump to the dual Cobra fuel pump with the addition of the 60 lb injectors. But I have the 360 pulley which puts out more boost and main reason all this happened. TMAC has the base kit and has a great tune. The bottom line is it was all done to make everything safer for my mods.

TOM

MarauderTJA
07-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Tom,

You left out one little fact....... its was 92F and about 83% humidity on the 12th of July.

I can't even imagine what this car will do in say... November, in mmhmmm the hills of Georgia maybe? http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

One word for that car of yours....

Beast.The bonsai run was the high one, but he had to back everything way back with the high temp and humidity. And yes, November is going to the balls. And hopefully you'll be going up with me along with a number of other SSM guys to represent the "Sunshine State Marauder Race team." I am going to get some t-shirts made for our group just for this event. It should be a fun and wild time.:burnout:

MarauderTJA
07-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Where you going to be in New Jersey ???
We could get a meet together !!!
I will be Trenton from August 28 - September 9. I have Labor Day week end off if you want to get together. The more Marauders the better.

TOM

MarauderTJA
07-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Looking forward to it Tom just give a holla..But we may have more luck getting you comming rather than going.Wanna get some pics as well.:up:
Will do. I be heading north on Friday August 26th to Trenton, NJ. Hopefully we can set something up.

TOM

maraudernkc
07-29-2005, 07:29 AM
I just put Tom's tune in Procharger #0 and Holy sh**!

My car is a tire shredding monster. Making just 5 PSI I can roast the tires.

The tune is everything.

Thanks Diablo and Scott Beer for an incrediable tune!~

HwyCruiser
07-29-2005, 07:37 AM
I just put Tom's tune in Procharger #0 and Holy sh**!

My car is a tire shredding monster. Making just 5 PSI I can roast the tires.

The tune is everything.

Thanks Diablo and Scott Beer for an incrediable tune!~

Drag radials for you! Anyone can roast bald-a$$ g-forces. :rolleyes:

maraudernkc
07-29-2005, 07:46 AM
There not bald yet! :burnout:

Drag radials for you! Anyone can roast bald-a$$ g-forces. :rolleyes:

Mike M
07-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Will do. I be heading north on Friday August 26th to Trenton, NJ. Hopefully we can set something up.

TOM

Mind if I meet up with you when you go to NJ?
My Marauder will be in AZ at the time but I'll have a rent a car.

MarauderTJA
08-01-2005, 06:19 AM
Mind if I meet up with you when you go to NJ?
My Marauder will be in AZ at the time but I'll have a rent a car.
Not a problem. I will let you know what hotel I am staying at and PM you my cell phone number.

TOM

MM03MOK
08-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Not a problem. I will let you know what hotel I am staying at and PM you my cell phone number.

TOMTom - keep me posted on your dates on Cape Cod. We'll do the cruise in Hyannis again!

MarauderTJA
08-01-2005, 07:02 AM
Tom - keep me posted on your dates on Cape Cod. We'll do the cruise in Hyannis again!
Bunny, I will try and hook up with you for the cruise. For this part of my trip north I am flying up this Wednesday with my wife and getting a rental car. Then I fly home on the 13th for a couple of weeks and then driving up to NJ.

TOM

DEFYANT
08-01-2005, 07:34 AM
I'm in for the meet n greet. I may even cruise with ya to NJ enroute to family in NY!

Lemme say, I missed the trials and tribulations of the Trilogy and DR'd Vortech build ups. To see the concept take shape into a living breathing monster...WOW! I enjoyed reading this build up.

Thanks.

MarauderTJA
08-01-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm in for the meet n greet. I may even cruise with ya to NJ enroute to family in NY!

Lemme say, I missed the trials and tribulations of the Trilogy and DR'd Vortech build ups. To see the concept take shape into a living breathing monster...WOW! I enjoyed reading this build up.

Thanks.
10-4. I also have been talking with some of your CAM members for a meet on my way up to New Jersey. Will let you know when and if we all can hook up. Also, I have Labor day weekend off. Would be great if some of us could hook up for a multi-state Marauder meet.

TOM

Mike M
08-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Of course this stuff happens after I move out of NJ. Anyway my Marauder is in AZ but I am in NJ about once a week so count me in.
Mike