PDA

View Full Version : Piglet's Care Packages

MM03MOK
03-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Here's my plan. I'm sure we can all make this work.

Cape Cod/MA will put together the first package, ironing out all the shipping and contents issues.

I ask that any other individual or group interested in queueing behind us, let me know via PM. I will create a Word docu.ment with all the details needed and will forward to one contact person for that group.

I will also post in this thread which groups have contacted me, first come, first served. If you're having a gathering, everyone can bring an item or two or even send a few dollars for items and postage.

Once I get all the details, we can determine how frequently the packages should be sent. I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities for him to share his goodies, too.

Remember: no posting of Piglet's name, address or location.

Ms. Piglet said, "It means the world to me that total strangers are so willing to extend a helping hand. I have been unbelievably touched by the support you all have shown."

Contact / Date Sent

MM03MOK & RF Overlord / April 11
gja / April 28
SergntMac / May 8
BillatPro /
KSMM03 /
TAF /
Stealth Vic /
BigDogJim / May 7
Mensrea /
Slowpoke /
MartyO /
Black Badger /

(additional support from BigDogJim and a guardian angel.)

Update: 3/24/03: Just waiting for the FPO address. Thanks to all that responded.

Update: 4/06/03: Just received Piglet's FPO address from Ms. Piglet. RF and I will go through the process this week and will update those who have offered to send a package. Thanks to all that responded.

Update: 4/11/03: Piglet's first package is on it's way!! I'm sending emails to all the above with Piglet's address and all the instructions. If anyone wants to send a letter to Piglet, PM or email me. I'll pass it along.

:coolman:

SergntMac
03-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Look for an e-mail from me?

mensrea
03-27-2003, 11:53 AM
I would like to send one as well...

Slowpoke
03-31-2003, 09:43 PM
someone let me know where o send stuff and I will send it!

MM03MOK
04-06-2003, 06:18 PM
It's a go!

Just received Piglet's FPO. See first post above.

Message from Ms. Piglet:

I'm not sure how long mail is taking to get to him these days. His email has been off for about a week......He won't be able to check in to the MM board for awhile. I know he would love to hear from some of his MM pals!

Thank you again for your support,
"Ms. Piglet"

TAF
04-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Please add me to the list. I sent a PM when you posted this...but, unfortunately...I think it was to RF instead of you. He probably lost/forgot/deleted/whatevered it...

PM me with what I can send.

Thanks!

Patrick
04-07-2003, 12:54 AM
Just bring him him home soon!!!!!! Along with all our brothers and sisters!!!!!1

MM03MOK
04-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Piglet's first package is on it's way!!

His address and mailing instructions are being sent to those that volunteered to send a little something his way. If anyone wants to send him a letter, please email me and I'll send his address along. Remember, no posting his address.

piglet
04-19-2003, 07:21 AM
Hey All,

Greetings from Iraq. What I ride it has been. I am in the middle of a huge sand storm and visibility is down to less than 1/2 a mile. We are doing well; living in challenging conditions and flying conditions.

I am hopeful our time here will be quick. I can't wait to get back aboard the ships and head home. No telling how long that will be.

Thanks so much for the packages. I will keep an eye open for them. Mail takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. I just got my birthday package from my bride that she mailed in Feb two days ago.

We just got up on email and internet however it is slow and the lines are long to use it. I have used up all my time waiting for this login page to load.

Again thank you all for your love and support.

jgc61sr2002
04-19-2003, 07:31 AM
Piglet - God Bless you and all the other members of the service, you really make us proud. Semper Fi John

martyo
04-19-2003, 07:32 AM
USA! USA! USA!

Need I say more?

TAF
04-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Piglet,

Great to hear from you! Our collective wish is you'll be home, behind the wheel before any package reaches you.

Keep up the good work and God Bless,

LincMercLover
04-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Thank god he's still around! Hurry up and get your ass home! :up:

piglet
05-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi all,

I am out of the sand and back on the ship. It is great to be back, hot shower, hot food and a clean rack (bed). I wanted to thank RF Overload and MM03Mok for the care package. It was great to get it. It was much appreciated. The location where we were operating out of was very austere and receiving a care package really brightened up the day. I shared it with my fellow Marines and can't thank you enough for the package.

I have a few pictures I would like to have posted here on the website if possible. If I could email them to someone that could get them posted I would appreciate it. Also for RF Overlord and MM03Mok I have some pictures for you as well. They are of me and your "Old Glory" in Iraq. I just need to get your email address. Please send your email address to bigiron@ec.rr.com and my bride will forward them to me.

Again thanks to all of you for your prayers and support.

MM03MOK
05-11-2003, 09:32 AM
PIGLET -

Members have more packages on their way to your FPO. We'll stop mailing more.

SO good to hear from you. I'd be glad to post your pics. Mrs. Piglet has my email address but I'll send it again.

Mary

jgc61sr2002
05-11-2003, 03:17 PM
piglet - We are all glad to hear from you. Hope you'll be back in the USA soon. Semper Fi. John

RCSignals
05-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Glad to hear all is well and you're back on ship.
Hopefully you'll be headed home soon.

MM03MOK
05-22-2003, 06:37 AM
Pictures are now posted in the Gallery. Welcome Home Piglet!!

Originally posted by piglet
Hi all,

I have a few pictures I would like to have posted here on the website if possible.

Again thanks to all of you for your prayers and support.

bchapman
05-22-2003, 08:09 AM
Welcome home, Piglet!! God bless you and job well done!

WolfeBros
05-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Job well done Piglet ! Thank you to you and all the other troops for what you have done for us here and the sacrifices that you have made. Get home safe. :up:

LincMercLover
05-22-2003, 11:02 AM
About damn time you got your butt back here! You've got some catchin' up to do man! :up:

prchrman
05-22-2003, 11:08 AM
God bless...welcome home...piglet...

jgc61sr2002
05-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Welcome Home we are glad to have you back. John:up:

jrzygrl
05-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Welcome home, we'll meet in a thread yet. Thanks for all you've done for Our country.........

piglet
06-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to thank SergntMac for the awesome care package. It was great to receive it. Thanks for all the goodies especially the two hatpins. Thanks also to MM03MOK and Overload for facilitating the delivery.

I am on the ship heading home. Our arrival date is still up in the air. Hopefully we will soon have a date.

I am looking forward to getting back to my bride, MM and taking some leave. Thanks again for all your prayers and words of encouragement.

WolfeBros
06-14-2003, 09:11 AM
Glad your on your way back Piglet.
Our grateful thanks to you and all who went in harms way for us.
Words just don't say enough.:bows:

Jeff
06-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Welcome home! We're all VERY proud of you and your efforts!